Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 02:05 AM
Markus078

vCash: 500
I still ask myself if moving Holland to wing would be an option. I think we will offer Koivu another year. I'd def. consider moving Ryan and putting Holland to the wing.

I'm also pretty sure that a goalie will be moved. With Andersen pushing hard I see him being at the big club next year. He will be 24 with one great season in the SEL and one great season in the AHL, thats plenty of experience and I believe he has to make the next step. So it will be Hiller + Andersen or Fasth + Andersen. The first one is certainly the lower risk move. Financially I'm not so sure how much Hiller will demand but I can not see the team offering more than he gets now.

On the other hand, the team as a whole seems to play better with Fasth in net. It will be a tough call.

Last edited by Markus078: 05-13-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old
05-13-2013, 02:07 AM
buckridesagain*

Should have sent Bobby to toronto with Gardiner instead of Lupul.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:10 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckridesagain View Post
Should have sent Bobby to toronto with Gardiner instead of Lupul.
Given Ryan was in a career year at that point, that would of been a terrible deal, and BM would of been rightfully criticised heavily for it.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Quack

I liked what I seen from Holland, really hope he makes the Ducks this year.
Haven't seen a ton from Vatanen but with an 82 game schedule, I think we will be seeing a lot of him next year. I'd like to keep Sourary, his shot from the point is a nice thing to have on a PP and he plays a tough style that not everyone has. As another poster said, we need someone to clear the crease and Sourary can do that and he brings a nice shot with that. Id like to see a bit of speed on the D. The Redwings had a lot of 2 on 1's and breakaways. I think some speed on D may change that.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:35 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
I still ask myself if moving Holland to wing would be an option. I think we will offer Koivu another year. I'd def. consider moving Ryan and putting Holland to the wing.

I'm also pretty sure that a goalie will be moved. With Andersen pushing hard I see him being at the big club next year. He will be 24 with one great season in the SEL and one great season in the AHL, thats plenty of experience and I believe he has to make the next step. So it will be Hiller + Andersen or Fasth + Andersen. The first one is certainly the lower risk move. Financially I'm not so sure how much Hiller will demand but I can not see the team offering more than he gets now.

On the other hand, the team as a whole seems to play better with Fasth in net. It will be a tough call.
I've always felt that Holland would be a winger at the top flight. I don't see the creativity of a top six center, there. Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
I liked what I seen from Holland, really hope he makes the Ducks this year.
Haven't seen a ton from Vatanen but with an 82 game schedule, I think we will be seeing a lot of him next year. I'd like to keep Sourary, his shot from the point is a nice thing to have on a PP and he plays a tough style that not everyone has. As another poster said, we need someone to clear the crease and Sourary can do that and he brings a nice shot with that. Id like to see a bit of speed on the D. The Redwings had a lot of 2 on 1's and breakaways. I think some speed on D may change that.
Vatanen should provide that speed, and with an 82 game schedule, we'll have enough time for him to sufficiently polish his game in time for the post season.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:45 AM
pesko

Ryan for Edler, Hiller for Okposo, Sbisa for Matt Read.

Do it BM

Old
05-13-2013, 03:11 AM
ThereGoesVirtanen
#53...the future

I don't know about you guys but Edler for Ryan sounds good to me.

Old
05-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Patito

Send a message via MSN to Patito
Kill me but IŽd trade Fowler. And Hiller, Sbisa & Souray.

Old
05-13-2013, 03:42 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patito View Post
So you will trade our only #1 defensemen of the future?

Old
05-13-2013, 03:54 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

I'm as on board with trading Ryan as I have ever been. And I always thought it was a matter of the price. I would actually not be against keeping him if (and only if) he's taken away from Getzlaf and Perry. No idea what Bruce is seeing there, but I have said it for a long time - he's being wasted there. A guy with a fraction of his talent (and salary) can be equally effective with them. He can't impact the game with them. I would be fine if he'd be just a third wheel there, but it's a third wheel turning above the ground. To be fair to Bruce, though, Ryan hasn't done anything to suggest he's going to carry a different line, either. We'll see what happens at the draft and before next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
I don't know about you guys but Edler for Ryan sounds good to me.
Value looks fine, I think. I would certainly give it consideration. But who knows what's on the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Vatanen should provide that speed, and with an 82 game schedule, we'll have enough time for him to sufficiently polish his game in time for the post season.
True. He'll be very interesting to watch next season. As will quite a few others be. Etem, Palmieri, Holland, Rakell, maybe Lindholm or even Gibson.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:00 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Quote:
Mmm, why?

If the top 6 is going to consist of Getzlaf, Perry, Palmieri, Etem, Bonino and Beleskey in next season, they are going to be in trouble.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:01 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaheim Ducks View Post
So you will trade our only #1 defensemen of the future?
It shouldn't even depend on his estimated future - even in his current role he's already too meaningful to trade. We don't really have anyone that offers what he does. If anything, we have to little of it. The future component just makes it more absurd.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:03 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Why?

With the other three players, I can see an argument:

Hiller always seems to start the season slow, and I just don't think he was good enough in the playoffs. Combine that with Fasth, who is signed, and I can see why people might want to trade him.

Sbisa is a young player, but his progression just hasn't been all that great. For the talent he has, he just doesn't seem to make smart decisions, and moving him could open up a spot for someone like Lindholm or Vatanen.

Souray was good this season, but that three year contract is brutal, and he really seemed to drop sharply late in the season. I suspect he's nursing an injury, which was one of the reasons many of us scoffed at the three year contract. So, again, I see a reason.

Cam Fowler, however, looks like he's just starting to come into his own. He was one of our best defensemen last season, and showed signs of absolutely elite level play in bursts. This, from a 21 year old, who we have signed long-term. There is still some inconsistency and rawness in his game, most likely a result of his youth, but the combination of his offensive ability, not to mention a much-improved defensive game that has seen him match up against top NHL players leads me to believe he could be a legitimate #1 defenseman at some point. Why would you want to trade him, before he has a chance to hit that next level? Do you understand how significant a player like that could be to a team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
It shouldn't even depend on his estimated future - even in his current role he's already too meaningful to trade. We don't really have anyone that offers what he does. If anything, we have to little of it. The future component just makes it more absurd.
That's a good point. His name seems like an outlier among those other three. It just doesn't belong.

05-13-2013, 04:12 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

(sigh) I just realized that I said last season... and that's exactly what it was as of tonight.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I didn't mean it like that, I think he is our best defensemen now, I have said that mulitple times I meant he is a key to our future success.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:15 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
I think Selanne retires, but Koivu has previously stated that he wants to play in the Olympics. He was good this season, so I'm counting on him for another year.

Other than that, it's hard to speculate. I wouldn't mind trading Ryan for Edler. I think there's a good chance McDonald is brought back, especially with Teemu gone. I could see Anaheim being his 2nd choice behind St. Louis, where he got a reduced role last year. I doubt they'll extend him. I'm guessing Hiller will be traded at the draft. It's a bit of a gamble, but he's gotten inconsistent and I imagine the club would like to get rid of his contract.

I think we'll just see a little bit of tweaking, with hopes that the kids will take yet another step forward next year.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:20 AM
Paul4587

Here are some interesting stats regarding Ryan and RPG in general. Unfortunately this only keeps stats of Ryan with each individual and not as a whole unit but I'll use them anyway:

Ryan with Getzlaf this season played 240:36, had a GF/20 min of 1.081 and a GA/20 min of 0.582. Without Getzlaf he played 385:31 with a GF/20 min of 0.726 and a GA/20 min of 0.830.

With Perry he played 236:34, had a GF/20 min of 1.014 and a GA/20 min of 0.761. Without Perry he played 389:33 with a GF/20 min of 0.770 and a GA/20 min of 0.719.

His overall GF/20 min was 0.863 and his GA/20 min was 0.735. So at least this season he was more productive with Getzlaf and Perry than without them - particularly with Getzlaf.

He had his highest offensive output of 1.272 GF/20 min with Palmieri although it was only in 78 minutes of ice time so the sample size is small. His lowest offensive output was with Bonino - he played 111 minutes with him and their GF/20 min while together was only 0.359.

Note when I say he had a GF/20 min I mean when those two were on the ice together the team produced at that rate. Sorry if my poor wording confuses anyone but I can't be bothered re wording everything.

So this year was the first year he couldn't really carry his own line. He was much better with Getzlaf and Perry. I have no idea what my point is but thought the stats were interesting.

Here is the link to the data. Obviously you can view the data for every player on the roster.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
I think Selanne retires, but Koivu has previously stated that he wants to play in the Olympics. He was good this season, so I'm counting on him for another year.

Other than that, it's hard to speculate. I wouldn't mind trading Ryan for Edler. I think there's a good chance McDonald is brought back, especially with Teemu gone. I could see Anaheim being his 2nd choice behind St. Louis, where he got a reduced role last year. I doubt they'll extend him. I'm guessing Hiller will be traded at the draft. It's a bit of a gamble, but he's gotten inconsistent and I imagine the club would like to get rid of his contract.

I think we'll just see a little bit of tweaking, with hopes that the kids will take yet another step forward next year.
I don't think we have the cap space to sign McDonald or am I wrong?

Old
05-13-2013, 04:21 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
McDonald is an option but do they really need an injury prone forward? Also, I would only get him to play with Teemu and if he quits, I wouldn't want him. Koivu should be resigned, no question about it.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:22 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I didn't mean it like that, I think he is our best defensemen now, I have said that mulitple times I meant he is a key to our future success.
I didn't mean to correct you in any way, your point was entirely fair and is a huge part of the reason why trading him would be a bad idea. I just wanted to add to the future-aspect that it wouldn't help for the present, either.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:23 AM
Exit Dose

I'd like to see Steckel and Lovejoy re-signed if the prices are reasonable, which I have to assume they would be. I'd keep Lydman if we deal someone.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:34 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Dvorak played decent as well, if we re-sign Lombardi I might just kill myself.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:42 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

I never want to see Hiller play another game for us again, can't win in the playoffs getting outgoaltended every game and constantly putting your team behind.

also indifferent on most of the vets. Getzy/Beauch are keepers, Etem/Palmieri/Fowler stay. anyone else can go it's sad when two kids outplay your highest paid player, and your third highest paid player

Old
05-13-2013, 04:46 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
I never want to see Hiller play another game for us again, can't win in the playoffs getting outgoaltended every game and constantly putting your team behind.

also indifferent on most of the vets. Getzy/Beauch are keepers, Etem/Palmieri/Fowler stay. anyone else can go it's sad when two kids outplay your highest paid player, and your third highest paid player
Bonino? Cogs? Beleskey?

Old
05-13-2013, 04:50 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

Quote:
Bonino? Cogs? Beleskey?
I wouldn't lump bonino in the vet category. honestly the veteran players failed this team in the end, very few should be safe. you shouldn't have 3 kids, and getzlaf carrying your entire team in the post-season

Closed Thread