HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Updates in Post #1: Crosby (jaw) | Martin (hand) 4-6 weeks | Letang (toe) 1 week

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 05:02 AM
sniugneP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
This looks promising: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...medium=twitter

So he should be able to play without protection in 3-4 weeks? I would think that means that he could play with protection even sooner.

By the time Sid's career is over, he's going to be half robot.
Great read. Thanks!

Old
04-02-2013, 07:08 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Guys, head injures are know laughing madder. Geeze, pour Sid.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Guys, head injures are know laughing madder. Geeze, pour Sid.
Eye sea watt ewe did they're.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...nclear-681777/

Saw this article, too. Apparently he still won't be able to talk for a few days, but that's okay, he probably needs a break from all the interviews anyways.
Get him one of those Stephen Hawking talking computers. He's going to be half machine anyway soon.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:48 AM
madinsomniac

LOL at the Post Gazette... couldnt get any official word on Crosby's injury so they did a whole story using a random doctor from a rival hospital on what his condition may be... Seriously.. until we actually have facts we cant extrapolate anything about the timetable for his return. It could be next week, it could be the first round... who knows outside of the Pens, Sid, and his doctors...

Old
04-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
LOL at the Post Gazette... couldnt get any official word on Crosby's injury so they did a whole story using a random doctor from a rival hospital on what his condition may be... Seriously.. until we actually have facts we cant extrapolate anything about the timetable for his return. It could be next week, it could be the first round... who knows outside of the Pens, Sid, and his doctors...
His testimony would hold up in court, so it's good enough for me.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques G View Post
His testimony would hold up in court, so it's good enough for me.
Yeah, I initially thought "Jesus, they're interviewing doctors from another hospital" but the longer I read the more I tended to believe that the guy knows what he's talking about.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:05 AM
nTsplnk*

Boy people on here are touchy. On one hand everyone wants constant updates and eat up any link that has anything to do with it.

Then they bash them for speculation. This article was a fantastic read-and we know Crosby didn't have his jaw wired shut. I learned a lot from it even if it turns out to be a different case.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:27 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Letang and conditioning coach Mike Kadar are working out on the ice at Consol Energy Center.
http://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status...78504488644610

Old
04-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

I'm not that worried about Crosby. Some may be worried about his stats, but I never much cared for those things. I'm confident he will be back for when it matters.

I don't have any evidence to go on, except Crosby's toughness and Anquan Boldin. Boldin took a full speed hit to the jaw when Eric Smith put his helmet under his face mask. Boldin was knocked out and had to have seven plates and over forty screws to put his broken face back together. He also had to have his jaw wired shut to realign his bite because it was off so badly. The hit and injury was so gruesome, Kurt Warner considered retirement because of it.

Boldin missed two games and had nine or ten catches in the game he returned. Later that season he had 12 or 13 catches for almost 200 yards agt the Hawks and another 11 catch game as well. He still finished with 1000 yards rec on the year.

Anything is possible, but I seriously doubt Crosby's face exploded like Boldin's did. Boldin is tough cat, but so is Crosby.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:47 AM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Letang and conditioning coach Mike Kadar are working out on the ice at Consol Energy Center.
http://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status...78504488644610
means he's getting closer, but probably won't play tonight.

yeah, weird story on Crosby from the PG.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Ugene Malkin
I'm Score

We need a gif of the six(8.7) million dollar man with the caption of, "we can rebuild him better than before."

Old
04-02-2013, 10:00 AM
BreakfastatMarios

I hope he heals fast. The streak all of a sudden isn't as fun or important to the fans now

Old
04-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakfastatMarios View Post
I hope he heals fast. The streak all of a sudden isn't as fun or important to the fans now
Isn't fun?

We get to watch Malkin with Iggy. The team is going for an all time winning streak record AND shutout record. The PG even said BB is expected back Wed. We get to see TK center the first line. C'mon now... Isn't fun? Wha?

This team is used to its stars going down, especially Crosby. It builds character and resolve.

Lemieux was always getting hurt, fell ill, etc. Those teams kept winning. When Lemieux broke his wrist agt the Rags Stevens said **** that we are winning this series and the team reeled of eleven straight wins to grab their second cup.

This team will do the same and slowly the smirks on the faces of the people who were happy to see Crosby get his jaw broken, will fade away into bitterness once again. Crosby will be back in time to hurt those who love to hate him the most.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:33 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Isn't fun?

We get to watch Malkin with Iggy. The team is going for an all time winning streak record AND shutout record. The PG even said BB is expected back Wed. We get to see TK center the first line. C'mon now... Isn't fun? Wha?

This team is used to its stars going down, especially Crosby. It builds character and resolve.

Lemieux was always getting hurt, fell ill, etc. Those teams kept winning. When Lemieux broke his wrist agt the Rags Stevens said **** that we are winning this series and the team reeled of eleven straight wins to grab their second cup.

This team will do the same and slowly the smirks on the faces of the people who were happy to see Crosby get his jaw broken, will fade away into bitterness once again. Crosby will be back in time to hurt those who love to hate him the most.
Yeah, I remember times in the 90s (including the Rangers series) where Lemieux wasn't there to save us and we still battled through. I feel this is a great time for the same thing. I liked that example you used, Jiggy.

This is just another step in the quest for the Cup. If anything - tonight's game is more fun. Now our backs are against the wall in terms of the streak. Even though that's not the overall goal, it's a good dramatic storyline for tonight. Can this deep team show up yet again and defy odds without their star? Is it even defying the odds anymore for how resilient this team is?

Man that's enough to get the energy up for tonight's game.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:38 AM
OGBobbyFarnham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I'm not that worried about Crosby. Some may be worried about his stats, but I never much cared for those things. I'm confident he will be back for when it matters.

I don't have any evidence to go on, except Crosby's toughness and Anquan Boldin. Boldin took a full speed hit to the jaw when Eric Smith put his helmet under his face mask. Boldin was knocked out and had to have seven plates and over forty screws to put his broken face back together. He also had to have his jaw wired shut to realign his bite because it was off so badly. The hit and injury was so gruesome, Kurt Warner considered retirement because of it.

Boldin missed two games and had nine or ten catches in the game he returned. Later that season he had 12 or 13 catches for almost 200 yards agt the Hawks and another 11 catch game as well. He still finished with 1000 yards rec on the year.

Anything is possible, but I seriously doubt Crosby's face exploded like Boldin's did. Boldin is tough cat, but so is Crosby.
The most encouraging thing for me was how he bounced right up after. We've seen what happens to Crosby when he gets his bell rung. He has that look of bewilderment with his eyes squinting etc. usually bending over. None of that was seen Saturday.

As for his jaw. It'll be stronger than before now. Docs just need to make sure no complications arise.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

I feel like they'll try to win it for Sid. Maybe they hung a picture of his mangled, bloated face on the bulletin board as inspiration.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:47 AM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

I doubt BB will be back though. The rest of what you said is 100% true though jiggy.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
The most encouraging thing for me was how he bounced right up after. We've seen what happens to Crosby when he gets his bell rung. He has that look of bewilderment with his eyes squinting etc. usually bending over. None of that was seen Saturday.

As for his jaw. It'll be stronger than before now. Docs just need to make sure no complications arise.
Well like I said there can always be complications and what not, but there is a big difference between getting a puck to the jaw by a deflected slapshot and a helmet to the jaw from a free running, 200 lb safety.

I thought Boldin was done, career wise. If he can come back in two games and play lights out, I have no worries about Crosby being back in time for the playoffs. He just needs to wait for his jaw to heal and not rush back.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:48 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
New thread is up. I'll try to keep the OP updated.

Closed Thread