HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

McLaren vs Kassian

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 05:18 PM
  #76
Sterling31
YNWA - TML
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
I've seen Colton Orr TKO'd enough to get a good idea.. (McLaren on DD/VandenBussche on Kypreos is a KO)
Colton has been TKOed, obviously (not sure what your point is in saying you saw him TKOed enough to have a good idea?, sounds childish, but okay) plenty of NHL scraps end in a TKO, meaning the ref (linesman) has stepped in to stop the onslaught

The Carkner fight was a clear KO for Orr; about as clear as you can get. He stopped because Carkner was clearly out. Similar to Orr getting KOed by Engelland.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:25 PM
  #77
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,434
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
Congrats on beating a team without it's best players, you talk like it's a big deal.
Excuses...excuses and more excuses.

This is the blueprint of Sens fans follow after they win or lose to the Leafs:

Quote:
Win against the Leafs?

Maple Leafs can't beat Bingo! Haha Senatrolled!!!

Lose against the Leafs?

We're missing this guy, and that guy, and that other guy, and that other guys best friend...but you go ahead and enjoy this win against our AHL team.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:49 PM
  #78
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Colton has been TKOed, obviously (not sure what your point is in saying you saw him TKOed enough to have a good idea?, sounds childish, but okay) plenty of NHL scraps end in a TKO, meaning the ref (linesman) has stepped in to stop the onslaught

The Carkner fight was a clear KO for Orr; about as clear as you can get. He stopped because Carkner was clearly out. Similar to Orr getting KOed by Engelland.
Whether Carkner was TKO'd or KO'd is irrelevant, it doesn't change the fact that Carkner was able to continue playing in the same game. Colton Orr was not after Orr/Carkner round 2 which was my point. That's just a fact of what happened and there's nothing wrong with that, Orr is probably still the best fighter in the league. (Until MacIntyre comes up, then it's not even close, MacIntyre is a monster)

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:53 PM
  #79
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Excuses...excuses and more excuses.

This is the blueprint of Sens fans follow after they win or lose to the Leafs:
As a Sens fan, I agree, it's pretty lame to use injuries to discredit a win from the Leafs, even if it is a reality. We lost, simple as that. Hope the next game is better.

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:49 PM
  #80
Sterling31
YNWA - TML
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
Whether Carkner was TKO'd or KO'd is irrelevant, it doesn't change the fact that Carkner was able to continue playing in the same game. Colton Orr was not after Orr/Carkner round 2 which was my point. That's just a fact of what happened and there's nothing wrong with that, Orr is probably still the best fighter in the league. (Until MacIntyre comes up, then it's not even close, MacIntyre is a monster)
He sure is. Mac is a scary dude. However, so was Jon Scott.

I understand you trying to rub it in that Carkner got the best of Orr because he wasn't able to play. But it was clear that Colton took the decision when considering all fights.

Both teams are tough. It's good to see.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:03 PM
  #81
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
He sure is. Mac is a scary dude. However, so was Jon Scott.

I understand you trying to rub it in that Carkner got the best of Orr because he wasn't able to play. But it was clear that Colton took the decision when considering all fights.

Both teams are tough. It's good to see.
I wasn't trying to rub it in at all, I was pointing out Carkner's abilities when they were being discredited by Leaf fans. I don't dispute that the Carkner/Orr series is a win for Orr, but just pointing out that the one Carkner win was the most damaging out of all the other fights and I explained why earlier in this thread. I enjoyed those two fighting and they produced some crazy fights because they both have two of the top punches in terms of power in the league. I hope they go again even if Carkner isn't a Senator even more.

Also, agreed on the both teams are tough part. The rivalry has been rather dull the past decade and it's been getting better this season.

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:21 PM
  #82
Erik Alfredsson
Beast Mode Cowboy!
 
Erik Alfredsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Colton has been TKOed, obviously (not sure what your point is in saying you saw him TKOed enough to have a good idea?, sounds childish, but okay) plenty of NHL scraps end in a TKO, meaning the ref (linesman) has stepped in to stop the onslaught

The Carkner fight was a clear KO for Orr; about as clear as you can get. He stopped because Carkner was clearly out. Similar to Orr getting KOed by Engelland.
Or similar to Orr getting knocked out by Carkner


Erik Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
  #83
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
I whipped it out to prove a point that just because a fighter is technical it doesn't make him a coward, or discredit a win if he wins. Cam Janssen does the same thing and has made a career out of it.



Carkner also did the most damage out of all the Carkner/Orr fights, and made Orr a useless non-fighting plug for over a month during round 2 of their fights. I have no problem with any of the Carkner/Orr fights, so thanks for bringing them up! Remember McGrattan TKO'ing Domi? Lol.. yeah, good times.. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.. The Leafs don't dominate as often as you think, Ottawa/Leafs have a history of fights going both ways.. not so sure why that's hard to understand or accept.
Can you point out anywhere in my previous posts where i called neil a coward? So really there is no reason for your to bring up that UFC reference lol, all i said was those wins were wins, but very disappointing fights and i wouldn't really be proud to jump up and say "hey we wont that fight", most people would be like okay they need a rematch because that was disappointing.
Cam Janssen's fights are also all over 1:30 and exciting because hes got a chin and can take bombs and throw them, yes he fights technically but his fights are usually spirited bouts and last forever and are entertaining. So bringing in cam janssen is also very irrelevant because he entertains, while those two fights were not entertaining. Neil (who is a good fighter) and kassian (who also is a good fighter) had ****** wins against orr this year, yes they won but because they know they can fight im sure they would have wanted a better showing, i dont know why you dont want to admit that.

as for orr and carkner... isnt Orr 3-1 (2 being KO's) on carkner? lol orr made carkner his punching bag so i really dont know what your trying to prove.... and yes i am very aware of the leafs and ottawa history but again like your UFC reference (which was horrible) and now your history of leaf vs ottawa fights this was not my argument. You just randomly braught in two examples to try and make yourself sound like you know what your talking about. My argument was that it seems like you enjoy claiming wins to your fighters were the fight is an absolute joke. No dought kassian and neil beat orr, but i can garentee those two fighters are not satisfied with those fights, so why are you?

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:32 PM
  #84
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Can you point out anywhere in my previous posts where i called neil a coward? So really there is no reason for your to bring up that UFC reference lol, all i said was those wins were wins, but very disappointing fights and i wouldn't really be proud to jump up and say "hey we wont that fight", most people would be like okay they need a rematch because that was disappointing.
Cam Janssen's fights are also all over 1:30 and exciting because hes got a chin and can take bombs and throw them, yes he fights technically but his fights are usually spirited bouts and last forever and are entertaining. So bringing in cam janssen is also very irrelevant because he entertains, while those two fights were not entertaining. Neil (who is a good fighter) and kassian (who also is a good fighter) had ****** wins against orr this year, yes they won but because they know they can fight im sure they would have wanted a better showing, i dont know why you dont want to admit that.

as for orr and carkner... isnt Orr 3-1 (2 being KO's) on carkner? lol orr made carkner his punching bag so i really dont know what your trying to prove.... and yes i am very aware of the leafs and ottawa history but again like your UFC reference (which was horrible) and now your history of leaf vs ottawa fights this was not my argument. You just randomly braught in two examples to try and make yourself sound like you know what your talking about. My argument was that it seems like you enjoy claiming wins to your fighters were the fight is an absolute joke. No dought kassian and neil beat orr, but i can garentee those two fighters are not satisfied with those fights, so why are you?
How was the Neil fight disappointing? He out landed Colton Orr 15-3. Was it a great fight? No. But it was a very technical win, which is where the references came in. I'm not pumping that fight but rather mentioning what actually happened to prevent Leaf fans like you from discrediting Chris Neil on what he's actually done. I don't see what the big deal is, Colton Orr is probably the #1 heavyweight in the league, why can't you just admit Orr lost without giving a backhanded acknowledgment that Neil won but the fight sucked or that he hugged it out (Which I might add is hard to do when out throwing the opponent by a 15-3 margin). That's what most Sens fans take issue with. McLaren beat Kassian in a fight during the last game.. See? That wasn't hard, nor did I discredit McLaren in any way..

As for Carkner/Orr.. Did you not read what I said? I acknowledged that Orr has won the series, but that Carkner did the most damage in his one win and I explained why above.


Last edited by H2ODP: 04-01-2013 at 08:41 PM.
H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
  #85
Renner*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
lol the Neil and Orr fight sucked big time. It was 100% a Konopka showing for Neil. Hold tight and jab...it sucked..it was horrible..nothing happened..stop saying 15-3 btw like it was some beat down. It was short little jabs that didnt do a single thing.

Its ridiculous you or anyone else is actually satisfied with that crappy fight.....there is a reason why the only people really commenting in tha thread are leaf fans and sens fan.

because the fight sucked so bad it didnt warrant anyone elses attention.

This should be typical response from any fan
"good job on Neil for hanging in there and actually winning but the fight was pretty terrible and id like to see them actually fight"

Not

"Neil beat the crap out of Orr and he is the sens punching bag"

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:46 PM
  #86
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
How was the Neil fight disappointing? He out landed Colton Orr 15-3. Was it a great fight? No. But it was a very technical win, which is where the references came in. I'm not pumping that fight but rather mentioning what actually happened to prevent Leaf fans like you from discrediting Chris Neil on what he's actually done. I don't see what the big deal is, Colton Orr is probably the #1 heavyweight in the league, why can't you just admit Orr lost without giving a backhanded acknowledgment that Neil won but the fight sucked or that he hugged it out (Which I might add is hard to do when out throwing the opponent by a 15-3 margin). That's what most Sens fans take issue with. McLaren beat Kassian in a fight during the last game.. See? That wasn't hard, nor did I discredit McLaren in any way..

As for Carkner/Orr.. Did you not read what I said? I acknowledged that Orr has won the series, but that Carkner did the most damage in his one win and I explained why above.
okay i see what ur saying i just guess we have two different views on good fights, i like seeing slug fests, not hold on tight throwing cute little uppercuts that dont mean anything to orr. Im not taking anything away from neil i know hes tough as nails and is fighting out of his weightclass, and to be honast him doing what he did is probably a smart thing because you dont want to have a slugfest with orr. I just dont like seeing those fights because as a leaf fan im not really used to them. Mclaren, Orr and fraser all are all or nothing fighters and thats what im used to so when i see a fight like that im like wtf? but no all in all neils a good fighter good on him for droppin them with orr and doing a good job.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
  #87
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
okay i see what ur saying i just guess we have two different views on good fights, i like seeing slug fests, not hold on tight throwing cute little uppercuts that dont mean anything to orr. Im not taking anything away from neil i know hes tough as nails and is fighting out of his weightclass, and to be honast him doing what he did is probably a smart thing because you dont want to have a slugfest with orr. I just dont like seeing those fights because as a leaf fan im not really used to them. Mclaren, Orr and fraser all are all or nothing fighters and thats what im used to so when i see a fight like that im like wtf? but no all in all neils a good fighter good on him for droppin them with orr and doing a good job.
I like the open fights too like Carkner and Orr, but not many people are willing to do it.. They were old school fighters.. Anyway, good post..

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:59 PM
  #88
Sterling31
YNWA - TML
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Alfredsson View Post
Or similar to Orr getting knocked out by Carkner

Didn't look KOed to me.

Rocked is one thing. Stiffened up with no sense of where you are is another thing.





Why are we still fighting about this? This was so last season. The facts are .....Orr clearly got the best of Carkner, but lost one fight rather decisively.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:06 PM
  #89
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
That .gif is insane.. and how Carkner kept playing after his 5 minutes were served and felt good enough to issue a rematch in the same game is beyond me and crazy. Carkner may have been dropped but he was tough as hell. Not many guys can come back the way he does.

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:09 PM
  #90
Sterling31
YNWA - TML
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
That .gif is insane.. And how Carkner kept playing after his 5 minutes were served and felt good enough to issue a rematch in the same game is crazy. Carkner may have been dropped but he was tough as hell.
Oh I agree. Guy is tough as nails; credit where it is due for sure. Never once said he wasn't a tough guy, same can be said for Neil - Who is also a solid bottom 6 hockey player; along with one of the harder guys in the league to fight. (He is game against anyone)

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:17 PM
  #91
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,292
vCash: 500
How did a topic about McLaren vs. Kassian turn into a war about Colton Orr? This is crazy. Kassian got knocked off-balance by the first punch McLaren landed and then McLaren took his back...it's a win for McLaren but it wasn't much of a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Excuses...excuses and more excuses.

This is the blueprint of Sens fans follow after they win or lose to the Leafs:
It's kind of the beauty of this season and massively exceeding expectations. We can enjoy the wins and point out that our team is half-depleted when we lose.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
  #92
240boy
Registered User
 
240boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
this wasnt really a fight. Kassain lost his balance and Mclaren ran away before he could get up. See what happens with the rematch, should be a good tilt.

240boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.