HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Clowe could be dealt soon

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 12:37 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
The issue (at least from my perspective is) that if Clowe isn't going to get healthy in the next 4 weeks, his value is about zero. Sure, if Clowe was healthy and producing like he did historically, he's the type of guy (physical) whose value is even higher at the trade deadline. But that's not the case AFAIK. Whatever his physical issue is, it's keeping him from being effective. I doubt that a GM would gamble the "normal" return for a trade-deadline rental of a player of this caliber based on how Clowe is currently playing without some sort of physical and medical diagnosis.
Supposedly he will be back in the line up next game and 100%. We'll see. As I said, he scores a goal or two and all will be forgiven.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Close19

vCash: 500
Clowe won't fetch more than a 2nd at best! I wouldn't want the Bruins to give anything more than a 3rd on him. He has hit the end of the road and these days, a veteran presense alone isn't worth a 1st.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close19 View Post
Clowe won't fetch more than a 2nd at best! I wouldn't want the Bruins to give anything more than a 3rd on him. He has hit the end of the road and these days, a veteran presense alone isn't worth a 1st.
Douglas Murray just got TWO seconds, and he's almost totally useless. That's just incorrect.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:10 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Can't believe how horrible he's doing. He is one of my favorite players in the NHL. At this point I don't think anyone will give up anything more than a 2nd rounder and maybe a b level prospect..

Old
03-26-2013, 02:15 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
A 2nd? Wishful thinking from suitors.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by allworldcaucasn View Post
A 2nd? Wishful thinking from suitors.
Clowe last season would have gotten you 1st + very good prospect.
This season before the injury, maybe a first.
With the shoulder injury hanging over his head, a 2nd.
The concern is he has been struggling because he was playing injured and he wants to play through it because it is a walk year.
Until he can prove he can play healthy and produce, don't expect any great returns. He does nobody no good continuing to play injured.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:36 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Clowe last season would have gotten you 1st + very good prospect.
This season before the injury, maybe a first.
With the shoulder injury hanging over his head, a 2nd.
The concern is he has been struggling because he was playing injured and he wants to play through it because it is a walk year.
Until he can prove he can play healthy and produce, don't expect any great returns. He does nobody no good continuing to play injured.
Just more wishful thinking.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:47 PM
JoeThorntonsRooster
#FireDougWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
A 2nd at most. I get that this year doesn't tell the whole story, but for a UFA rental, it says something.
Douglas Murray has been a much worse player, was scratched healthy once (and every Shark fan and their mothers wished it was much closer to every game), is a pending UFA, 3 years older, and returned two second round picks.

Clowe is getting a first if he is traded.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Just more wishful thinking.
I think you are the one doing most of the wishful thinking.
You want GM's to ignore his struggles and his injury, which are real.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:56 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Funny thing about these boards. Either a player's value is vastly overrated or completely underrated as far as trades go. Rarely are posters able to accurately judge what the actual value is, yet most people are very confident in their opinions. lol.

Clowe strikes me as a guy with some pretty decent value, being traded at a time when player values tend to return more than they generally do. Personally, I would guess he'll return a later first round pick and some kind of prospect. Teams always like size and toughness for the playoffs.

If he's not healthy, then I doubt he'll get traded.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Quote:
The problem with these boards especially when it comes to trade values, is that is fans like yourself say things, repeat them, and then believe them, when they have no basis in reality.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
Funny thing about these boards. Either a player's value is vastly overrated or completely underrated as far as trades go. Rarely are posters able to accurately judge what the actual value is, yet most people are very confident in their opinions. lol.

Clowe strikes me as a guy with some pretty decent value, being traded at a time when player values tend to return more than they generally do. Personally, I would guess he'll return a later first round pick and some kind of prospect. Teams always like size and toughness for the playoffs.

We only have opinions on value. Value is set by the market. Whatever is returned for Clowe is his value.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
The problem with these boards especially when it comes to trade values, is that is fans like yourself say things, repeat them, and then believe them, when they have no basis in reality.
Which things have no basis in reality? He is not struggling or he is not injured or neither?

Old
03-26-2013, 05:05 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Nevermind, lol. I'll agree to disagree.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:10 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
We only have opinions on value. Value is set by the market. Whatever is returned for Clowe is his value.
Exactly. The fact is there are always so many variables to contend with that make it incredibly difficult to gauge accurately what a player will return. My comment was directed at posters who are so unequivocal with their pronouncements. The fact that they're almost always incorrect doesn't seem to impact their behavior what so ever.

Not suggesting people shouldn't discuss possible trades and the like, I just don't understand people being so definite when history provides such obvious examples of the contrary taking place.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:12 PM
vanwest

Quote:

Agreed. GM's look at Clowe and see a big body who has struggled but who could help out in the playoffs when size becomes even more important. The only real issue will be his health. If he's healthy then given the large number of teams looking for a player like him he will garner a very good return. Posters were shocked at the return for Morrow and Murray. They likely will be shocked at the return for Clowe as well, if he moves.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:14 PM
bernmeister

Clowe has his plusses -- heart, strength, etc.
and weaknesses --- too slow, possible injury hangover.

It is only worth to take his salary on if it is a team that can gamble he can give a boost for the playoffs. Even then, only at certain price.

Instead of one medium asset, think one lower medium pick and player from Boston. Don't see others a match.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Fistfullofbeer
#FREEHEED #FREERYAN

vCash: 1100
Quote:

What he said. With how close the race for the playoffs is .. someone will give us a 1st round pick and a prospect. Some may call that overpayment but its market value.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:29 PM
frieswithbenefits

To all the Bruins' fans trying undervalue Clowe, look at what other players have been traded for,

Douglas Murray for 2013 2nd rounder and 2014 2nd/3rd rounder.
Brenden Morrow for Joe Morrow (great prospect)

Clowe will easily fetch a first rounder and mid level prospect if not more.
It's a sellers market.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:02 PM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
A first + Tanner Glass.

The Pens have a new strategy. Take the lead in the 1st period and then beat up the other team. The Pens will start winning games 1-0 or 2-0 (maybe 2-1).
The new Pens first game result (1-0).

The Pens still need Clowe to help with the toughness,
so what do you say a 1st + Glass for Clowe?

Old
03-26-2013, 09:08 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Not sure if you're describing Clowe, Morrow or Murray.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Habsterix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
A 2nd at most. I get that this year doesn't tell the whole story, but for a UFA rental, it says something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close19 View Post
In all due respect, you're thinking equitable trade value instead of trade deadline value. Huge difference here. Just look at what Pittsburgh paid for their two acquisitions...

Old
03-26-2013, 09:23 PM
JesusBouillon

As a Habs fan I'd be interested in Clowe, but if the hinted price is accurate (first round pick+) then I hope we stay the **** away.

9 assists and no goals do not command even close to that price.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:24 PM
David71

2nd round pick+roster player/prospect at least.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:27 PM
BaileyMacTavish
I cast Magic Missile

Send a message via AIM to BaileyMacTavish Send a message via MSN to BaileyMacTavish Send a message via Skype™ to BaileyMacTavish
At the deadline? Clowe is getting at least a first.

Players like that are hard to come by and should not be lost or given away for free.

Closed Thread