HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eller to Vancouver

Old
03-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
The guy we could really use would be Bieska.

Tough, RH D that can play PP, PK, clear the net, be physical.

I know he's a big part of the d and would be missed but it looks like you have depth there and would be getting back a big part of our lineup.

MTL
Eller

for

VAN
Bieska

As said though, more likely to be an off season move if at all.
Deal. Now we need to convince juice to waive his no trade clause..

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:39 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Canucks RD depth isn't even close to being able to handle this trade right now.

Hansen 36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
You're mistaken. They have 3 second rounders this year, their own, Calgary's and Nashville's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
We have 3 seconds if I'm not mistaken. Nashville's, calgary's and ours.
Thanks you two. The point still stands. They could trade up to get a better pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
*looks at stats again*

... Sorry what am I missing here?

Eller is worth two 1st round picks?
Of course, because stats tell everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
As a Habs fan first, Canucks fan second.. I wouldn't trade Eller for Kassian and a 1st. Not even a chance.

Kassian isn't even good enough to be in our Top-12 right now.
As a Habs' fan first and a Canucks' fan second, living in BC, I'd be tempted by that trade and the Canucks might be intrigued by it as well.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
The undervaluing of Kassian in this thread is hilarious. Alright Habs fans.

Raymond and a 2nd with maybe a prospect thrown in is what I'd do for Eller. No more, no less.
Just like Bourque + 2nd is the most I'd do for Hansen.

Those players are just more valuable to their team than in a trade. Eller and Hansen are those types of players.

Quote:
That is hilarious.
Wah, wah, wah.

I love the Canucks. Second favourite team. Kassian is okay, but he's not going to be better than Eller. And your 1st round pick is going to be super low anyway. We already have 4 picks in the first 60 this year.

So whats hilarious, is thinking that Kassian + a low 1st is worth Lars Eller. Cause it's not.

Quote:
Horrible.
No really?

Eller is what Hansen is to Vancouver.

Vancouver fans were actually saying Galchenyuk is all they would do for Hansen.. that's even more ridiculous than what I said.

But to get Eller, you're going to have to pay a lot. Guy is already a fantastic 3rd line shut down center and is very good offensively too.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Why don't you guys like Bieksa?

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Quote:
Canucks RD depth isn't even close to being able to handle this trade right now.
You're probably right. I guess I was just pissed at Bieksa's crappy performance of late.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Quote:

Those players are just more valuable to their team than in a trade. Eller and Hansen are those types of players.
Yup, and to that I respectfully say no.

Although I am a huge Eller fan and would love to see a Jensen - Eller - Hansen line.

Maybe in the Olympics

Old
03-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Garth Butcher

kassian can really come into his own when refs put away the whistle in the playoffs so as far a kassian is concerned you are just as likely to trade for one of the sedins. Far more than teams would pay for the young lad missing a tooth.

Garth Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Quote:

Wah, wah, wah.

I love the Canucks. Second favourite team. Kassian is okay, but he's not going to be better than Eller. And your 1st round pick is going to be super low anyway. We already have 4 picks in the first 60 this year.

So whats hilarious, is thinking that Kassian + a low 1st is worth Lars Eller. Cause it's not.

No really?

Eller is what Hansen is to Vancouver.

Vancouver fans were actually saying Galchenyuk is all they would do for Hansen.. that's even more ridiculous than what I said.

But to get Eller, you're going to have to pay a lot. Guy is already a fantastic 3rd line shut down center and is very good offensively too.
That's cool. We'll keep Kassian and you can keep Crosby #2

Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Yup, and to that I respectfully say no.

Although I am a huge Eller fan and would love to see a Jensen - Eller - Hansen line.

Maybe in the Olympics
Exactly.

The cost to get players like Eller and Hansen just isn't worth paying.

Quote:
lol.. you're really reaching, eh?

Kassian is about as useful as Travis Moen. I still hate that the 'Nucks traded for him.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Kassian is about as useful as Travis Moen. I still hate that the 'Nucks traded for him.
Oh boy...

Old
03-31-2013, 10:47 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Sounds good to me.. The Habs keep Eller and the Canucks keep whatever Canuck fans are offering.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:50 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Oh boy...
Obviously I don't mean over the length of his career, Kassian should be a better player than Moen (I least I hope being a huge Canucks fan), I mean right now. MTL is in 2nd place in the Conference, poised to hopefully make a deep playoff run - trading a key player for a guy who is about as useless as Moen right now makes no sense.

I'd still prefer Hodgson. Yeah, I get that he was a whiner, but lots of kids are. He would have earnt his ice-time eventually. No way to was Hodgson only worth Kassian.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Obviously I don't mean over the length of his career, Kassian should be a better player than Moen (I least I hope being a huge Canucks fan), I mean right now. MTL is in 2nd place in the Conference, poised to hopefully make a deep playoff run - trading a key player for a guy who is about as useless as Moen right now makes no sense.

I'd still prefer Hodgson. Yeah, I get that he was a whiner, but lots of kids are. He would have earnt his ice-time eventually. No way to was Hodgson only worth Kassian.
So you're a Canucks' fan right. So you know why Hodgson has been traded, right? I mean, every Canucks' fan knows about me, myself and Hodgson...

I live in BC. Born and raised in Sherbrooke, huge Habs' fan and Canucks' fan since the days of King Richard Brodeur. I watch the Canucks here, in BC, regularly.

I would seriously entertain trading Eller (who I love by the way) for Zack Kassian (we're not talking about Matt here) and the Canucks' first.

Then the Habs would have two first round picks and three second round picks, which would allow them to potentially trade up at the draft to get one better pick.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:15 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
So you're a Canucks' fan right. So you know why Hodgson has been traded, right? I mean, every Canucks' fan knows about me, myself and Hodgson...

I live in BC. Born and raised in Sherbrooke, huge Habs' fan and Canucks' fan since the days of King Richard Brodeur. I watch the Canucks here, in BC, regularly.

I would seriously entertain trading Eller (who I love by the way) for Zack Kassian (we're not talking about Matt here) and the Canucks' first.

Then the Habs would have two first round picks and three second round picks, which would allow them to potentially trade up at the draft to get one better pick.
I'm not really a fan of using Eller to trade up a few places.

Yes, I'm aware of Hodgson in Vancouver hence calling him a whiner.

I'm also aware that I don't really care for Kassian as a player. He's okay and he'll be a solid player. His ceiling is Ryane Clowe production, but I see him more as a 3rd line 40 point guy who hits. Eller is more important to a team than that.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:18 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Okay i'm really confused. I've seen Eller play and he seems like an okay center... but i've never been wowed by him... how is he worth so much?

EDIT

I'd equate him to a younger Hansen and there's no way Hansen is worth two 1st round picks...

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I'm not really a fan of using Eller to trade up a few places.

Yes, I'm aware of Hodgson in Vancouver hence calling him a whiner.

I'm also aware that I don't really care for Kassian as a player. He's okay and he'll be a solid player. His ceiling is Ryane Clowe production, but I see him more as a 3rd line 40 point guy who hits. Eller is more important to a team than that.
And what about that first, that you seem to purposely ignore? What if the Habs were able to secure a Top 5 pick by trading up with a team ahead of them? What kind of player would they get do you think, with Timmins in place? This is as important, if not more, than your focus: Kassian.

PS: Hodgson's problems were a hell of a lot more than the whining BTW.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:40 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
And what about that first, that you seem to purposely ignore? What if the Habs were able to secure a Top 5 pick by trading up with a team ahead of them? What kind of player would they get do you think, with Timmins in place? This is as important, if not more, than your focus: Kassian.

PS: Hodgson's problems were a hell of a lot more than the whining BTW.
I didn't ignore it. I said I wouldn't want to trade Eller to move up a few spots in the draft.

If Bergevin can trade something like the 22nd and 26th for the 5th... then the man is a god and I would never question him.

If this was a team like Calgary? Hell yeah, I would move Eller for a 1st + Kassian. Vancouver? Doesn't really interest me to move Eller for a gamble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Okay i'm really confused. I've seen Eller play and he seems like an okay center... but i've never been wowed by him... how is he worth so much?

EDIT

I'd equate him to a younger Hansen and there's no way Hansen is worth two 1st round picks...
Yeah, he's a younger, cheaper, Hansen who has more offensive potential and plays center.

So if MTL offered you Louis Leblanc and a 1st for Hansen, you'd take it? Cause I'd do that deal right now in a heartbeat.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:10 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
The undervaluing of Kassian in this thread is hilarious. Alright Habs fans.

Raymond and a 2nd with maybe a prospect thrown in is what I'd do for Eller. No more, no less.
that is bad value, Eller is worth about the same as Hansen. would offer Kassian straight up cause we need help down the middle, or maybe something around Burrows. (I know this makes the Hodgson trade look bad, but we need to realize that we need another centre in the organization)

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:15 AM
LPH

Quote:
this comment just reeks of ignorance, Kassian is a project, but has very high upside and has shown the ability to be a dominant force at the NHL level

Old
04-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
that is bad value, Eller is worth about the same as Hansen. would offer Kassian straight up cause we need help down the middle, or maybe something around Burrows. (I know this makes the Hodgson trade look bad, but we need to realize that we need another centre in the organization)
If Raymond can keep playing the way he has been this season for longer he has the same value as Hansen pretty much. He has a bad rep because of how he dropped off so badly after the break-out year. All that Hansen really has on him is tenacity and the ability to hit harder. I could see a 2nd filling that gap. As much as I like Eller, I don't want to give up Kassian, because by doing that we close spots for our own developed players. 1. We get rid of a potential 25-30-55 Beast Powerforward and 2. We take away Schroeder's spot on the team.

Although if we could get Eller without giving up Kass or a (2013) First I'd do it in a second.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:19 AM
LPH

Raymond is on an expiring contract, that's why his value is much less

Old
04-01-2013, 01:19 AM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Quote:
Raymond is on an expiring contract, that's why his value is much less
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Well, a re-signed Raymond then

Old
04-01-2013, 06:45 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
this comment just reeks of ignorance, Kassian is a project, but has very high upside and has shown the ability to be a dominant force at the NHL level
Have you read any of my posts? I'm a huge Canucks fan. I just don't like Kassian. Not as high on him as other Canucks fans. My best friend, who is a Canucks fan first/Habs fan second (opposite of me) dislikes Kassian as well.

I just don't see the player that you do. I see a Ryane Clowe at best and a Chad Kilger at worst. Likely somewhere between.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I didn't ignore it. I said I wouldn't want to trade Eller to move up a few spots in the draft.
That's your opinion. While I respect it, I certainly don't share it. In a deep draft, with Timmins in control, I'd take a top 5-10 pick overall (by trading up, remember) over Eller and that's not counting Kassian!