HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/nyr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 09:10 PM
  #51
KlimasLoveChild
Registered User
 
KlimasLoveChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Toilet of Canada
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
A world where one team needs offense and one team needs defense?
Ok, I agree but you are going to have to throw in a Agostino and a Hankowski

KlimasLoveChild is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:53 PM
  #52
virothepyro
#lydia2012
 
virothepyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,374
vCash: 500
seems like a pretty fair trade, i still think oilers could add Horcoff to it for his leadership as the rangers could use some leadership

virothepyro is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:26 PM
  #53
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,010
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'd rather keep Yakupov, but I think Yakupov would be great for the Rangers. He loves the spotlight.

thadd is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:38 PM
  #54
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
I know that we are weak on dmen but with the prospects we have I think we will be fine in two season. Klefbom is coming up next season and I think he will be a very nice addition. I like having the fwd depth that we have at this point.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:40 PM
  #55
haterbehatin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
seems like a pretty fair trade, i still think oilers could add Horcoff to it for his leadership as the rangers could use some leadership
Oilers add Horcoff and the Rangers add what? It's already a debatable move because Yakupov still has a ton of potential and the Oilers need to wait to see if any of there D prospects are ready to contribute soon. Also contrary to popular opinon on Hf Horcoff actually has value to the Oilers and they're not just going to toss him in for free AND absorb part of his cap hit.

haterbehatin is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:45 PM
  #56
virothepyro
#lydia2012
 
virothepyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
Oilers add Horcoff and the Rangers add what? It's already a debatable move because Yakupov still has a ton of potential and the Oilers need to wait to see if any of there D prospects are ready to contribute soon. Also contrary to popular opinon on Hf Horcoff actually has value to the Oilers and they're not just going to toss him in for free AND absorb part of his cap hit.
likely a pick or prospect, forgot to add that to my post

virothepyro is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:48 PM
  #57
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Ladislav Smid and Tyler Pitlick to NYR for Brady Skjei and Brian Boyle ??

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:51 PM
  #58
haterbehatin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
likely a pick or prospect, forgot to add that to my post
Fair enough I was just a little confused because it sounded like you were approaching it from the Rangers point of view solely and Horcoff would just be a throw in.

The Oilers record is actually much much worse with Horcoff out of the lineup than it is with him, He was a big part of working with Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle when they came into the league and now with Yakupov unless they're planning on buying him out (which I doubt) they're probably not looking to move him unless someone blows their socks off with an offer.

Looking to keep him around for basically the same reason I imagine the rangers could use him for some veteran leadership, faceoffs, penalty killing and general all around 3rd line play.

haterbehatin is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:59 PM
  #59
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Here is an advice.
You keep your potential superstar and we keep our actual star, fair deal?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 12:03 AM
  #60
ZenOil
Russian Pride
 
ZenOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Yakupov Avenue
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Ryan has 11 points. 11 points for a first overall. That's fair.

ZenOil is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 12:31 AM
  #61
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I might get flamed by Rangers fans, but I'll easily take this.

Sure losing McDonagh would suck, but we still have Staal and MDZ on the LH side. Along with Skjei in the pipeline.

To have a potential elite forward on an ELC, this is pretty much impossible for the Rangers and it's never happened for them.

I feel more than confident in the team's ability to develop defenders, but we've never had a prospect like Yakupov, who will likely be a 50g scorer.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 12:36 AM
  #62
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I might get flamed by Rangers fans, but I'll easily take this.

Sure losing McDonagh would suck, but we still have Staal and MDZ on the LH side. Along with Skjei in the pipeline.

To have a potential elite forward on an ELC, this is pretty much impossible for the Rangers and it's never happened for them.

I feel more than confident in the team's ability to develop defenders, but we've never had a prospect like Yakupov, who will likely be a 50g scorer.
The team has no defensive depth, McD is going nowhere soon.
In NY Torts would want to teach Yak how to play defense "hard" first. then he will be sent down to Hartford to learn to play " the right way". Before you know it, Yak would want to bolt to the KHL than play in the Torts gulag.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 12:39 AM
  #63
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The team has no defensive depth, McD is going nowhere soon.
In NY Torts would want to teach Yak how to play defense "hard" first. then he will be sent down to Hartford to learn to play " the right way". Before you know it, Yak would want to bolt to the KHL than play in the Torts gulag.
Torts will play the young guys if they're playing well. If this is referencing to him 'mistreating' Kreider, it's simply not true. At this point in his career, Kreider is barely NHL caliber, hence the benchings. If Yakupov plays up to his billing, he'd have no troubles getting icetime under Torts. Look at Stepan.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 12:39 AM
  #64
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
There are not a lot of 50 goal scorers in the NHL but if Yak averages 35-40 goals I will take that.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 12:40 AM
  #65
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The team has no defensive depth, McD is going nowhere soon.
In NY Torts would want to teach Yak how to play defense "hard" first. then he will be sent down to Hartford to learn to play " the right way". Before you know it, Yak would want to bolt to the KHL than play in the Torts gulag.
Yak has been improving his defensive game all season. He back checks hard, yes he makes mistakes but he is a kid and learning from Horc how to play defense.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 01:29 AM
  #66
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
The only viable trade I see between the 2 teams is Girardi for Hall.
He is our only top2 RD and I am not willing to trade him for anything except Hall.
Won't happen I know, but it's off my chest.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 01:34 AM
  #67
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The only viable trade I see between the 2 teams is Girardi for Hall.
He is our only top2 RD and I am not willing to trade him for anything except Hall.
Won't happen I know, but it's off my chest.
lol.

This is quite an insulting offer for the Oilers. Look at it from their perspective, why would they trade their stud franchise winger who is on pace to shatter 90 points in an 82 game season, despite having a scoring slump? And to trade it for Girardi no less, the most overrated defenseman in the game.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:04 AM
  #68
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
lol.

This is quite an insulting offer for the Oilers. Look at it from their perspective, why would they trade their stud franchise winger who is on pace to shatter 90 points in an 82 game season, despite having a scoring slump? And to trade it for Girardi no less, the most overrated defenseman in the game.
Come on now, he is struggling this year because he is a team player and playing injured.
I may be biased, but I just love Girardi's heart.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:05 AM
  #69
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
lol.

This is quite an insulting offer for the Oilers. Look at it from their perspective, why would they trade their stud franchise winger who is on pace to shatter 90 points in an 82 game season, despite having a scoring slump? And to trade it for Girardi no less, the most overrated defenseman in the game.
WE have been insulted worse but yea deserves a facepalm.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:05 AM
  #70
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
WE have been insulted worse but yea deserves a facepalm.
Come on man, I said I know it won't happen.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:05 AM
  #71
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,571
vCash: 500
Absolutely not.

McDonagh for Eberle would be the core of the only deal I'd want the rangers to make with the oilers.

CM Lundqvist is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:08 AM
  #72
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Come on man, I said I know it won't happen.
Hey it was better than a Bozak Mcarthur i seen a year or 2 ago lurking here

Oiltankjob Fail is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:09 AM
  #73
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Absolutely not.

McDonagh for Eberle would be the core of the only deal I'd want the rangers to make with the oilers.
Yakupov is better than Eberle for the Rangers. He also has much bigger upside and is more complete player.

Eberle = overrated, Yak = severely underrated.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:11 AM
  #74
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Come on now, he is struggling this year because he is a team player and playing injured.
I may be biased, but I just love Girardi's heart.
I like his heart too, but he doesn't have a 1/10th of the value Hall has.

I would trade anyone on the roster for Hall.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:15 AM
  #75
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I like his heart too, but he doesn't have a 1/10th of the value Hall has.

I would trade anyone on the roster for Hall.
Well, not sure I would trade the following 2 players for Hall, Boyle and Pyatt, they are just such offensive dynamo's ....

Kwayry is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.