Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I actually know Blum pretty darn well. He played in Arteisa for California Wave. My cousin played with him over at East West Ice Palace before he went to play for the Vancouver Giants. I'm just not sure if he can take a top pairing role on our squad right now.
Not top pairing, for sure, but he can play 3rd and power play time, no problem. Lots of potential to get better.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Exit Dose

I'd give up the Isles 2nd, not our 1st.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Conacher dominating this post season. Murray is an idiot for not jumping on this kid.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:35 PM
2faded

Quote:
Conacher dominating this post season. Murray is an idiot for not jumping on this kid.
Care to explain this? Im not sure I get it.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Were you trading Hiller or Fasth to get him?

Old
05-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Care to explain this? Im not sure I get it.
I hated this TB and Ott trade from the beginning. Conacher has TRUE top 6 upside even more than Etem sadly to say :faceplam: I would of traded Ryan for him to TB for Cons ++. Guy is dominating in Ottawa after the trade.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think I have a greater appreciation of Murray's intelligence for not moving Hiller or Fasth. We could very well need them both.

Quote:
I hated this TB and Ott trade from the beginning. Conacher has TRUE top 6 upside even more than Etem sadly to say :faceplam: I would of traded Ryan for him to TB for Cons ++. Guy is dominating in Ottawa after the trade.
So, Tampa Bay wants a goaltender... and you offer them a winger?

05-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I think I have a greater appreciation of Murray's intelligence for not moving Hiller or Fasth. We could very well need them both.

So, Tampa Bay wants a goaltender... and you offer them a winger?
I would of DEFF give them Fasth for Conacher if they needed a goalie. I know they traded for Bishop, but **** man... Kid scored 80 pts for Norfolk in 11-12. And 24 pts for TB this season. And handled the series for Ott. Why the **** didn't we inquire on him?? Wtf is going on here? Shame on you Murray

Old
05-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
I would of DEFF give them Fasth for Conacher if they needed a goalie. I know they traded for Bishop, but **** man... Kid scored 80 pts for Norfolk in 11-12. And 24 pts for TB this season. And handled the series for Ott. Why the **** didn't we inquire on him?? Wtf is going on here? Shame on you Murray
Because the Ducks were the #2 seed and weren't going to go into the playoffs without a legitimate NHL starter AND backup goaltender. At the deadline, it wasn't settled whether Hiller or Fasth was the starter, and you don't eviscerate your goaltending depth right before the playoffs. Ottawa only trade Bishop because they had 3 guys who had proven they could play in the NHL. Tampa wasn't going to trade for another unproven guy, and the Ducks weren't going to weaken themselves right before a playoff run.

Amusingly, however, Etem would have been the guy to sit if you got your wish.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Because the Ducks already had a lot of depth scoring, not to mention a pretty sexy prospect pool. On top of that, the goaltending duo they had was a big asset for them this season. Do I need to keep going?

You just want to acquire him because he's a young talent. Team needs do play a role in trades.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Is it possible for HF to start a "poster prospect" board where certain posters can be made to prove their worth before being allowed to post on the NHL boards? And could we be allowed to send some current posters down? Just wondering.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
The same Conacher who was a healthy scratch earlier this series? Everyone on the Sens is scoring goals - it's a reflection of how bad Montreal is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Is it possible for HF to start a "poster prospect" board where certain posters can be made to prove their worth before being allowed to post on the NHL boards? And could we be allowed to send some current posters down? Just wondering.
I really hope this can happen. YOUTH MOVEMENT!!!!

Old
05-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Malkinstheman

Hey guys, i know he probisnt available but what would it take from Pitts to get fasth/Gibson

Old
05-11-2013, 01:16 AM
LVDucks238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
Hey guys, i know he probisnt available but what would it take from Pitts to get fasth/Gibson
Gibson isn't available for anything Pittsburgh would want to give up. Fasth could be available depending on how ready Anaheim feels Gibson/Andersen are, but it's really hard to gauge his value. Maybe a 2nd+average prospect? I really don't have a clue though to be honest.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
Hiller is currently working his way to being the expendable one.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Trying to get 1st round money may be a reason, but it's not a good bet. Redrafts normally go later than where they were originally picked.

I'm too lazy to look this up, but when is the last time a redraft even got in the 1st round? Even the 2nd round seems rare, but I seem to recall it happening once or twice. At least with former Ducks prospects (who we follow), they generally go a round or two later.

If he wants money he'll have to wait 2 more years, like Schultz. That's 2 more years of lost wages, but his league probably pays a decent amount. It might even be more than he would make in the AHL.
Probably Nick Boynton back in 1998. Really doesn't happen often. Some guys move up, like our own Matt Lombardi and Frederik Andersen, but not in the first.

Karlsson would be stupid to go back into the draft. It's a pretty good class, and while he was solid in the world juniors, he's done nothing to suggest he be taken well ahead of where he was previously, and IMO would be lucky to stay in the second considering the rest of the class is much younger than he is. Then again, some guys just do it, for whatever reason.

Old
05-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Do we have any scouts at the Worlds tonight??? Wouldn't mind a couple of these frenchies taken in round 5-7. They have a decent team this year.

Old
05-11-2013, 06:04 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
So is any other GM then.

In this trade deadline and in those years when he wasn`t drafted. Hey, and that also goes to those GM`s and scouting staffs that doesn`t saw anything in St.Louis.

Hey, you know what? Turns out anyone is an idiot. If i`m Samuellis, i`d come to HF to pick next GM, coach and scouting staff. Ducks would so gonna win it all 10 years in a row

Old
05-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Do we have any scouts at the Worlds tonight??? Wouldn't mind a couple of these frenchies taken in round 5-7. They have a decent team this year.
There's no draft-eligible player on that team.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:17 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

'Frenchies'

Old
05-11-2013, 08:10 PM
2faded

I think the Islanders will be looking for a goalie in the off season. What could we get from them for Hiller/Fasth?

Old
05-11-2013, 09:09 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
I think the Islanders will be looking for a goalie in the off season. What could we get from them for Hiller/Fasth?
You would be okay with our goalie combination as Fasth and Anderson?

Old
05-11-2013, 09:40 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
You would be okay with our goalie combination as Fasth and Anderson?
I think Fasth is a good goalie. Or trade Fasth? I brought up both. I dont know what Murray is thinking. What's your plan then? Keep both?

Old
05-11-2013, 10:12 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
I think Fasth is a good goalie. Or trade Fasth? I brought up both. I dont know what Murray is thinking. What's your plan then? Keep both?
I would prefer to keep both, and Murray seemed adamant to have two good goaltenders so I don't believe we will trade either one soon.

If we got a great trade for Fasth, I'd take it, but I wouldn't for Hiller. Hiller has proven to be capable of being the #1 for an entire year, while Fasth was an average goalie after his hot start. I think Fasth is a good 1B (granted this is a small sample size and he could prove to be better), while I trust Hiller as a true 1.

I don't want to be in that situation where our backup is a guy like McElleneiuiey/Pielmier like the Ducks were a few years ago, and no matter how the Ducks skaters played, we lost because our goalie couldn't make a save.

Anderson is in that stage where he's good enough and proven enough that he should get a few NHL starts next year. But I think he needs to prove it before we can trust him as a #2.

And IMO, Hiller will be good enough for 3-4 more years until the reigns are passed to Gibson.

Old
05-12-2013, 12:03 AM
rollingdux

We've seen this before no?

Giguere & Bryzgalov with Hiller in the wings...

now

Hiller & Fasth with Gibson in the wings ( 2yrs away?)...

Closed Thread