HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Second Round: #1 Halifax vs. #13 Gatineau

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 09:44 PM
  #151
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,344
vCash: 500
Fournier is the new Critchlow.

bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:03 AM
  #152
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Fournier was definitely the right choice when we had our pick of Victos 92's last summer ..... Not that this is news, I think we've said that all season, but what a great playoffs he's having.

On to the next one.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:19 AM
  #153
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,861
vCash: 500
Lol glad this series is over. The refereeing was brutal.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:02 AM
  #154
OMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
ref

ok was the reffing brutal both ways or one way? did you watch the games?I would say brutal both ways so that being said it was even! right?...and to the poster about drouin being tripped...yes he was tripped but it was the embellishment that got him 2 min...one thing with refs is don't embarass them cause they do have the power...watched all 4 games and i believe moose did have 24 pp with 2- 5 on 3's for the full two mins and a 5 min pp so i really think it is a mute point...moose one they were the better team

OMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:39 AM
  #155
TA1 Sports
@TA_Stephenson
 
TA1 Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Halifax NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggie View Post
watched all 4 games and i believe moose did have 24 pp with 2- 5 on 3's for the full two mins and a 5 min pp so i really think it is a mute point...moose one they were the better team
Well Gatineau is the most penalized team in the Q, so that's not really a great indication of how the refereeing was through out the series. The Halifax games were pretty average, no huge complaints.

Some of those Gatineau players are total jokes though, I sit between the benches and the amount of grease they were throwing at the Halifax players going to the bench was pretty nuts. Chapman, Emile Poirier, the usual suspects.

TA1 Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:25 PM
  #156
OMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
if your talking grease...i would just like to say that Fournier played great for the Mooose but I watch after the whistle...did he ever once go after Boutet or Number 5 noooo totally chirping 17 yr olds....and only then he would only do it when Boutet wasnt on the ice after Boutet pulled him out of a pile and asked him to go and he skated away....only two fights in last 2 yrs against his own age and one was when Boutet beat him up in Rimouski...so all players grease...dont think the moose arent the same

OMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:39 PM
  #157
Raimu
Registered User
 
Raimu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggie View Post
if your talking grease...i would just like to say that Fournier played great for the Mooose but I watch after the whistle...did he ever once go after Boutet or Number 5 noooo totally chirping 17 yr olds....and only then he would only do it when Boutet wasnt on the ice after Boutet pulled him out of a pile and asked him to go and he skated away....only two fights in last 2 yrs against his own age and one was when Boutet beat him up in Rimouski...so all players grease...dont think the moose arent the same
Why would Fournier want to play that game? Moose beat you up on the scoreboard.

Also there's a biiig difference between the Drouin "dive" and the Poirier dive. Poirier looked like he got hit by a sniper in the rafters.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:51 PM
  #158
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Poirier looked like he got hit by a sniper in the rafters.
Taioseach did tell us there's a "Ghost of the Bob"

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:26 PM
  #159
mapes
Moderator
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 23,435
vCash: 500
A sweep, as expected. We might even take the next one in 4 or 5. Has anyone ever went 16-0

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:26 PM
  #160
mapes
Moderator
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 23,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggie View Post
if your talking grease...i would just like to say that Fournier played great for the Mooose but I watch after the whistle...did he ever once go after Boutet or Number 5 noooo totally chirping 17 yr olds....and only then he would only do it when Boutet wasnt on the ice after Boutet pulled him out of a pile and asked him to go and he skated away....only two fights in last 2 yrs against his own age and one was when Boutet beat him up in Rimouski...so all players grease...dont think the moose arent the same
He was too busy beating them up on the scoreboard.

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:27 AM
  #161
TheTechNoir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Any of you Halifax folks going to any memorial cup games? I'm getting tickets in advance so I'm kinda banking on/hoping for Hfx to win. I figure if they don't, it should still be a great time and hopefully Portland makes it. Would be really cool to see Jones/Mac/Jon all in the memorial cup, a scout's wet-dream... But I'd be thrilled to see at least one of those two teams. I would enjoy cheering Drakkar or Blainville on as well. Prob going to go to Sask for the 21st, the first day a Q team plays, come back that night or the next morning for work, and then leave again (towards Sask) on the 24th, and stay until after the finals on the 26th. Go home again that night or next morning for work.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:28 AM
  #162
TheTechNoir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
A sweep, as expected. We might even take the next one in 4 or 5. Has anyone ever went 16-0
I think there was a perfect team in the 70s. SJ went 16-1, but not 16-0.

Honestly, if we face the huskies in the next round I think we do sweep them.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 04:17 AM
  #163
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggie View Post
ok was the reffing brutal both ways or one way? did you watch the games?I would say brutal both ways so that being said it was even! right?...and to the poster about drouin being tripped...yes he was tripped but it was the embellishment that got him 2 min...one thing with refs is don't embarass them cause they do have the power...watched all 4 games and i believe moose did have 24 pp with 2- 5 on 3's for the full two mins and a 5 min pp so i really think it is a mute point...moose one they were the better team
I watched every game and I'd say the Olympiques got the short end of the stick in Halifax and the Mooseheads got the short end of the stick in Hull.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:15 AM
  #164
Reesor01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
Taioseach did tell us there's a "Ghost of the Bob"
Undefeated at the Bob this year.


Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:02 AM
  #165
mapes
Moderator
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 23,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechNoir View Post
I think there was a perfect team in the 70s. SJ went 16-1, but not 16-0.

Honestly, if we face the huskies in the next round I think we do sweep them.
I don't think there's many we can't sweep. Not saying we would sweep them all but just saying we could. We ran away with first by a long shot, 1 loss in 23 games while Mac and Drouin missed time.

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:33 AM
  #166
TA1 Sports
@TA_Stephenson
 
TA1 Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Halifax NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I don't think there's many we can't sweep. Not saying we would sweep them all but just saying we could. We ran away with first by a long shot, 1 loss in 23 games while Mac and Drouin missed time.
I certainly don't think we're sweeping Baie Comeau or BB. Even if possible, I don't want them to, better go 5 games, or 7, I want this win on home ice!!!

TA1 Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:40 AM
  #167
Raimu
Registered User
 
Raimu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Dry Sports View Post
I certainly don't think we're sweeping Baie Comeau or BB. Even if possible, I don't want them to, better go 5 games, or 7, I want this win on home ice!!!
Its entirely possible. We haven't dropped decisions to either team this season.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:55 AM
  #168
Breakfast of Champs
Registered User
 
Breakfast of Champs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Dry Sports View Post
I certainly don't think we're sweeping Baie Comeau or BB. Even if possible, I don't want them to, better go 5 games, or 7, I want this win on home ice!!!
Won't it be 2-3-2? Meaning games 3-5 will be on the road and 6-7 in Halifax (hypothetically)

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 08:59 AM
  #169
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechNoir View Post
Any of you Halifax folks going to any memorial cup games? I'm getting tickets in advance so I'm kinda banking on/hoping for Hfx to win. I figure if they don't, it should still be a great time and hopefully Portland makes it. Would be really cool to see Jones/Mac/Jon all in the memorial cup, a scout's wet-dream... But I'd be thrilled to see at least one of those two teams. I would enjoy cheering Drakkar or Blainville on as well. Prob going to go to Sask for the 21st, the first day a Q team plays, come back that night or the next morning for work, and then leave again (towards Sask) on the 24th, and stay until after the finals on the 26th. Go home again that night or next morning for work.
I really want to go... Not sure if I will commit/be able to in time .... Also, we (the Q) play the dub on the 18th, so the 21st isn't the first day a Q team plays I believe...

And I wouldn't cheer for BC, or Blainville.... No offense, but I would like to see my team win, not the one that also benefited from the MacKinnon deal lol.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:03 AM
  #170
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Dry Sports View Post
I certainly don't think we're sweeping Baie Comeau or BB. Even if possible, I don't want them to, better go 5 games, or 7, I want this win on home ice!!!
Is it 2-3-2? Or the traditional way?

I'd love to see us play BC.. Competitve and a lot of storylines... I think a lot of Moose fans have been thinking this so I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself, but winning at home would be an incredible experience. When's the last time a Q team got to celebrate in front of 10,000+? It would be cool.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:19 AM
  #171
Reesor01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Semi-Finals and Finals are 2-2-1-1-1 regardless of proximity between the 2 teams. If there is a scheduling conflict, the teams can switch it with approval of the commissioner. Even with the added playoff revenue, it must take a chunk of money to charter flights if you're Baie-Comeau, Blainville or Rouyn-Noranda.

I wonder if it costs more or less to charter an Air Canada Jazz flight than it does to just fly commercial. I was surprised when I learned the Mooseheads chartered a flight from Halifax to Ottawa and back. It's not like Rouyn-Noranda or Baie-Comeau where there's no commercial flights available.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 11:25 AM
  #172
kris
No JDru for TB - yet
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Calgary via Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechNoir View Post
Any of you Halifax folks going to any memorial cup games? I'm getting tickets in advance so I'm kinda banking on/hoping for Hfx to win. I figure if they don't, it should still be a great time and hopefully Portland makes it. Would be really cool to see Jones/Mac/Jon all in the memorial cup, a scout's wet-dream... But I'd be thrilled to see at least one of those two teams. I would enjoy cheering Drakkar or Blainville on as well. Prob going to go to Sask for the 21st, the first day a Q team plays, come back that night or the next morning for work, and then leave again (towards Sask) on the 24th, and stay until after the finals on the 26th. Go home again that night or next morning for work.
Looking into it.

kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 11:43 AM
  #173
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
Is it 2-3-2? Or the traditional way?

I'd love to see us play BC.. Competitve and a lot of storylines... I think a lot of Moose fans have been thinking this so I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself, but winning at home would be an incredible experience. When's the last time a Q team got to celebrate in front of 10,000+? It would be cool.
I can tell you from first hand experience that there is NOTHING like experiencing your team win the league championship on home ice. Game 5 and an OT goal by Taylor Hall and the arena pretty much exploded!

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
  #174
Taoiseach
Moderator
Go Hull Go!
 
Taoiseach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechNoir View Post
I think there was a perfect team in the 70s. SJ went 16-1, but not 16-0.

Honestly, if we face the huskies in the next round I think we do sweep them.
The Olympiques went 15-0 in 1985-86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
Undefeated at the Bob this year.

As far as I know, you guys don't have a ghost, and our ghost wouldn't be dancing.

At least we got to see him for five games this year instead of two.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:22 PM
  #175
Reesor01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
The Olympiques went 15-0 in 1985-86



As far as I know, you guys don't have a ghost, and our ghost wouldn't be dancing.

At least we got to see him for five games this year instead of two.
We do have a ghost. His name is Sportsnet and he's quite evil. He might appear again on Friday April 26th if our next series goes 5 games. The Moose will have to bust this ghost if they have any shot at winning a Memorial Cup.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.