Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some of my thoughts

Old
03-31-2013, 01:14 PM
NeelyDan

vCash: 500
Some of my thoughts

There are a lot of different elements to the Bruins and this season that I think I'd like to set the table on, from my own humble perspective as a fan living in the GTA.

Team Strengths
  • We have the ability to physically dominate any team in the National Hockey League
  • We have the ability to play a finesse game in competition with the top half of the league
  • We are one of the most efficient system-driven teams in the league
  • We have a top ten goaltending tandem
  • We have one of the better coaches in the league
  • We have one of the top 5 general managers in the league
  • Our penalty killing is second to none
  • We have a fantastic fanbase

Team Weaknesses
  • Physical consistency is lacking
  • Offensive consistency is lacking
  • Our power play is abysmal
  • Our coach can be too dedicated to rolling all 4 lines
  • Our top line should be our second line
  • We have leaders who disappear for stretches
  • Our leadership in general is lacking

Current State of Affairs
  • We're stale and uninspired
  • We're deflated from the Iginla debacle
  • We're seemingly waiting for a trade
  • Our top fighter is suddenly choosing his spots
  • Our top left winger has a bit of an identity crisis
  • Our third line is just god awful
  • We've had a bad run of luck in the trade market

How's it Fixed?
  • We leave Seguin/Bergy/Marchad the eff alone
  • We bring someone in to add some pop and leadership (Clowe fits the bill, here)
  • We bring someone in to bolster our defence (Dan Boyle would be perfect, here)
  • We take some of the pressure off the first line and make them the second line
  • Our captain nuts up and demonstrates what a Bruin should be
  • Our 3rd line becomes our 4th line

Deadline Specific
  • Tradable: 1st rounder/Ference/Caron/Koko/Bartkowski/Krug/lower picks
  • Targets: Clowe/Boyle/Streit/Whitney/Yandle/Jagr

Summary

I truly think a lot of you are waving the white flag way too soon. Some of you are even refusing to watch games anymore - really? Is that your definition of supporting your team? If so, I hope I never have to go to war with you.

Having played junior B hockey in a physical role, and I am by no means excusing these guys because they're paid to do this, but it's truly difficult to maintain the same level of energy game in and game out, particularly this compressed, that you guys want out of them every game. This is NOT an excuse - Looch and Horts have been invisible out there way too often - but let's hope they have a bigger picture in mind, shall we?

In short - relax! Maybe we make a couple of smaller moves at the deadline, and we just let this dip run its course. The sky is not falling. Do you think ANY of these teams want to face the Bruins in the playoffs? Perhaps let that be your barometer.

NeelyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Dabruins

vCash: 500
Great post, i agree with most of what you said.

I think this week has been some sort of 5 stage thing for us Bruins fans. First we all felt anger for blowing it to an arch rival than the Iginla debacle. Than we tried blaming everyone for the mess (iginla, Chia, Feaster, Crosby, the players), classic denial. Than we moved to depression, writing off the entire season, waving that white flag as you say. Now it seems most have moved to acceptance. Threads here saying relax, rallying the troops so to speak. Were past the Iginla thing. Now, we move to the ol standard for fans, Hope. We know were not as bad as we have been playing. Things will get better, maybe we are not the team to beat this year but anything can happen come playoffs.

Dabruins is offline   Reply With Quote