HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edm/nyr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2013, 04:13 PM
  #101
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
 
The Amity Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Hi, the Oilers fans watch almost every game Eberle, Hall, and Yakupov have played. I think it's pretty safe to say almost every one of us are better judges of their abilities than you.

MDZ>>Marc Staal because MDZ is labelled as a god etc and I don't watch them play blahblahblah. I knew more about hockey than you currently do when I was in my mothers womb blahblahblah. That's what you sound like.
Yeah you're all also bi-polar because you had all written hall off as a damage case and Eberle was the savior so instead of inserting your head in the sand and responding to me, why don't you read before you post and realize that I'm calling you guys out on your crap. The last part of your post is garbage that a teenager like you would post and anyone who even bothers to read all of it (I stopped reading after the Staal/MDZ comparison) would be wasting seconds from their life.

Thanks for playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Eberle is not as good as Hall, Yakupov or RNH. It would be a mistake to deal McDonagh for him.
Really? Read the threads on the Oilers board from last season and you'll see otherwise since you go strictly off of word from posters on here according to what you said in the other threads on the Ranger board stating that you don't have center ice.

The Amity Affliction is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
  #102
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
It might work better for the NYR like this
To the Oilers McD , Gabby and Boyle
to NYR Yak and Horcoff
I am basing this on Gabby having little value and maybe being bought out
We'd be adding considerably to that. And I don't think Gabby would have any interest in coming here.

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
  #103
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
ok. fair point. but then, Yakupov isn't exactly lighting it up for the Oilers either.

he's way too raw to make a difference now. and let's face it, the Rags are a 'we want to win now' team.
He's playing with Horcoff and Jones right now...and gets benched every other 3rd period for marginal NHLers who "play defence"


And the rags are borderline 8th place....


but if you want more proven, how about eberle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
seems like a pretty fair trade, i still think oilers could add Horcoff to it for his leadership as the rangers could use some leadership
Need to keep horcoff, Gagner and Nuge are suffocated when hes out of the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The only viable trade I see between the 2 teams is Girardi for Hall.
He is our only top2 RD and I am not willing to trade him for anything except Hall.
Won't happen I know, but it's off my chest.
This is ridiculous, Hall is our best player, he makes every line he's on better, and he's our only top-6 forward with any size.


all this for a guy that fits the age group of our team least well out of your top-4D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Absolutely not.

McDonagh for Eberle would be the core of the only deal I'd want the rangers to make with the oilers.
I'll give either Yakupov/Eberle for McDonaugh. Not Hall/RNH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
McDonagh is worth more than Yakupov. Once Yakupov proves he can score consistently in the NHL, then it would be more of a fair trade
Sooooo Eberle instead?

Koto is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
  #104
oilerbear
Registered User
 
oilerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
wonder if the oilers would add Horcoff and keep some of his caphit to this
Horcoff is healthy and not buried in zone start this year.
Plus all oiler fans who hated now know his worth.
with Horcoff 10-4-5
without 4-9-2

Cause Horc in lineup prevents RNH from facing firsts.
RNH without Horc.
16GM 1G 2A -6
With Horcoff:
15GM 1G 14A +5

As for the trade.

No from both sides.
we wait till
yak is in the 30-35g 30-35A range. In a couple years.

Rangers do not give up centerpiece of top 4 for years to come.

oilerbear is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:47 PM
  #105
oilerbear
Registered User
 
oilerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Rangers just dont need another RW (Nash, Callahan, Gaborik), especially not at the expense of our best defenseman (since Staal is hurt at the moment). now Hall or RNH and maybe we'll talk.

I think mcdonnagh is a top 4 on the rangers.
But our Coach ralph kruger believes in units.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, EV comp
PP: 2 - 4F 1D
PK: 2 - 2F 2D units.


RYANMCDONAGH
comp faced would be 5th on our team.
GA would be third
Zone start would be third.

He would not start on the PP.
Mcdonnagh 2.81P/60
J. Schultz 6.33
Whitmey 4.81
Potter 3.30

His 9.14 PKGA would be the 6th option on our PK.
N. Schultz 3.54
Fistric 4.15
Petry, 4.31
Smid, 4.66
Potter 5.73
He is not even close.

You want to trade A dman who does not have the numbers to play on our
PK or PP
and is bairly top 4 @ Even

for YAK?

Not this year!

oilerbear is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:56 PM
  #106
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar McLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Yeah you're all also bi-polar because you had all written hall off as a damage case and Eberle was the savior so instead of inserting your head in the sand and responding to me, why don't you read before you post and realize that I'm calling you guys out on your crap. The last part of your post is garbage that a teenager like you would post and anyone who even bothers to read all of it (I stopped reading after the Staal/MDZ comparison) would be wasting seconds from their life.

Thanks for playing.



Really? Read the threads on the Oilers board from last season and you'll see otherwise since you go strictly off of word from posters on here according to what you said in the other threads on the Ranger board stating that you don't have center ice.
Umm no, most Oilers fans last season said RNH>Hall>Eberle. This season it's become Hall>RNH>Eberle. Only a select few Seguin lovers on the Oilers boards were complaining about Hall.

Oh, and if you're going to try making snide remarks about others, at least use proper grammar and punctuation.

Don't play again, ever.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:02 PM
  #107
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Yeah you're all also bi-polar because you had all written hall off as a damage case and Eberle was the savior so instead of inserting your head in the sand and responding to me, why don't you read before you post and realize that I'm calling you guys out on your crap. The last part of your post is garbage that a teenager like you would post and anyone who even bothers to read all of it (I stopped reading after the Staal/MDZ comparison) would be wasting seconds from their life.

Thanks for playing.



Really? Read the threads on the Oilers board from last season and you'll see otherwise since you go strictly off of word from posters on here according to what you said in the other threads on the Ranger board stating that you don't have center ice.
You really need to tone down on your posts and stop with the superiority complex.

Check this thread from the Oilers board:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...93&postcount=1

Posters on the Oilers board are frequently saying Hall is the best player and their leader this season.

Also you don't need center ice to catch games. Streaming is your friend.

And finally, Dnicks17, the Oilers mod who watches every single minute had this to say in a trade praising Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
It's s a shame that the majority of people in the east won't get to see him.

The myth of Eberle being our best player is going to continue on the main boards.
Eberle is not close to Hall.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:13 PM
  #108
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
I think mcdonnagh is a top 4 on the rangers.
But our Coach ralph kruger believes in units.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, EV comp
PP: 2 - 4F 1D
PK: 2 - 2F 2D units.


RYANMCDONAGH
comp faced would be 5th on our team.
GA would be third
Zone start would be third.

He would not start on the PP.
Mcdonnagh 2.81P/60
J. Schultz 6.33
Whitmey 4.81
Potter 3.30

His 9.14 PKGA would be the 6th option on our PK.
N. Schultz 3.54
Fistric 4.15
Petry, 4.31
Smid, 4.66
Potter 5.73
He is not even close.

You want to trade A dman who does not have the numbers to play on our
PK or PP
and is bairly top 4 @ Even

for YAK?

Not this year!
You can dissect a players stats as much as you like and convince people the numbers represent the truth. Reality is, in hockey, it doesn't work. Despite the nonsense you just posted, McDonagh would easily be your team's best all-around defense man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am basing this on Gabby having little value and maybe being bought out
Gaborik will never get bought out. Where do you guys come up with this crap is beyond me . . . . .

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:15 PM
  #109
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
 
The Amity Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
You really need to tone down on your posts and stop with the superiority complex.

Check this thread from the Oilers board:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...93&postcount=1

Posters on the Oilers board are frequently saying Hall is the best player and their leader this season.

Also you don't need center ice to catch games. Streaming is your friend.

And finally, Dnicks17, the Oilers mod who watches every single minute had this to say in a trade praising Hall



Eberle is not close to Hall.
Right, because I called you out on not having access to out of market games and going strictly on other posters words instead of actually watching the games, I need to calm down with my "superiority complex". Take your futile attempts at psychoanalysis elsewhere.

And way to read, I specifically said last season. The things you're referring to are from this season.

It'a amazing what one season can do, isn't it? Marian Gaborik went from top sniper to we want you gone. Apparently, Eberle is subject to the same treatment, ironically.

Because HF Boards doesn't have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality at all or nothing.

The Amity Affliction is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:15 PM
  #110
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Bernmeister, is that you? If it was Taylor Hall coming back I'd be more certain, but close enough.

Kris Chreider is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:22 PM
  #111
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Right, because I called you out on not having access to out of market games and going strictly on other posters words instead of actually watching the games, I need to calm down with my "superiority complex". Take your futile attempts at psychoanalysis elsewhere.
Because you're wrong. You're assuming that I don't watch the games when that's false. I absolutely tune into Oilers games since they're my 2nd favorite team. There really is no need for the hollier than thou attitude. Stop assuming things.

Quote:
And way to read, I specifically said last season. The things you're referring to are from this season.
Read my post again, but I'll post it here anyways:

Hall beats Eberle in poll

Hall BEATS Eberle in a poll after the conclusion of the season as the most important player. This was a vote taken on the OILERS board, fans of the team who watch them more than you.

I will take their word and my own viewings over yours. I have come out way more impressed with Hall than Eberle.

Quote:
It'a amazing what one season can do, isn't it? Marian Gaborik went from top sniper to we want you gone. Apparently, Eberle is subject to the same treatment, ironically.
No one is calling either player garbage, Hall has always been better than Eberle.

Quote:
Because HF Boards doesn't have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality at all or nothing.
Considering the poll I posted was from last season, I think you should look through my post again.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:49 PM
  #112
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
 
The Amity Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Because you're wrong. You're assuming that I don't watch the games when that's false. I absolutely tune into Oilers games since they're my 2nd favorite team. There really is no need for the hollier than thou attitude. Stop assuming things.
No, I just know you said you don't have centre ice and don't really watch out of market games. Stop lying and I'll stop with the "holier than thou" attitude.

Quote:
Read my post again, but I'll post it here anyways:

Hall beats Eberle in poll

Hall BEATS Eberle in a poll after the conclusion of the season as the most important player. This was a vote taken on the OILERS board, fans of the team who watch them more than you.

I will take their word and my own viewings over yours. I have come out way more impressed with Hall than Eberle.



No one is calling either player garbage, Hall has always been better than Eberle.



Considering the poll I posted was from last season, I think you should look through my post again.
Most important doesn't mean "better" or has proven more. I'm a fan of both and I'd love to have Hall, however until Hall puts up a season like Eberle did last season, my point remains true.

Gaborik might be the Rangers best player in terms of talent, is he the most important? Absolutely not, Stepan is. Was Jose Theodore the best player in the NHL in 2002? No, Jarome Iginla was, leading the league in goals and points while playing with Craig Conroy.

The Amity Affliction is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
  #113
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ
 
EastonBlues22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,322
vCash: 500
Thread has turned into an OT conversation barely straining the bounds of civility.

EastonBlues22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.