Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rich Peverley: Fan Favorite?

Old
03-31-2013, 06:21 PM
C77

vCash: 500
Anyway this is one of the things I don't understand about the current roster set-up.

The Bruins have a defense (except for Hamilton) that is going to move the puck "station to station" as they call it. Basically one pass to the winger on the boards and then that guy will pass it to the center who is coming up the ice. However, if you're going to have a "station to station" type of team and you want to dump the puck in, then you need to have big bodies to be able to win battles and retrieve it and also wear down the other team's defense. Instead the Bruins group of forwards doesn't really have an identity. I guess you can say that it's good to have a balanced approach...but I would rather have two lines of skilled forwards and then a real physical and punishing emphasis on the bottom two lines.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:27 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Many players have been railed against here recently and throughout the season (duh?).
But it seems Peverley has escaped most of the rath even though he is having a very trying season.
not from me. If you want a symbol of this teams issues, Peverley holds them all. No, I'm not even talking about his Offensive numbers. His overall game has been horrible.

He's not the most offensively gifted player but he USED to make up for it with speed + tenacity. The game in his own end has been just as bad, before you could count on him to win a puckbattle near our blueline and now he's often 2-3 strides away from where he should be.

**** THE LINEMATE BINKY.

watch him. If kelly was playing right now I'd be hammering him just as hard as well. These guys were THE go to, 2 way line.

If ONE player (bourque/Pandolfo/caron) can hurt them in all 3 zones then these two players had to go YESTERDAY.

But for now, just watch Peverley. The posterboy for Meh.

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:57 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

Delete

DougiesGoingDeep is offline   Reply With Quote