HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Honeymoon Over

Old
04-02-2013, 04:52 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Honeymoon Over

Well I just got my season ticket renewal package. Seems that the Lightning think it's ok to not raise my prices by an expected 10-20%. Oh no. The lockout and the garbage season must mean we need to raise priced over 200%.

This is ridiculous. I'm so pissed right now. They don't give two ***** about loyal fans at this point. I mean I expected an increase I'm not naive. But raising my package over 200%? Wow.

Guess my tenure as a STM is gonna be over. Enjoy my tickets Red Wings, Bruins, and Montreal fans.

And if it's anything like my increase around the forum, you can be damn sure it's gonna be 80% away fans at these games. Unbelievable.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:09 PM
AllAbout813

Man that's harsh. I really hope something changes because it doesn't seem right to jack them up that much, especially for renewals. Vinik and the rest of the executives have been doing an awesome job so far, but this seems like an all around bad move.

AllAbout813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

I've been waiting for this thread for a few days now. I guess I'm of two minds.

First off, I don't like the huge jump in prices. But, I'll renew because I can. Certainly am not going to give any grief to anybody who doesn't though. It's a lot of money.

OTOH, if we want nice things, we're gonna have to pay for them. Unless we want to try and compete in this new division as a budget team, the money has to come from somewhere. And our ST prices are still in the lower third of the league.

I'm going to leave the lockout out of it. Vinik may have voted in favor of it, but it certainly wasn't all on him. As far as this season, well I'm still optimistic. Playoffs are within reach, although it's not exactly realistic, and progress has been made for the future.

Last edited by ThunderAlleyNomad: 04-02-2013 at 05:18 PM.
ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:17 PM
IdealisticSniper

Oh and before anyon says it, no I'm not one of the $200 season ticket members from this season.

And I understand we have cheap prices to begin with, doesn't change the fact that a 200% increase in one season, especially after what's happened in the past year, is ridiculous.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Well I just got my season ticket renewal package. Seems that the Lightning think it's ok to not raise my prices by an expected 10-20%. Oh no. The lockout and the garbage season must mean we need to raise priced over 200%.

This is ridiculous. I'm so pissed right now. They don't give two ***** about loyal fans at this point. I mean I expected an increase I'm not naive. But raising my package over 200%? Wow.

Guess my tenure as a STM is gonna be over. Enjoy my tickets Red Wings, Bruins, and Montreal fans.

And if it's anything like my increase around the forum, you can be damn sure it's gonna be 80% away fans at these games. Unbelievable.
Whoa, what? 200%? Is this real life?

I'm not surprised it happened though. Vinik was holding off on raising ticket prices in the first few years and it was pretty clear to me that at some point the switch would be flipped and there'd be a large price hike.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:06 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I find it hard to believe your tickets went up 200% without being $9/seat uppers or something.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:41 PM
sludwig1974

I don't think mine went up at all...

sludwig1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:19 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I find it hard to believe your tickets went up 200% without being $9/seat uppers or something.
I made it up.