HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/nyr

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 02:24 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Absolutely not.

McDonagh for Eberle would be the core of the only deal I'd want the rangers to make with the oilers.
You don't watch the Oilers this post is proof. Eberle is no where near the player Hall is or ever will be And Yakupov will overtake Eberle as well as a player. Eberle is good but complimentry scorer.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:58 AM
JayQueensNY88*

vCash: 500
No

You just don't give up top pairing #1 d men like McD and at his age. If you do it costly for the other team

Old
03-31-2013, 08:02 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

McDonagh is worth more than Yakupov. Once Yakupov proves he can score consistently in the NHL, then it would be more of a fair trade

Old
03-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Esa 10

Tortorella is dead set on using Nash as a RW. Cally is the RW on 2nd line. Gaborik has been moved out of his natural position to LW. Do people really want to see Yakupov centered by Brian Boyle for the next couple of years?

Old
03-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
McDonagh is worth more than Yakupov. Once Yakupov proves he can score consistently in the NHL, then it would be more of a fair trade
I feel that if Yakupov can reach his ceiling, you'd need to a whole lot more to McDonagh to pry him away. As of right now, it's approximately equal, maybe a slight edge to McD, but the difference between them wouldn't be a significant player.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:31 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Just what we need.. Another RW.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

We don't even know what we have yet in Yakupov. Why trade him away in his first season?
Plus the Rangers don't even touch this
Proven commodity > unproven commodity

Old
03-31-2013, 10:55 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

No thanks from the Rangers

Old
03-31-2013, 10:59 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
I feel that if Yakupov can reach his ceiling, you'd need to a whole lot more to McDonagh to pry him away. As of right now, it's approximately equal, maybe a slight edge to McD, but the difference between them wouldn't be a significant player.
I'm not saying he needs to score PPG+, but I'd be leery trading my top pairing stud defenseman who is only 23 for a player who hasn't produced more than a 0.5 PPG in the NHL yet

Old
03-31-2013, 11:54 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Yakupov is better than Eberle for the Rangers. He also has much bigger upside and is more complete player.

Eberle = overrated, Yak = severely underrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
You don't watch the Oilers this post is proof. Eberle is no where near the player Hall is or ever will be And Yakupov will overtake Eberle as well as a player. Eberle is good but complimentry scorer.
You're both terribly wrong and the previous threads regarding Oiler/Ranger trades had Eberle labeled as practically a god. Nevermind last season.

Lmfao @ complimentary scorer. I could forget more about hockey than you'll ever know, kid.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:19 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

I actually wouldn't even do that as an Oiler fan. It would definitely make us better in the short term but Yak is just scratching the surface of his potential.

Last edited by 5RingsAndABeer: 03-31-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old
03-31-2013, 12:41 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
I've been thinking long and hard. This deal would be a great one for both teams.

gets:

Ryan McDonagh

gets:

Nail Yakupov
negative.. MCD is way more proven player.. worth more then first yr rookie.. sorry.. gaborik may be available tho...

not really equal trade.. yeah nail may have more potential in the long run but until hes in the rocket richard voting.. Mcd has more value.. proven player top pairing dman, that hasnt even reached his potential and was already in the norris conversation already.. no thanks..

maybe MDZ+ for Nail but not mcd it would have to be a package deal maybe Gagner + Nail

Old
03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Miz

I would think that if they traded McD, it would be for a Duchene type player, #1 center, young, with potential.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Ladislav Smid and Tyler Pitlick to NYR for Brady Skjei and Brian Boyle ??
Not worth the risk for the Oilers, Skjei projects to be a top four dman, Smid already is. And Boyle to Pitlick isnt worth the severe downgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The only viable trade I see between the 2 teams is Girardi for Hall.
He is our only top2 RD and I am not willing to trade him for anything except Hall.
Won't happen I know, but it's off my chest.
This is even worse, just horrible.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
No

You just don't give up top pairing #1 d men like McD and at his age. If you do it costly for the other team
Costly like the most recent 1st overall pick?

Old
03-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
You're both terribly wrong and the previous threads regarding Oiler/Ranger trades had Eberle labeled as practically a god. Nevermind last season.

Lmfao @ complimentary scorer. I could forget more about hockey than you'll ever know, kid.
Hi, the Oilers fans watch almost every game Eberle, Hall, and Yakupov have played. I think it's pretty safe to say almost every one of us are better judges of their abilities than you.

MDZ>>Marc Staal because MDZ is labelled as a god etc and I don't watch them play blahblahblah. I knew more about hockey than you currently do when I was in my mothers womb blahblahblah. That's what you sound like.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:16 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Costly like the most recent 1st overall pick?
absolutely..

Proven commodity and talent over unproven commodity and talent..

Hes already proven to be a legit top pairing dman in the league.. what has nail proved yet... both are still young and very talented but at this current stage in both careers McD would take way more then Nail to get him away from rangers..

As a ranger fan ofcourse we are biased but its sad to see our ranger players always being so undervalued its ridiculous on here..

Old
03-31-2013, 03:19 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Hi, the Oilers fans watch almost every game Eberle, Hall, and Yakupov have played. I think it's pretty safe to say almost every one of us are better judges of their abilities than you.
Just look at every Hall vs Eberle comparison from last year for proof. Hall's "breakout" this year wasn't much of a surprise to most Oiler fans.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

Eberle is not as good as Hall, Yakupov or RNH. It would be a mistake to deal McDonagh for him.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Eberle is not as good as Hall, Yakupov or RNH. It would be a mistake to deal McDonagh for him.
Yak is another RW though.. already have Nash, Gaborik, Callahan. now Hall (LW) or RNH (C) make a ton of sense.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yak is another RW though.. already have Nash, Gaborik, Callahan. now Hall (LW) or RNH (C) make a ton of sense.
Trade Callahan and Gaborik for C and RHD depth.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
I've been thinking long and hard. This deal would be a great one for both teams.

gets:

Ryan McDonagh

gets:

Nail Yakupov
Rangers just dont need another RW (Nash, Callahan, Gaborik), especially not at the expense of our best defenseman (since Staal is hurt at the moment). now Hall or RNH and maybe we'll talk.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Trade Callahan and Gaborik for C and RHD depth.
that would make us worse.. Gaborik's value might not be as high as we think because of his cap hit, and Callahan certainly wont get enough value back because he's worth more to the Rangers than any other team is willing to give up.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Qrispy

I would consider Eberle for McD but not Yakupov. Eberle is the "worst" of the 4 kids. Fans of other teams just don't get that. Also, Yakupov can play both LW and RW but he's better on RW as of now.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:38 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
This would definitely have to happen first. If Gabby fetched a Dman it could open the door for this deal. As an Oil fan I could get down with it. Guess it comes down to what the Rags prefer moving forward - Gabby + McD or Yak + the return for Gabby. For the Rags the Yak scenario comes with less certainty but more cap flexibility.

McD-Schultz could finally be a legit first pair for us.
It might work better for the NYR like this
To the Oilers McD , Gabby and Boyle
to NYR Yak and Horcoff
I am basing this on Gabby having little value and maybe being bought out

Closed Thread