HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Hawks after Frans Nielsen

Old
03-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Islander Prophet

vCash: 500
Have you all seen the price of the market right now for rental players? Doug Murray getting two second round picks and he is UFA at the end of the year! Just try to imagine what you have to pay for Nielsen who is under a good contract for the next 4 years?!?!

It's all about what the price people are willing to pay for these players, not what they are actually worth. So if you want Nielsen, you will have to pay what the market demands, and that right now is really high

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:44 AM
xECK29x

Staple shot down the rumor stating Nielsen isn't being moved

xECK29x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:49 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy* View Post
Thats fine , we'll keep frans, you asked what it would take, we told you
You do understand that, as simply an Isle's fan, it's really not in your hands?

BTW, why did you sign Depietro to that 100 year contract.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:53 AM
HawkeyLife07

I love this idea.

Isles fans, how about this?

McNeill, (J) Hayes, 1st, 4th for Nielsen and a 2nd.

HawkeyLife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Jester9881

People are too quick to give away Frans Neilsen. I just don't understand this fanbase.

Jester9881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Stryker Island

Quote:
id do it for a 1st and Teravanian
That's crazy talk.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
id do it for a 1st and Teravanian

we risk alot losing frans

but we do have Nelson and Strome almost ready and Casey can fill in

chicago would love him in the shootout too hes automatic at them
Of course you would

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Jester9881

The Islanders needs are:

Veteran top six forward
Veteran stay at home defenseman
Veteran backup goaltender

Prospects and picks for integral parts are somewhere between an extension for DiPietro and a hole in the head.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Yashin for President

Love Neilson but I if there is a deal to be made Garth shouldnt be scared. Not saying I dont value Neilson but I wonder what Chicago is offering. We clearly need an injection of offense in this lineup. Why Franz is on the PP blows my mind.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
Love Neilson but I if there is a deal to be made Garth shouldnt be scared. Not saying I dont value Neilson but I wonder what Chicago is offering. We clearly need an injection of offense in this lineup. Why Franz is on the PP blows my mind.
So you trade from a position of excess, or non-roster players. We have plenty of depth defensemen and bottom 6 wingers. If that can't get it done, then trade some of the prospects and picks we've amassed over the past 5 years.

You don't trade away your best two way center, and lynchpin on the PK and shootout. That's just madness, I'm sorry.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:19 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
People are too quick to give away Frans Neilsen. I just don't understand this fanbase.
Because we have idiot fans who are obsessed with physical players.

Btw, Staple said "no chance they trade Nielsen". You can pretty much close this thread.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Nolanitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
With the isles technically tied for 8th and 4 pts out of 7th, who are you sliding into Nielsen's 2nd line center spot?

Bailey who struggled in that spot and looks better on wing?
Boyes who hasn't played center in several yrs?
Young Cizikas who hasn't earned a top 6 role and who's been part of a very strong 4th line?
Reasoner who has 0 goals on the season and is only keeping his roster spot because of his faceoff abilities?
Hmm, Brock Nelson, Anders Lee or Ryan Strome? And Cizikas is a third line center with the horrible Reasoner on the 4th line.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Chapin Landvogt
HFB Partner

If Nielsen could be had - and yes, he'd be an EXCELLENT addition to this very strong Blackhawks roster - Chicago would have to get real creative, because he's still an integral part of an Islander team that is still in the playoff race (one point out of 8th).

I do however think that if the Hawks could coerce Snow into dealing Streit and Nielsen, that this would be a huge, huge haul and go a long way in practically putting the Hawks in the finals. Both would help considerably once there too, as they have extensive experience agains the Penguins.:-)

Whereas Streit is a UFA, he wouldn't be the toughest re-signing should the Hawks feel he's the addition they need. Nielsen is still under contract, and it's a DANDY of a deal. I.e., both these guys could theoretically help the Hawks now AND in the future.

Thus, there'd have to be some serious incentive for Snow to do this.

However, the Hawks do have some nice pieces that can be moved and they don't have to be the top youngsters (i.e. Shaw, Saad or Teravainen).

Now, what could however still make something like this possible, should Snow like what ChiTown offers, is the fact that the farm team is just about out of the playoff race and has 2-3 kids who could help on the Island now, including Streit's one day heir apparent (Matt Donovan) and even the future #2 center who has been Bridgeport's best player (Nelson). In addition, several prospects just saw their junior/NCAA seasons come to end, including Ryan Strome and Anders Lee, both of whom many feel could step into the NHL now (and Lee likely will).

Clearly, none of these players would replace Streit and Nielsen at this point in time, but they may play a role in Snow's decision if Chicago offers up something reallll nice.

Should be interesting to follow...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:39 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanitis View Post
Hmm, Brock Nelson, Anders Lee or Ryan Strome? And Cizikas is a third line center with the horrible Reasoner on the 4th line.
So with 14 games left in a playoff race, where the isles are actually in the race, you want to move Frans and put a rookie with 0 nhl games in his place?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:10 PM
seafoam
The Real Winner

vCash: 50
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1h

Having been asked, I asked a source about Nielsen rumors: "No chance they trade Frans." There you have it. #Isles

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1h

Having been asked, I asked a source about Nielsen rumors: "No chance they trade Frans." There you have it. #Isles
Tim Sassone is not one to lie though

He along with Kuc are usually dependable covering Hawks (Very few in Chicago we can say that about)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:25 PM
seafoam
The Real Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

He along with Kuc are usually dependable covering Hawks (Very few in Chicago we can say that about)
Olsen and Morin would be a terrible return for the Hawks.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Olsen and Morin would be a terrible return for the Hawks.

I am confused

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Sarava

Quote:

I am confused
I'm sure he meant 'from' the Hawks. Oh and I find the 'rumor' to be bs as well.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:35 PM
seafoam
The Real Winner

Quote:

I am confused
I meant Isles.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Nolanitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
So with 14 games left in a playoff race, where the isles are actually in the race, you want to move Frans and put a rookie with 0 nhl games in his place?
Crew, I think the Isles would still have enough to make the playoffs. I think Donovan would be an upgrade as would Nelson in some respects. If the Isles can get a good return now, then they have to consider it. Nelson is here next year (probably for Thursday game when rosters can be expanded) and Strome is not too far off. The Isles will have a logjam at center. To me if the return is higher now, go for it.

The Isles team as constructed right now is not a Cup contender, plain and simple. And tweaks are on their way very soon.

But Isles have to get a prospect and a high pick to make any deal work for Neilsen/Streit deal.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:46 PM
seafoam
The Real Winner

Quote:
Crew, I think the Isles would still have enough to make the playoffs. I think Donovan would be an upgrade as would Nelson in some respects. If the Isles can get a good return now, then they have to consider it. Nelson is here next year (probably for Thursday game when rosters can be expanded) and Strome is not too far off. The Isles will have a logjam at center. To me if the return is higher now, go for it.

The Isles team as constructed right now is not a Cup contender, plain and simple. And tweaks are on their way very soon.

But Isles have to get a prospect and a high pick to make any deal work for Neilsen/Streit deal.
They barely have enough to make the playoffs with Nielsen, what makes you think the Isles can compete for a playoff without their second line center and top penalty killer. And no, Nelson would not be able to replace him. There is a reason Brock is still in Bridgeport.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:49 PM
SI90

Quote:

The Isles keep eveything quite...so if Snow were shopping Frans we wouldnt know about it from our end until a deal actually happend....

Its frustrationg as a fan but its not the worst thing that he keeps everything internal...The Isles dont even give thier writers the correct info somtimes....

Also Snow is usually always willing to listen even if he doesnt pull the trigger....

So while Snow has no plans on Trading Frans it could be true that he has come up in talks between the clubs...

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Jester9881

So your answer is to trade Frans Neilsen? Because we aren't winning the cup now?

You want to replace a known commodity that is young and signed to a terrific contract long term. You want to replace him with an unknown rookie and move Cizikas/REASONER up the depth chart?

All this to add two prospects that wouldn't even likely be in our top 3 in the depth chart (especially regarding Dylan Olsen, who wouldn't even be our 3rd best defensive prospect).

This is not how you build a winning team..... these are moves made when you're still a couple years out from contending. We're in the playoff race right now.... right now.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:

I think putting a rookie in the 2nd line center spot, with 0 nhl experience, puts a lot of pressure on that kid.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote