Notices

General OT Thread #28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 10:43 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Playoffs for my team tomorrow, do or die. 0-4 against this team all time. I don't want my season to end lol.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:40 AM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Spilled something a week or two back. Not a lot. Evidently didn't get it all out.
I spilled a bowl of cereal on my desk a few weeks back. It got all over my Art Pad. I was ****ing pissed. I set it out to dry for a few hours, cleaned it up, plugged 'er in and it was barely working.

A few days later, after I cooled down, I went back and tried it again and it works perfectly about 95% of the time. Not bad.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Up all night again. Could not sleep. Sick of this ****.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:54 AM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Up all night again. Could not sleep. Sick of this ****.
Maybe you'll sleep better if you watch this:

Old
04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Today has been a broken water heater type of day.
Everyone I talk to who buys a house has a broken water heater within the first year. I said that last week and the lady I was talking to said hers went out within a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Finally got that pesky W-2 form. Now I'll end up doing my taxes at my appointment on tax day itself (which also happens to be my birthday).
Hey, that's the same birthday as my ex. Condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Meanwhile, my mouse wheel broke. Great. Just great. Thankfully, it still clicks so I can browse up and down that way but scrolling doesn't work. Likely a hardware issue, since it just spins empty and when I forcefully press it down, it becomes almost stuck for a while until it releases itself and spins empty again.

Ugh.
I left my mouse out in the car last summer in 110 degree heat...the scroll wheel melted funny. Still works...sort of.

My old Logitech MX518 lasted me almost 10 years. Get attached to mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
My whole laptop keyboard broke this week.
Ugh. I have a sticky "W" key that drives me nuts on my Macbook Air. But would be pissed if my whole keyboard died.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:43 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Buy this. It is faaaaaantastic.

It's easily portable, it feels good, and most of all it impresses just about everybody who sees it when you turn it on/off by flattening it or bending it.
Beat me to it. This thing is sick. People will think it's a phone

Old
04-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

TL 70! Already over the half way of my 165 day military service, but the next months are gonna probably be the roughest, with half a dozen of 3-5 day camps, a 30+ km march and added with alot of hate for our antitank weaponry and our pathetic "track-truck" infantry vehicles. But its kinda enjoyable to do something challenging for my service, rather than getting relatively easy jobs at signal or maintenance and get no real excperiences out of this.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
TL 70! Already over the half way of my 165 day military service, but the next months are gonna probably be the roughest, with half a dozen of 3-5 day camps, a 30+ km march and added with alot of hate for our antitank weaponry and our pathetic "track-truck" infantry vehicles. But its kinda enjoyable to do something challenging for my service, rather than getting relatively easy jobs at signal or maintenance and get no real excperiences out of this.
Ooooh yes, the dreaded KES. I frickin' HATED using it.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Foxlockbox

Quote:
Ooooh yes, the dreaded KES. I frickin' HATED using it.
KES is nothing (M72 Law and its modernized versions). Try APILAS, NLAW, or PST2000 30kg~ missile backbag. Atm I luckily have to carry only Apilas, but my wartime placement is NLAW shooter, while on that course carrying NLAW and KES was pretty damn uncomforable. It either strangles you abit, hurts your collarbone or numbs your left arm.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
KES is nothing (M72 Law and its modernized versions). Try APILAS, NLAW, or PST2000 30kg~ missile backbag. Atm I luckily have to carry only Apilas, but my wartime placement is NLAW shooter, while on that course carrying NLAW and KES was pretty damn uncomforable. It either strangles you abit, hurts your collarbone or numbs your left arm.
Yeah, KES weighs next to nothing but using it was a pain in the ass, especially the trigger which must be work of someone who never thought it would be actually used.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Foxlockbox

Quote:
Yeah, KES weighs next to nothing but using it was a pain in the ass, especially the trigger which must be work of someone who never thought it would be actually used.
Its cos most practice models are worn out, the trigger feels ******, but sipi, harakki and hard shots have pretty decent feel to the trigger.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

What's everyone's biggest pet peeve when they order food at a restaurant ?

Old
04-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I hate when waiters interrupt your meal. Go away. If I need you, I'll find you. Especially if I'm eating or having a conversation. It's incredibly rude.

I don't understand why there can't just be a little button at the table that you can push when you want someone to come over, and it lights up your table on a computer up front, then they send someone over.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:11 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I hate when waiters interrupt your meal. Go away. If I need you, I'll find you. Especially if I'm eating or having a conversation. It's incredibly rude.

I don't understand why there can't just be a little button at the table that you can push when you want someone to come over, and it lights up your table on a computer up front, then they send someone over.
Like that chip they use at Fogo de Chao.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Dudicles

Quote:

Agreed. Or as soon as they see you've cleaned your plate or bowl, they've just got to get it off the table. Rush you to leave so they can get the next wallet in the seat.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah, seriously. Even when the place is dead, and I'm still eating. "Want me to take your plate?" "Can you not see that I'm literally chewing my food right now?"

Worst was Pinstripes in Edina, wow. They tried to grab my plate while I was literally cutting up my food. Like, walked over to my table, interrupted the meal, reached across me, and grabbed my plate to try and lift it up.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:43 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Well campus decided to close at 3. But I had class at 2 that wasn't cancelled and that's a participation-driven class, grade-wise. So now I'm stuck in a computer lab at UMD until the roads are not horrible so I can get home.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Dudicles

Quote:
Yeah, seriously. Even when the place is dead, and I'm still eating. "Want me to take your plate?" "Can you not see that I'm literally chewing my food right now?"

Worst was Pinstripes in Edina, wow. They tried to grab my plate while I was literally cutting up my food. Like, walked over to my table, interrupted the meal, reached across me, and grabbed my plate to try and lift it up.
Sheesh, did you stab him with your fork?

Old
04-11-2013, 04:36 PM
tyratoku

Old
04-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Wrapped up House of Cards last night. Awesome. I can't recall the first season of any show being quite as good.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
What's everyone's biggest pet peeve when they order food at a restaurant ?
Paying for a premium product and getting frozen ****.

There is a restaraunt here in my area who actually advertised Copper River Salmon, now out here CR Salmon is a big ****ing deal, so big that the first arrival of it to the state makes the news with actual shots of the plane that brought it down from Alaska. This **** is beyond delicious and expensive. Well this particular establishment advertised they had it in and my wife and i went to eat there for the first time and one bite in i spit it out and called the waiter over and told him that for the amount of money i was spending he better find some fresh CR Salmon. He said "sir it is fresh frozen", with a straight face he said that to me. Now i come from the fine dining world, spent a lot of years of my life in that business and i wanted to slap him across the face for uttering those words to me. That's the kind of **** a Dennys or Perkins would say.

Needless to say my wife and I left.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:03 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Wrapped up House of Cards last night. Awesome. I can't recall the first season of any show being quite as good.
Can't wait for season 2, loved how season 1 unfolded. Kevin spacey is amazing.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Uberdachen

Quote:

I hate having to find my server when I need something. Good servers know and take care of it with minimum intrusion.

My biggest pet peeve is tipping. By far. I don't like that rewarding good service has resulted in restaurants being allowed to insufficiently pay its workers and leave the task of rectifying this unfair pay structure to the *** **** customer. I'm not paying to do management and accounting work. And I know I have to, because if you don't tip you're taking it out on the wrong people.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberdachen View Post
I hate having to find my server when I need something. Good servers know and take care of it with minimum intrusion.

My biggest pet peeve is tipping. By far. I don't like that rewarding good service has resulted in restaurants being allowed to insufficiently pay its workers and leave the task of rectifying this unfair pay structure to the *** **** customer. I'm not paying to do management and accounting work. And I know I have to, because if you don't tip you're taking it out on the wrong people.
Ooh, I agree with tipping. We've been programmed in America to not really think about it too much, but you're spot on. A tip should be just that--a tip for excellent service, not a needed part of income because your hourly pay is near or under minimum wage.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

That damn bunny ain't got much luck it appears.

Closed Thread