HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part VI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2013, 10:14 AM
  #551
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,398
vCash: 500
So...Bobby Ryan has 0 points in his last 7.

Ryan's on a 51 point pace, and Palmieri is at 36 points. And he's been playing at least half of his season on the 4th line and over four minutes less TOI/g.

quentez is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:30 AM
  #552
agent082
Registered User
 
agent082's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 500
I hope they send Vatanen down so he can help Admirals achieving playoffs.

agent082 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:53 AM
  #553
2faded
Registered User
 
2faded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,787
vCash: 500
I think we switched up the lineup too much. Put Maroon, Holland, and Bonino Back in the lineup. Bonino is responsible defensively on the 2nd line but he produced way more on the 4th line iirc.

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Holland - Selanne
Cogs - Koivu - Winnik
Etem - Bonino - Beleskey/Maroon/Dvorak

2faded is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:36 PM
  #554
Boogernaut
Castleton Snob
 
Boogernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Castleton
Posts: 17,740
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
So...Bobby Ryan has 0 points in his last 7.
And 2+5=7 in his last 20. Twenty.

Boogernaut is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:52 PM
  #555
Ducksgo*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
And 2+5=7 in his last 20. Twenty.
Wondering what we can get for him and Sbisa at the draft. Looking at our first as well. Hopefully Murray will go shopping.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:04 PM
  #556
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,623
vCash: 500
I wouldnt mind trying to move up to a top 10 pick in the draft. Id love to get nurse or zadorov for our D-core.

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:26 PM
  #557
mightyquack
Moderator
Boll 2 hit superstar
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I wouldnt mind trying to move up to a top 10 pick in the draft. Id love to get nurse or zadorov for our D-core.
Good luck trying to get top 10 with a pick that's a late 1st rounder.

mightyquack is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:26 PM
  #558
Ducksgo*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I wouldnt mind trying to move up to a top 10 pick in the draft. Id love to get nurse or zadorov for our D-core.
What would it take? Ryan Sbisa and our first? That seems like a top 5 move in my mind. What do you think a top 10 move would take?

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:26 PM
  #559
Lord Flashheart
Moderator
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 8,110
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
And 2+5=7 in his last 20. Twenty.
Him and Perry have been flat out pathetic lately.

Lord Flashheart is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:27 PM
  #560
Ducksgo*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Good luck trying to get top 10 with a pick that's a late 1st rounder.
Ryan and Sbisa and our first would most likely get us a top 5 or worst a top 10

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:34 PM
  #561
mightyquack
Moderator
Boll 2 hit superstar
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Ryan and Sbisa and our first would most likely get us a top 5 or worst a top 10
And that would be a boneheaded move for the Ducks, no matter how much Ryan has struggled.

mightyquack is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:36 PM
  #562
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Ryan and Sbisa and our first would most likely get us a top 5 or worst a top 10
Just come right out and say you want Murray fired. Because he would be the instant that trade went through, because no GM would ever make it, and no owner would ever approve it.

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:43 PM
  #563
Ducksgo*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Just come right out and say you want Murray fired. Because he would be the instant that trade went through, because no GM would ever make it, and no owner would ever approve it.
I'm just trying to understand the value of both players and our first. Getz2Perry wants to move up and it's something to talk about. Do we hold on to Ryan until 2014-2015? Do we make a trade during draft? We can't hold on to a top 6er that isn't producing for several more season.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:52 PM
  #564
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I'm just trying to understand the value of both players and our first. Getz2Perry wants to move up and it's something to talk about. Do we hold on to Ryan until 2014-2015? Do we make a trade during draft? We can't hold on to a top 6er that isn't producing for several more season.
Ryan is a 1st plus, even with the down year. Period. He's what you hope a top 10 pick turns into, and expect a top 5 pick to turn into. You don't add to him to get a player you hope will eventually be him.

Keep in mind the team needs impact players on budget contracts now, so any trades will be for young players not stars, and that 1st is worth more than what it will probably bring back. They won't want to weaken the team subtracting pieces to get a player that might help in 3-4 years.

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 04:17 PM
  #565
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Him and Perry have been flat out pathetic lately.
At least Perry is still putting up 1st line winger type points...Ryan is just disgraceful.

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 05:01 PM
  #566
Theridion
Registered User
 
Theridion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,538
vCash: 500
I like ryan. I have softened from high expectations. I think frustration comes from expectations. If he was just some dude putting up a few points, we would be all happy for unexpected contributions.

But, what have the ducks done to help him succeed?

He has never meshed with perry and getz. No one has though. But he keeps getting put there.

Weve never gone out to find a center for him, or a winger to play offside him.

He doesnt really get a role on the team. He isnt depended on for the pp, the pk.

Hes just the extra dude. A guy who can 30/30.

He is basically chris kunitz, with a little less hustle. Kunitz, however, worked with anyone he played with.

We have never gotten what the asset of 'ryan' is worth. Whether it was the pick or the player. Thats an organizational fault in the end.

If we wnated to build around ryan, we would be throwing him on the top line, the top pp, throw some different guys aroundhim, and make trades for guys to make him flourish.

We have done that for perry. We have done that for teemu.

I want next years squad to be younger, faster, stronger. I want it full of etems, palmeris, holland, vatenen, ryan, sbisa, fowler...

I wany to build up and i think ryan can be a part of that.

But right now. The last couple years, rerunning teemu, belesky, koivu, bonino... trying to make people fit together that just dont fit together sometimes... its not being done to help ryan.

Theridion is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 05:06 PM
  #567
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
@Duckscolorman: Struggling #NHLDucks cancel today's scheduled practice. Maybe a day away from the rink is exactly what they need before two-game set at EDM.
Quote:
@Duckscolorman: For those asking, #NHLDucks haven't taken many days off -- just 1 since 26-in-46 stretch ended April 10, and they had fashion show that day.
Perhaps an explanation of their play?

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 06:10 PM
  #568
Pahlsson26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
I like ryan. I have softened from high expectations. I think frustration comes from expectations. If he was just some dude putting up a few points, we would be all happy for unexpected contributions.

But, what have the ducks done to help him succeed?

He has never meshed with perry and getz. No one has though. But he keeps getting put there.

Weve never gone out to find a center for him, or a winger to play offside him.

He doesnt really get a role on the team. He isnt depended on for the pp, the pk.

Hes just the extra dude. A guy who can 30/30.

He is basically chris kunitz, with a little less hustle. Kunitz, however, worked with anyone he played with.

We have never gotten what the asset of 'ryan' is worth. Whether it was the pick or the player. Thats an organizational fault in the end.

If we wnated to build around ryan, we would be throwing him on the top line, the top pp, throw some different guys aroundhim, and make trades for guys to make him flourish.

We have done that for perry. We have done that for teemu.

I want next years squad to be younger, faster, stronger. I want it full of etems, palmeris, holland, vatenen, ryan, sbisa, fowler...

I wany to build up and i think ryan can be a part of that.

But right now. The last couple years, rerunning teemu, belesky, koivu, bonino... trying to make people fit together that just dont fit together sometimes... its not being done to help ryan.
It's hard to cater to a player of Ryan's style though, in the same way Jagr couldn't just immediately mesh with a center during his days (he's played well with guys like Plekanec and Nylander). Ryan plays like Jagr in a sense that he's side-to-side, and really unpredictable. His skill-set is optimized when he has the puck on his stick.

Teemu's "direct" style helps him mesh with guys like Andrew Ebbett and Brendan Morrison, but with Bobby, there aren't a lot of guys he can play with (unless that center has great vision like Getzlaf). Bonino has worked, but it's not like the Ducks aren't trying to find him a guy. They're finding guys, but it's almost like trying to fit a very square peg into a very, very circular spot.

Pahlsson26 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 06:37 PM
  #569
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I'm just trying to understand the value of both players and our first. Getz2Perry wants to move up and it's something to talk about. Do we hold on to Ryan until 2014-2015? Do we make a trade during draft? We can't hold on to a top 6er that isn't producing for several more season.
I said i would want to move up but ryan + sbisa + our first to get into the top 10 isnt what i was implying... If we could do one of them + a first depending on how high it moved us up id consider, but not both.

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 07:47 PM
  #570
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Exit Dose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 26,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Perhaps an explanation of their play?
That is was more of a fashion show than hockey game?

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:24 PM
  #571
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 19,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post

He has never meshed with perry and getz. No one has though. But he keeps getting put there.
I don't agree with that. From the end of 08-09 when he was put on the top line until the end of 10-11 he meshed with them fine. That line was considered the best line in the league.

Also when you say no one has meshed with them I can think of plenty of guys. Penner, Kunitz, Bertuzzi, Ryan (up until last season) & Palmieri has looked pretty good there at times this season. At the Olympics Morrow worked really well with them too.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:20 PM
  #572
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 19,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
So...Bobby Ryan has 0 points in his last 7.

Ryan's on a 51 point pace, and Palmieri is at 36 points. And he's been playing at least half of his season on the 4th line and over four minutes less TOI/g.
I just looked at some more numbers - the whole team only has 29 goals in their past 15 games, less than 2 goals per game. What makes it worse is that 9 of those goals came in 2 games against Dallas. We've scored more than 2 goals 4 times in that whole span.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:41 PM
  #573
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't agree with that. From the end of 08-09 when he was put on the top line until the end of 10-11 he meshed with them fine. That line was considered the best line in the league.

Also when you say no one has meshed with them I can think of plenty of guys. Penner, Kunitz, Bertuzzi, Ryan (up until last season) & Palmieri has looked pretty good there at times this season. At the Olympics Morrow worked really well with them too.
we know that getzy n perry need a physical gritty winger on the left side that can cycle. thats why i'd think maroon would be good with them. our new signing from yale (forgot his complicated name) could also be really good with them.

bumperkisser is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 11:42 PM
  #574
Yeaoh
Registered User
 
Yeaoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Ryan and Sbisa and our first would most likely get us a top 5 or worst a top 10
Ryan to PHI for Couturier + PHI 2013 1st

Yeaoh is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 11:46 PM
  #575
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim
 
ShadowDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't agree with that. From the end of 08-09 when he was put on the top line until the end of 10-11 he meshed with them fine. That line was considered the best line in the league.

Also when you say no one has meshed with them I can think of plenty of guys. Penner, Kunitz, Bertuzzi, Ryan (up until last season) & Palmieri has looked pretty good there at times this season. At the Olympics Morrow worked really well with them too.
Beleskey deserves to be mentioned, I think he meshes best with them.

Hagman worked there last year as well.

ShadowDuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.