HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2013, 03:31 PM
  #202
DougiesGoingDeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
It puts more pressure on him to make a move. If Crosby is out for an extended period of time which includes the playoffs, it means the Bruins' chances just went up far.

In 2011 Crosby was out for the playoffs and Tampa Bay knocked off Pittsburgh. If a repeat scenario could happen in 2013, Chiarelli needs to load up.
I agree with this, but i dont think we need to overpay for Clowe. Chia needs to get creative, giving up a 1st and koko (or similar) for Clowe would just be lazy on his part IMO, go after a Jaime McGinn type if he could be had fairly cheap

DougiesGoingDeep is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:36 PM
  #203
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
^^^^^^^^^^ what he says^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed.

With any luck, Spooner or Knight turn into Peverley. That is the reality of most of our prospects with Hamilton and Subban being possible top end players.

For every time that someone says player x is doing great in the AHL, WHL or OHL their are 2-3 other players in EACH 30 teams prospect pools that their fans are saying the same thing. We only focus on the ones in front of us but every other team has these potential 3rd line players and as soon as they reach their potential of where they were slotted to be, we lose interest (Sobotka anyone?) and they are now assets to be traded.

Coach Parker is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
  #204
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
to BOS:

F Freddie Hamilton
F Ryane Clowe

to SJ:

F Alexander Khokhlachev
F Jordan Caron
D Matt Bartowski
2013 1st Round Pick

It would be interesting to see who is ranked higher by scouts and HF, Hamilton or Khokhlachev considering they are both high end prospects for their respective teams.

Wilson gets his package + for Clowe and Boston gets Hamilton in exchange for Khokhlachev. I also believe it is in the best interests to move Khokhlachev now that you have made intentions clear to him that he is an asset they will move. Freddie for Khokhlachev is a lateral move in any other case but you pay a little extra on the Clowe side of the deal to make it worthwhile for Wilson.
Hamilton for Khokhlachev is a fair step backwards prospects wise to me. Hamilton lacks real offensive talent in my viewings, scrappy good all around guy but I'm not sold on the offensive upside. 21 points in 65 games in the AHL this year kind of leads me to believe I'm on to something.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:39 PM
  #205
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Hamilton for Khokhlachev is a fair step backwards prospects wise to me. Hamilton lacks real offensive talent in my viewings, scrappy good all around guy but I'm not sold on the offensive upside. 21 points in 65 games in the AHL this year kind of leads me to believe I'm on to something.
You could very well be but his numbers in the OHL match up against Khokhlachev's at the same age correct?

You could remove both prospects from that deal and still get the Clowe deal done as the Sharks would replace Clowe with Caron in the same position. We are adding because Clowe is a career 20 goal scorer who brings a physical element to the game over Caron but they would like the potential of Caron.

Coach Parker is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:42 PM
  #206
Chris21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Vanek (unlikely) and Clowe would be awesome.

I agree w those saying since Crosby might be out that opens things up for us

Chris21 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:45 PM
  #207
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,501
vCash: 500
I would rather keep Koko than trade him for Hamilton and Clowe.

I would rather give them Caron and maybe another prospect not named Spooner.

At this point I am not real sure I care who they trade for as long as they focus on fixing the 3rd line (and a defenseman and another right winger who could complement Krejci would be nice-but we can survive without the right winger and maybe the defenseman-the black hole 3rd line has to be fixed).

TCL40 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
  #208
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,024
vCash: 500
And the Yandle talk heats up again. Three more years at 5.25 million but I love the idea of Seidenberg - Chara and then Yandle - Hamilton. That powerplay and transition game would be pushed up a notch. Clowe, Yandle and Soderberg to Boston may even trump the Penguins moves.

1. Yandle
2. Iginla
3. Morrow
4. Clowe
5. Soderberg
6. Murray

...is how I would rank the 1-6 of those players. Problem is, Shero has already made his three moves happen while the Bruins are still trying to pull off one of these three moves.

Coach Parker is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:53 PM
  #209
EastCoastNiner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
And the Yandle talk heats up again. Three more years at 5.25 million but I love the idea of Seidenberg - Chara and then Yandle - Hamilton. That powerplay and transition game would be pushed up a notch. Clowe, Yandle and Soderberg to Boston may even trump the Penguins moves.

1. Yandle
2. Iginla
3. Morrow
4. Clowe
5. Soderberg
6. Murray

...is how I would rank the 1-6 of those players. Problem is, Shero has already made his three moves happen while the Bruins are still trying to pull off one of these three moves.
That's all nice and dandy getting Clowe and Yandle, but the Bruins don't have the pieces that are probably needed to get them without giving up at least one roster player.

EastCoastNiner is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:00 PM
  #210
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
That's all nice and dandy getting Clowe and Yandle, but the Bruins don't have the pieces that are probably needed to get them without giving up at least one roster player.
Yes, and I think Peverley is the odd man out if Soderberg is coming over and Kelly is coming back. His 3.25 million also needs to be off the books for next season. I really don't mind a roster change if it means the team starts to play with some passion on a consistent level.

Coach Parker is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:01 PM
  #211
BruinsPortugal
Registered User
 
BruinsPortugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Portugal
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Boychuk + for Yandle.

BruinsPortugal is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:03 PM
  #212
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...
 
Baddkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Midland TX
Country: United States
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Yes, and I think Peverley is the odd man out if Soderberg is coming over and Kelly is coming back. His 3.25 million also needs to be off the books for next season. I really don't mind a roster change if it means the team starts to play with some passion on a consistent level.
Some semblance of roster turnover needs to occur. This one wreaks of stale...

Pevereley and Ferrence are where I would start...

__________________
Baddkarma is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
  #213
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougiesGoingDeep View Post
I agree with this, but i dont think we need to overpay for Clowe. Chia needs to get creative, giving up a 1st and koko (or similar) for Clowe would just be lazy on his part IMO, go after a Jaime McGinn type if he could be had fairly cheap
But you aren't going to get Jamie McGinn, and you aren't going to get him for cheap. He's fairly young, fairly affordable and the kind of guy a bad Coloardo team wants to keep. If you want someone from the Avs look at older more expensive players.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
  #214
redbeard7737
Registered User
 
redbeard7737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Only way phoenix moves yandle is for a number 1 center.

redbeard7737 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:13 PM
  #215
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
Boychuk + for Yandle.
Phoenix counters with Schlemko+ for Lucic

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
  #216
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong
 
Topshelf8188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Phoenix counters with Schlemko+ for Lucic
Chia hangs up.

Topshelf8188 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
  #217
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 22,869
vCash: 500
Realistically, what would it take to get Chris Stewart from St. Louis.

They will not be able to resign everybody this offseason. They can probably get more for him now than they would in the offseason.

Koko, Spooner, and a 1st? More, less?

Don't forget to factor in what you'd need to give him for a new contract too.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:16 PM
  #218
redbeard7737
Registered User
 
redbeard7737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Phoenix counters with Schlemko+ for Lucic
Hahaa exactly...people need to stop offering crap for other teams best players

redbeard7737 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:16 PM
  #219
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Yes, and I think Peverley is the odd man out if Soderberg is coming over and Kelly is coming back. His 3.25 million also needs to be off the books for next season. I really don't mind a roster change if it means the team starts to play with some passion on a consistent level.
Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
Clowe - Soderberg - Kelly
Merlot

Chara - Seidenberg
Yandle - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid
Johnson
???

Something along THOSE lines? What are we giving up for Yandle?

THIS is the best lineup I've seen as a suggestion so far.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:17 PM
  #220
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
Chia hangs up.
Of course, but do you think Phoenix would answer a call offering Boychuk for Yandle?

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:18 PM
  #221
Eennad142
Registered User
 
Eennad142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles8 View Post
Wait until Clowe is skating in a Montreal jersey pounding us and then watch this board
implode with everyone blaming Chiarelli for not paying up to get him .
I still don't understand this places stranglehold on every kid we've got
in the minors or juniors and how they're all untouchable going way back to
Karsums !!
Clowe is going to find the net again soon and bangs every shift . I say put him in
a bruins uniform yesterday
Clowe won't be pounding on anyone he can't catch, which accounts for 90% of players on ice. The seller will attempt to convice that the '13 Clowe jalopy is really a Cadillac in disguise; after the purchase, the seller doesn't care what it's called. Clowe Zero would be a panic move by the GM; if he makes it, close down the final curtain on the season. After observing the lackluster performance of almost every veteran on the team this past month, sans Bergeron, it would be quite understandable to hold onto the bulk of the next generation of talent, who could be here sooner than we expect.

Eennad142 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:19 PM
  #222
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Realistically, what would it take to get Chris Stewart from St. Louis.

They will not be able to resign everybody this offseason. They can probably get more for him now than they would in the offseason.

Koko, Spooner, and a 1st? More, less?

Don't forget to factor in what you'd need to give him for a new contract too.
No chance they move him, but if they were Krejci would have to be the main piece.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
  #223
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong
 
Topshelf8188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Of course, but do you think Phoenix would answer a call offering Boychuk for Yandle?
Nope haha. Not at all.

Topshelf8188 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:24 PM
  #224
AlpineLager
Registered User
 
AlpineLager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
Clowe - Soderberg - Kelly
Merlot

Chara - Seidenberg
Yandle - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid
Johnson
???

Something along THOSE lines? What are we giving up for Yandle?
THIS is the best lineup I've seen as a suggestion so far.
I really want to see Seguin and Horton swap spots. Lucic and horton are slugs lately. Balance the lines. Seguin may pot a few more too with Krejci feeding him

AlpineLager is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
  #225
BruinsPortugal
Registered User
 
BruinsPortugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Portugal
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Phoenix counters with Schlemko+ for Lucic
Who's the plus? Larsson?

BruinsPortugal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.