HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part VI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 03:16 PM
  #251
NEWFowler
hi
 
NEWFowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,205
vCash: 500
Roy is extremely overrated and very soft. Glad we passed on him.

NEWFowler is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
  #252
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
I am fine with BM doing nothing.

Top targets have all went to the east, only one can make the finals and thers always a good chance that a team can get ousted.

LA/Van are only teams really to get better in competition with Anaheim, and they are adding to get onto the same level that Ana/Chi is playing. Chicago has only gotten Handzus so far.

Not sure why people think this is the year for Anaheim, they have a window alot larger then these other teams that are buying players.

In terms of space available alot of teams are going this year before having to sell

Pittsburgh - Malkin, Kunitz, Sutter, Dupuis, Orpik, Letang, Fleury all in next couple years including any of the players recently picked up

Chicago - Kane, Toews, Emery, Crawford, Leddy, Saad

LA - Penner, Brown, Richardson, Regerh, Scuderi, Greene, Voynov, Martinez, Ellerby, Muzzin ect. They only have 1 defence signed past next year.

Vancouver have to worry about the Sedins becoming UFA and some prospects.

Anaheim's player they have to worry about is Ryan, who may not even be here contract time. The window for this team is a few years, they don't have to take a rush at it this year.

douglast5 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
  #253
Kalv
GDT record: 8-3-1
 
Kalv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 13,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
derek morris anyone?
Oh yes!

Despite his size (6`0), he`s very physical, blacks shots, plays good on PK and can also play some PP time. Right handed shot.

I looked up and he`s averaging 21:31 this season. He now have 10 assists in 30 games.
I`d figure he`d be a very nice fit with Cam.

But he`s signed through next year for 2.75M. I have hard time believing Bob will go after him.

Kalv is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
  #254
Montournado
Ultimate Troll
 
Montournado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
Roy is extremely overrated and very soft. Glad we passed on him.
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Oh yes!

Despite his size (6`0), he`s very physical, blacks shots, plays good on PK and can also play some PP time. Right handed shot.

I looked up and he`s averaging 21:31 this season. He now have 10 assists in 30 games.
I`d figure he`d be a very nice fit with Cam.

But he`s signed through next year for 2.75M. I have hard time believing Bob will go after him.
I'd love Morris but I don't think Phoenix will give us fair value

Montournado is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:23 PM
  #255
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Yeah because GMs just love trading their good players to division rivals they hav to play two more times this week. Niewendyke wasn't about to do us any favors. Plus I'd rather have Holland in that spot. Roy is declining and I don't him as much of an upgrade.

I don't there's a realistic option out there whom will be beter than Holland or Bonino if he ever gets healthy. Over the summer this is an issue that needs to be addressed but there's no fire to put out right now.
Lol please be joking. Roy is a huge upgrade over anyone on our team for the 2C position. Holland is not ready yet, and Bonino is a bottom six center

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
  #256
mighty all the way
Registered User
 
mighty all the way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 758
I think we should trade Selanne to a contender

Surprised we haven't seen this yet.

mighty all the way is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
  #257
Lord Flashheart
Moderator
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 8,076
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
I think we should trade Selanne to a contender

Surprised we haven't seen this yet.
Werd!

Lord Flashheart is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:29 PM
  #258
Fallenity
Registered User
 
Fallenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
I don't see us getting a #2C, unless BM seriously throws the barstool and gets us Ribeiro. But I don't mind, while I'd of course want some upgrade over Holland / Bonino, I like to think that part of being a serious contender is having your prospects step up. We have to start trusting them sooner or later.

Fallenity is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:39 PM
  #259
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
I don't see us getting a #2C, unless BM seriously throws the barstool and gets us Ribeiro. But I don't mind, while I'd of course want some upgrade over Holland / Bonino, I like to think that part of being a serious contender is having your prospects step up. We have to start trusting them sooner or later.
Yea and even then a upgrade might not work.. Despite that one blip what the Ducks have now is working.

You could bring in a 2c, but theres no guarantee their will be chemistry and it could end up worse.

Take Pittsburgh for example, its a stacked lineup with big name players, but bringing in the old guys knocked some young guys out of the lineup. They may not have the same chemistry as others, older bodies can get banged up and tired. You risk disrupting your team by changing to much this late.

Let the kids fight this year, show everyone what they are made of, then when some of these rentals go UFA or other trades open up make a move when the players have all year to gel with the team, rather then 12 games. For all you know by next year you might be glad BM didn't get a 2c because Holland/Bonino could have really stepped up.

douglast5 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:49 PM
  #260
rollingdux
Registered User
 
rollingdux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
I think we should trade Selanne to a contender

Surprised we haven't seen this yet.
Selanne does not approve.



Just wanted to use that.

rollingdux is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:52 PM
  #261
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Just look at this and take from it what you will.

Roy: 30 games 4+18 =22, +3 46.7 FO%, 15 hits, 26 block shots (2nd line)
Holland: 19 games 3+1 =4, +4 44.4 FO% 15 hits, 7 block shots (Split 2nd/4th line)
Bonino: 23 games 5+5=10, -5 46.7 FO% 10 hits, 36 block shots (2nd line)

Mind you Bonino and Holland both centered a second line where the wingers played like duds. Recently its gotten a bit better.

Roy can bring a bit more offense but if Ryan/Selanne played the same way as with Bonino/Holland I don't see any change. Faceoff % is close between the 3, 2 of them are cheaper, younger and will be here longer.

Bonino matches pretty close to him in every category, with less games played. Roy has more points, but if Ryan and Selanne played properly would Bonino have more points the Roy as well.

douglast5 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:54 PM
  #262
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
Just look at this and take from it what you will.

Roy: 30 games 4+18 =22, +3 46.7 FO%, 15 hits, 26 block shots (2nd line)
Holland: 19 games 3+1 =4, +4 44.4 FO% 15 hits, 7 block shots (Split 2nd/4th line)
Bonino: 23 games 5+5=10, -5 46.7 FO% 10 hits, 36 block shots (2nd line)

Mind you Bonino and Holland both centered a second line where the wingers played like duds. Recently its gotten a bit better.

Roy can bring a bit more offense but if Ryan/Selanne played the same way as with Bonino/Holland I don't see any change. Faceoff % is close between the 3, 2 of them are cheaper, younger and will be here longer.

Bonino matches pretty close to him in every category, with less games played. Roy has more points, but if Ryan and Selanne played properly would Bonino have more points the Roy as well.
Again, you're ignoring that most of Bonino's offense/success has come from playing on the 4th line. He was pretty bad when he played on the 2nd line with Ryan and Selanne. He is not a top 6 center.

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 04:02 PM
  #263
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Again, you're ignoring that most of Bonino's offense/success has come from playing on the 4th line. He was pretty bad when he played on the 2nd line with Ryan and Selanne. He is not a top 6 center.
Yes, but Ryan and Selanne were pretty bad.

The second line looked really good the other night with Etem/Holland/Palms

Stick anyone between Ryan and Selanne and they are going to look bad. Got inconsistent and unable to skate on one side, old, no fight and no energy on the other side.

It was a line destined to fail.

douglast5 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 04:07 PM
  #264
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
I think we should trade Selanne to a contender

Surprised we haven't seen this yet.
Not sure if serious but we are a contender.

JabbaJabba is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 04:10 PM
  #265
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Lol please be joking. Roy is a huge upgrade over anyone on our team for the 2C position. Holland is not ready yet, and Bonino is a bottom six center
I've watched a lot of hockey this season and every time I caught a Stars game Roy was invisible. He's numbers have been steadily declining and he's small.

I've harped on Holland quite a bit but if he couldn't hack it he wouldn't be here. I'm comfortable with his defensive game and he moves the puck well. Once he stops thinking so much in the offensive zone he'll be solid. Bonino was our power play's secret weapon and it's no coincidence it has dried up since he's been out. That's probably a moot point since he has the plague or has been shot or whatever the hell it is that's keeping him out.

But it just goes back to looking at the reality of the situation: We're 24-7-4. That means we've won over three times as many games as we've lost in regulation. With this roster. I don't know why people feel like we NEED to make an improvement. I mean if somehow a Mike Fisher or Derek Stepan landing in our laps then yeah that's great. But we don't need to give up valuable assets to fix areas that don't need fixing.

TheJoeMan is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 04:43 PM
  #266
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 500
Wouldn't mind us getting Streit and pairing him up with Sbisa. Perhaps that could elevate Luca's play. Streit is (was?) also a great asset on the PP. Wonder what we'd have to give up? Give back Isles their 2nd round pick?

quentez is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
  #267
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X
 
The Mighty Duck Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,937
vCash: 500
On one hand, I don't think we're like a Pittsburgh or Vancouver and are in any apparent need to go all-in. We have our core locked up long-term, have some very up and coming young players, and cap shouldn't be an issue like it is for other teams. A lot of people liken this year to 06-07, with the great start and elite record, but it feels a lot more like the end of 05-06 to me, where we were a good team that came together but it just wasn't our time yet. Obviously we added a big piece to push us over the top, but our young players blossoming was a big factor too, and that's exactly what happened. Give it a year and I think we'll see guys like Palmieri, Etem and Holland establish themselves as very good players.

On the other hand, with our prospect pool and young players, we've got some very good assets that we can afford to give up, even for rental players. Getzlaf and Perry are locked up for 8 more years, and there's a plethora of talented players to compliment them. Sure, some won't pan out, but some certainly will. If we didn't pick in this first round this year, it wouldn't devastate us, especially since it should be pretty low and that Islanders second pick shouldn't be too long after it. Whether it's for a rental now or maybe in a big deal at the draft to bring in a big need, I'd be all for trading it if it helps the team.

Either way, I won't be choked. If we don't add a center, meh. There isn't much of a market as a buyer, and Holland is starting to play pretty decently. If we do, cool, as long as it isn't at some ridiculous price. Going to be an interesting 24 hours or so, that's for sure.

The Mighty Duck Man is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 05:07 PM
  #268
Ducksgo*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
Just look at this and take from it what you will.

Roy: 30 games 4+18 =22, +3 46.7 FO%, 15 hits, 26 block shots (2nd line)
Holland: 19 games 3+1 =4, +4 44.4 FO% 15 hits, 7 block shots (Split 2nd/4th line)
Bonino: 23 games 5+5=10, -5 46.7 FO% 10 hits, 36 block shots (2nd line)

Mind you Bonino and Holland both centered a second line where the wingers played like duds. Recently its gotten a bit better.

Roy can bring a bit more offense but if Ryan/Selanne played the same way as with Bonino/Holland I don't see any change. Faceoff % is close between the 3, 2 of them are cheaper, younger and will be here longer.

Bonino matches pretty close to him in every category, with less games played. Roy has more points, but if Ryan and Selanne played properly would Bonino have more points the Roy as well.
Also Roy has 11 more games, almost half more games than Holland.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
  #269
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Im surprised more HF posters don't have key roles in NHL teams. Considering so well many people can see the future.


Point being, you can't tell me Roy will be 100% improvement for this team, on what base. Will he work under BB systems, will he gel with linemates. Was BM trying for Roy, could he have offered more or did Dallas not want to aid a division rival in a current 3 game stand.

The only thing that is certain is this line up is 24-7-5.

The lineup if Roy was in it is 0-0-0. How do you know how the team would be with a different player.

douglast5 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
  #270
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 19,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
Im surprised more HF posters don't have key roles in NHL teams. Considering so well many people can see the future.


Point being, you can't tell me Roy will be 100% improvement for this team, on what base. Will he work under BB systems, will he gel with linemates. Was BM trying for Roy, could he have offered more or did Dallas not want to aid a division rival in a current 3 game stand.

The only thing that is certain is this line up is 24-7-5.

The lineup if Roy was in it is 0-0-0. How do you know how the team would be with a different player.
Well, while I'm all for acknowledging chemistry and those factors and not lending oneself to the idea of absolute certainties about such moves... I think that's going a bit far. There's no guarantees anywhere in life, but I do think Roy is established enough as a player to give him every benefit of the doubt to be able to improve this team.

However, I also believe that we don't have a late second round pick and a defenseman similar to Connauton to just match the Canucks' acquiration price. It's anyone's guess who they would have taken instead. But I'm not shocked or devastated Roy ended up elsewhere.

Vipers31 is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 05:41 PM
  #271
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Well, while I'm all for acknowledging chemistry and those factors and not lending oneself to the idea of absolute certainties about such moves... I think that's going a bit far. There's no guarantees anywhere in life, but I do think Roy is established enough as a player to give him every benefit of the doubt to be able to improve this team.

However, I also believe that we don't have a late second round pick and a defenseman similar to Connauton to just match the Canucks' acquiration price. It's anyone's guess who they would have taken instead. But I'm not shocked or devastated Roy ended up elsewhere.
Look at Selanne, just doesn't fit really well on this team, doesn't mean he is a bad player though. The slight change from last year to this year has him being nonexistant for many games. So Roy will never be known if it would have helped or hurt, thus the non trade to me is neutral.

I just find it unrealistic for people to say what will happen despite having no games to base it on. If he tanks with canucks people are going to say BM was a genuis not to get him.

douglast5 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 05:43 PM
  #272
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,526
vCash: 500
Clowe to the Rags... I (and I'm sure Bob) wasn't interested though.

Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 05:46 PM
  #273
Kalv
GDT record: 8-3-1
 
Kalv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 13,656
vCash: 500
I`d take Clowe. Not sure if for that price though
3d + 6th/7th would be (my) ceiling for him

Kalv is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 05:55 PM
  #274
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 19,034
vCash: 500
Well, we'd obviously have to have paid more for San Jose to consider trading him to their rival. And who knows whether he would have waived his NTC for us with NY in the mix.

Vipers31 is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 05:56 PM
  #275
Static
Registered User
 
Static's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 23,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Clowe has been awful this year.


Can't see Bob doing anything more than minor depth moves today or tomorrow. Seems to be a definite seller's market.

Static is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.