Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 10:14 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

vCash: 500
So...Bobby Ryan has 0 points in his last 7.

Ryan's on a 51 point pace, and Palmieri is at 36 points. And he's been playing at least half of his season on the 4th line and over four minutes less TOI/g.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:30 AM
agent082

I hope they send Vatanen down so he can help Admirals achieving playoffs.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:53 AM
2faded

I think we switched up the lineup too much. Put Maroon, Holland, and Bonino Back in the lineup. Bonino is responsible defensively on the 2nd line but he produced way more on the 4th line iirc.

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Holland - Selanne
Cogs - Koivu - Winnik
Etem - Bonino - Beleskey/Maroon/Dvorak

Old
04-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Boogernaut
Castleton Snob

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
And 2+5=7 in his last 20. Twenty.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Wondering what we can get for him and Sbisa at the draft. Looking at our first as well. Hopefully Murray will go shopping.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Getz2perry

I wouldnt mind trying to move up to a top 10 pick in the draft. Id love to get nurse or zadorov for our D-core.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:26 PM
mightyquack
Boll 2 hit superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I wouldnt mind trying to move up to a top 10 pick in the draft. Id love to get nurse or zadorov for our D-core.
Good luck trying to get top 10 with a pick that's a late 1st rounder.

Old
Ducksgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
What would it take? Ryan Sbisa and our first? That seems like a top 5 move in my mind. What do you think a top 10 move would take?

Old
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Him and Perry have been flat out pathetic lately.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Ducksgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Good luck trying to get top 10 with a pick that's a late 1st rounder.
Ryan and Sbisa and our first would most likely get us a top 5 or worst a top 10

Old
04-20-2013, 02:34 PM
mightyquack
Boll 2 hit superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
And that would be a boneheaded move for the Ducks, no matter how much Ryan has struggled.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Quote:
Just come right out and say you want Murray fired. Because he would be the instant that trade went through, because no GM would ever make it, and no owner would ever approve it.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Ducksgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Just come right out and say you want Murray fired. Because he would be the instant that trade went through, because no GM would ever make it, and no owner would ever approve it.
I'm just trying to understand the value of both players and our first. Getz2Perry wants to move up and it's something to talk about. Do we hold on to Ryan until 2014-2015? Do we make a trade during draft? We can't hold on to a top 6er that isn't producing for several more season.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Quote:
I'm just trying to understand the value of both players and our first. Getz2Perry wants to move up and it's something to talk about. Do we hold on to Ryan until 2014-2015? Do we make a trade during draft? We can't hold on to a top 6er that isn't producing for several more season.
Ryan is a 1st plus, even with the down year. Period. He's what you hope a top 10 pick turns into, and expect a top 5 pick to turn into. You don't add to him to get a player you hope will eventually be him.

Keep in mind the team needs impact players on budget contracts now, so any trades will be for young players not stars, and that 1st is worth more than what it will probably bring back. They won't want to weaken the team subtracting pieces to get a player that might help in 3-4 years.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:17 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Him and Perry have been flat out pathetic lately.
At least Perry is still putting up 1st line winger type points...Ryan is just disgraceful.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Theridion

I like ryan. I have softened from high expectations. I think frustration comes from expectations. If he was just some dude putting up a few points, we would be all happy for unexpected contributions.

But, what have the ducks done to help him succeed?

He has never meshed with perry and getz. No one has though. But he keeps getting put there.

Weve never gone out to find a center for him, or a winger to play offside him.

He doesnt really get a role on the team. He isnt depended on for the pp, the pk.

Hes just the extra dude. A guy who can 30/30.

He is basically chris kunitz, with a little less hustle. Kunitz, however, worked with anyone he played with.

We have never gotten what the asset of 'ryan' is worth. Whether it was the pick or the player. Thats an organizational fault in the end.

If we wnated to build around ryan, we would be throwing him on the top line, the top pp, throw some different guys aroundhim, and make trades for guys to make him flourish.

We have done that for perry. We have done that for teemu.

I want next years squad to be younger, faster, stronger. I want it full of etems, palmeris, holland, vatenen, ryan, sbisa, fowler...

I wany to build up and i think ryan can be a part of that.

But right now. The last couple years, rerunning teemu, belesky, koivu, bonino... trying to make people fit together that just dont fit together sometimes... its not being done to help ryan.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Quote:
@Duckscolorman: Struggling #NHLDucks cancel today's scheduled practice. Maybe a day away from the rink is exactly what they need before two-game set at EDM.
Quote:
@Duckscolorman: For those asking, #NHLDucks haven't taken many days off -- just 1 since 26-in-46 stretch ended April 10, and they had fashion show that day.
Perhaps an explanation of their play?

Old
04-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Pahlsson26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
I like ryan. I have softened from high expectations. I think frustration comes from expectations. If he was just some dude putting up a few points, we would be all happy for unexpected contributions.

But, what have the ducks done to help him succeed?

He has never meshed with perry and getz. No one has though. But he keeps getting put there.

Weve never gone out to find a center for him, or a winger to play offside him.

He doesnt really get a role on the team. He isnt depended on for the pp, the pk.

Hes just the extra dude. A guy who can 30/30.

He is basically chris kunitz, with a little less hustle. Kunitz, however, worked with anyone he played with.

We have never gotten what the asset of 'ryan' is worth. Whether it was the pick or the player. Thats an organizational fault in the end.

If we wnated to build around ryan, we would be throwing him on the top line, the top pp, throw some different guys aroundhim, and make trades for guys to make him flourish.

We have done that for perry. We have done that for teemu.

I want next years squad to be younger, faster, stronger. I want it full of etems, palmeris, holland, vatenen, ryan, sbisa, fowler...

I wany to build up and i think ryan can be a part of that.

But right now. The last couple years, rerunning teemu, belesky, koivu, bonino... trying to make people fit together that just dont fit together sometimes... its not being done to help ryan.
It's hard to cater to a player of Ryan's style though, in the same way Jagr couldn't just immediately mesh with a center during his days (he's played well with guys like Plekanec and Nylander). Ryan plays like Jagr in a sense that he's side-to-side, and really unpredictable. His skill-set is optimized when he has the puck on his stick.

Teemu's "direct" style helps him mesh with guys like Andrew Ebbett and Brendan Morrison, but with Bobby, there aren't a lot of guys he can play with (unless that center has great vision like Getzlaf). Bonino has worked, but it's not like the Ducks aren't trying to find him a guy. They're finding guys, but it's almost like trying to fit a very square peg into a very, very circular spot.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
I said i would want to move up but ryan + sbisa + our first to get into the top 10 isnt what i was implying... If we could do one of them + a first depending on how high it moved us up id consider, but not both.

Old
04-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Perhaps an explanation of their play?
That is was more of a fashion show than hockey game?

Old
04-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post

I don't agree with that. From the end of 08-09 when he was put on the top line until the end of 10-11 he meshed with them fine. That line was considered the best line in the league.

Also when you say no one has meshed with them I can think of plenty of guys. Penner, Kunitz, Bertuzzi, Ryan (up until last season) & Palmieri has looked pretty good there at times this season. At the Olympics Morrow worked really well with them too.

Old
04-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post

Ryan's on a 51 point pace, and Palmieri is at 36 points. And he's been playing at least half of his season on the 4th line and over four minutes less TOI/g.
I just looked at some more numbers - the whole team only has 29 goals in their past 15 games, less than 2 goals per game. What makes it worse is that 9 of those goals came in 2 games against Dallas. We've scored more than 2 goals 4 times in that whole span.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:41 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't agree with that. From the end of 08-09 when he was put on the top line until the end of 10-11 he meshed with them fine. That line was considered the best line in the league.

Also when you say no one has meshed with them I can think of plenty of guys. Penner, Kunitz, Bertuzzi, Ryan (up until last season) & Palmieri has looked pretty good there at times this season. At the Olympics Morrow worked really well with them too.
we know that getzy n perry need a physical gritty winger on the left side that can cycle. thats why i'd think maroon would be good with them. our new signing from yale (forgot his complicated name) could also be really good with them.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Yeaoh

Quote:
Ryan to PHI for Couturier + PHI 2013 1st

Old
04-20-2013, 11:46 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post

Beleskey deserves to be mentioned, I think he meshes best with them.

Hagman worked there last year as well.

Closed Thread