HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Postseason Lines Discussion

Old
05-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
The rational side of me is still hoping and wishing we win the Cup this season, but a small part of me wouldn't care if we ended up losing to the Islanders so this idiot will get his walking papers. I can't even begin to describe how frustrated and annoyed I am with his line combinations, and I really don't know if I can deal with another season of him and his stupid lines.

It's similar to my feelings about Fleury. I honestly don't know if I can watch much more of games that involve either one of these two. Hockey is supposed to be for entertainment, not to sit there pissed off because one guy can't stop a beach ball while the other guy keeps putting inferior lineups out there which is costing us games.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:43 AM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

vCash: 500
Ideal lines would be:

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Adams/Vital/TK

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:45 AM

I actually wouldn't mind seeing...

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Iggy
Cooke-Vitale-Adams

I blame the system more than Iggy but he's not fitting in at all. The systems more about being blindlessly active more than having any kind of poise. He's been Tangradi bad 5 on 5 and isn't even winning board battles.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
MrBurghundy
Relax

**** lineups. Your hopes for them don't matter anyway. Bylsma hates them and he hates you.

MrBurghundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
It comes down to this for me: Shero gift-wrapped a supremely deep lineup at forward and a pretty good lineup at defense, AND got a nuclear weapon in Iginla for Sid's wing at the deadline. There are absolutely no excuses, and if this team fails to make it to the Cup Finals, Bylsma needs to go. There's not going to be another opportunity with this much firepower and depth realistically, so if Bylsma can't get the job done with this lineup, he is of zero use to this organization. Forget the bonehead decisions regarding the lineup, players being played out of position, his stubborn use of Fleury during catastrophic failure, his failure to adjust, and his inability to coach his team up. It's as simple as being able to perform to expectations with this lineup.
Agree with pretty much all of these thoughts. This is as close to a "no excuses" situation as a coach could possibly have. He has a loaded line-up with depth at every position. And more tellingly he still has not branched out much and tried new things as the losses / poor play mounts. He may or may not be on the hot seat, but he absolutely should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
In general, I believe the bold text is true. Most of the time a GM should not be overruling his head coach. If he can't trust his coach, then someone has to be fired. However, this time it's a little bit different. Shero made this team stacked at the deadline for a long playoff run. Does he really want to see that go to waste? He can't fire Bylsma in the middle of a playoff series, but he can still overrule him.

If it comes to two choices between Shero having to step on Bylsma's toes or another first round elimination, I'll take the former.
It could happen (especially if we lose tonight), but something tells me it won't. He's actually got more justification to fire him if we lose the series and he didn't interfere in any respect.

Firing mid-playoffs: so you think no chance we hire Tippett as an "Assistant" tomorrow, then? My day is ruined.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Coach John McGuirk
ヽ(。_)ノ

Iginla hasn't lit the world on fire while on Malkin's LW, so drop him to the 3rd instead of putting him with someone whom he'd likely have huge success with in Crosby?

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:28 PM
thecore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Agree with pretty much all of these thoughts. This is as close to a "no excuses" situation as a coach could possibly have. He has a loaded line-up with depth at every position. And more tellingly he still has not branched out much and tried new things as the losses / poor play mounts. He may or may not be on the hot seat, but he absolutely should be.

It could happen (especially if we lose tonight), but something tells me it won't. He's actually got more justification to fire him if we lose the series and he didn't interfere in any respect.

Firing mid-playoffs: so you think no chance we hire Tippett as an "Assistant" tomorrow, then? My day is ruined.
There is too much at stake with all we gave up at the deadline, so even if Shero wants to fire DB at this point (a big assumption), you better believe he would still rather step on DB's toes than lose the series.

thecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Muscles4Malkin
Better 2015-16?

When need of speed and physicality:

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Morrow - Vitale - Adams

Skill, creativity and scoring:

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Jokinen - Dupuis
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy

Toughness:

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Cooke
Glass - Vitale - Adams

Best mixture with some lack of toughness:

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Jokinen - Bennett
Cooke - Sutter/Vitale - Kennedy

Muscles4Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Hobodrifter

How about Vitale/Jokinen/Vitale for the fourth. Good on faceoffs, responsible defensively, much more offensive upside with the subtraction of Adams. Also faster. It just amazes me that Jokinen who has more points since coming here at the deadline than Adams has all season is the man who sits.

Last edited by Hobodrifter: 05-10-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: TK not Vitale twice
Hobodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Master Shake*

I am starting to question if we should resign Iginla or let him leave. Id hate to let him got without a full season to work things out. Personally id play Bennett over him at this point. We have to get Bennett back out there somewhere

Master Shake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:45 PM
JTG

Remember when Neal first got here?

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:04 PM
plaidchuck

What happened was the worst case scenario where chemistry would have to be developed for Iginla in the playoffs, if it took 4 games to do it so be it. And Bennett over who? Morrow? Sure why not, I just say close the series out asap then worry about minor tweaks.

plaidchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Illinest

I was just thinking about how much sutter has been making me forget staal. Can't win em all i guess. Still time on the prospects at least.

Illinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:27 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Start with this:
Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

And then go from there. That's all I ask.

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote