HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General OT Thread #28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2013, 02:50 AM
  #426
Lapa
Global Moderator
Road Ice Advantage
 
Lapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 7,422
vCash: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Turned 20 years old today. Feels weird to no longer be considered a teenager.
Happy birthday!

Lapa is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 06:53 AM
  #427
Vashanesh
Nope.
 
Vashanesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 2,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
To Vashanesh, Engebretson, and Jarick who are all getting married soon. I got Brad Paisley's new album this week and there was an absolutely hilarious song on it. I can't find it on youtube yet, but it's played slow and twangy and here are the lyrics:

Remember when we got the news
Confirming our worst fears.
I said he wouldn't make it six months
And others gave him a year.

And sure enough, last Saturday
We paid our last respects.
He left us here, still in this life
And he's gone on to the next.

I've never seen him wear a tie
But he looked so natural, almost lifelike.
The preacher spoke, his mother cried
When he said "Son, you may now kiss the bride."

Everyone cheered, I thought "How odd"
I didn't understand
Why with champagne and cake, we celebrate
The death of a single man.

So many flowers, he was so loved,
Prior to the bride
As a matter of fact, the maid of honor
Should be disqualified.

To all his friends, it's a wake-up call
If it happened to him, it can happen to us all.
Nothing says it's over man,
Like a bad 80's cover band.
How can we dance to "My Sharona"
At the death of a single man.

He was so young, so full of dreams,
Before the day he fell.
Now he's gone on to a better place,
Or possibly to hell.

Now here we are, seems so unfair,
It's poker night and there's one empty chair.
So many things, we're gonna miss
His happy smile and that great laugh of his.

I think of him in the after-wife (life)
I guess all good things must end.
So with Jack and Coke we'll make a toast
To the death of a single man


I already told my girlfriend that when we get married it's being played at our wedding. After she listened to it she agreed.

Great album, by the way. Anybody who likes country should try it.
That is pretty good, I just can't stand country, so that's a pass.

Very funny, though.

Vashanesh is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 07:31 AM
  #428
tyratoku
Registered User
 
tyratoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,527
vCash: 500
I have an interview in about two hours at a daycare place. It's not really an interview so much as throwing me into a room with 10-15 kids and seeing how I act/play with them for an hour. After that I get an actual interview and from there hopefully I get hired.

Last summer I tried getting a job at a daycare run through my hometown's school system but never got it. This summer, I wanted to work a desk job at the Amazon call center here(I was nearly hired last summer, but couldn't find a place to stay so I had to go home to Minnesota), but they are apparently not having that opening this summer.

So it was either this daycare place as a fulltime job, or patching together a handful of part-time jobs to get by. Kids > Working with food any and every day of the week. The ONLY place that deals with food that I would ever work is Chipotle, and even then I probably would not do it if there was an opportunity to work elsewhere.

Wish me luck guys and girls.

tyratoku is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 07:34 AM
  #429
Kaptain
WarBortles
 
Kaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,568
vCash: 500
I can barely post anything, keeps popping up that my DST settings updated. Over and over and over.
What the ****?

Kaptain is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 09:16 AM
  #430
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
I have an interview in about two hours at a daycare place. It's not really an interview so much as throwing me into a room with 10-15 kids and seeing how I act/play with them for an hour. After that I get an actual interview and from there hopefully I get hired.

Last summer I tried getting a job at a daycare run through my hometown's school system but never got it. This summer, I wanted to work a desk job at the Amazon call center here(I was nearly hired last summer, but couldn't find a place to stay so I had to go home to Minnesota), but they are apparently not having that opening this summer.

So it was either this daycare place as a fulltime job, or patching together a handful of part-time jobs to get by. Kids > Working with food any and every day of the week. The ONLY place that deals with food that I would ever work is Chipotle, and even then I probably would not do it if there was an opportunity to work elsewhere.

Wish me luck guys and girls.
Good luck, you are absolute crazy.

Jarick is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
  #431
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,938
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaw View Post
I can barely post anything, keeps popping up that my DST settings updated. Over and over and over.
What the ****?
User CP -> Edit Options on the left side -> Automatically detect DST settings -> Off. Used to do the same to me, too, until I turned it off.

Puhis is online now  
Old
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
  #432
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Good luck, you are absolute crazy.


Thinking the same. Couldn't imagine being around more kids than mine for any sort or duration of time...

I also couldn't work at Chipotle. Mainly because I'd probably want to eat burritos all day. Likely counter productive.

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 10:30 AM
  #433
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post


Thinking the same. Couldn't imagine being around more kids than mine for any sort or duration of time...

I also couldn't work at Chipotle. Mainly because I'd probably want to eat burritos all day. Likely counter productive.
In all honesty after about the 3rd one you'd probably pass out and take a nap. those things are gigantic.

forthewild is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 10:39 AM
  #434
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,069
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
To Vashanesh, Engebretson, and Jarick who are all getting married soon. I got Brad Paisley's new album this week and there was an absolutely hilarious song on it. I can't find it on youtube yet, but it's played slow and twangy and here are the lyrics:

Remember when we got the news
Confirming our worst fears.
I said he wouldn't make it six months
And others gave him a year.

And sure enough, last Saturday
We paid our last respects.
He left us here, still in this life
And he's gone on to the next.

I've never seen him wear a tie
But he looked so natural, almost lifelike.
The preacher spoke, his mother cried
When he said "Son, you may now kiss the bride."

Everyone cheered, I thought "How odd"
I didn't understand
Why with champagne and cake, we celebrate
The death of a single man.

So many flowers, he was so loved,
Prior to the bride
As a matter of fact, the maid of honor
Should be disqualified.

To all his friends, it's a wake-up call
If it happened to him, it can happen to us all.
Nothing says it's over man,
Like a bad 80's cover band.
How can we dance to "My Sharona"
At the death of a single man.

He was so young, so full of dreams,
Before the day he fell.
Now he's gone on to a better place,
Or possibly to hell.

Now here we are, seems so unfair,
It's poker night and there's one empty chair.
So many things, we're gonna miss
His happy smile and that great laugh of his.

I think of him in the after-wife (life)
I guess all good things must end.
So with Jack and Coke we'll make a toast
To the death of a single man


I already told my girlfriend that when we get married it's being played at our wedding. After she listened to it she agreed.

Great album, by the way. Anybody who likes country should try it.
I've not heard that one yet, but Brad Paisley is probably one of the only Country artists I can stand for a prolonged period of time.

Also, I might need to insert this into the DJ's playlist, so thanks for that

Engebretson is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 10:39 AM
  #435
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
In all honesty after about the 3rd one you'd probably pass out and take a nap. those things are gigantic.
Challenge accepted.

this providence is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
  #436
Uberdachen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pants.
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Don't make me have to eat Chipotle today. When I had it last week I was still starving afterward.

Uberdachen is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 11:38 AM
  #437
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,517
vCash: 500
Don't tease me with chipotle. Dammit Duluth.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
  #438
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,069
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberdachen View Post
Don't make me have to eat Chipotle today. When I had it last week I was still starving afterward.
Sounds like you went into a Burrito-induced coma and woke up the next day. Happens to me all the time.

Engebretson is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
  #439
tyratoku
Registered User
 
tyratoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,527
vCash: 500
I went to the daycare place and I was put with a bunch of 4-5 year old kids for an hour. It was pretty fun once I realized what was going on. After the hour was up I had a formal interview with the director that went well. I was asked whether I would like to stick to the 4-5 year old group or rather go with the school age group, which I think is kids 6-10. So I am going back at 3:30 today once the school age kids show up to decide which I would rather work with if I was hired. I think I'd rather work with the older kids because they go on field trips to parks to play sports and go swimming and go to the zoo once. So that would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Good luck, you are absolute crazy.
Ha. It'll be fun, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post


Thinking the same. Couldn't imagine being around more kids than mine for any sort or duration of time...

I also couldn't work at Chipotle. Mainly because I'd probably want to eat burritos all day. Likely counter productive.
Kids are fun. Challenging and always changing. Days will probably never get boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I've not heard that one yet, but Brad Paisley is probably one of the only Country artists I can stand for a prolonged period of time.

Also, I might need to insert this into the DJ's playlist, so thanks for that
Brad Paisley is fun. That song I posted about it pretty much sung like a funeral song. It's pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Don't tease me with chipotle. Dammit Duluth.
Same. I'm in Grand Forks and there are none. There's a Qdoba up here...but **** that noise. It's not nearly as good.

tyratoku is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 02:25 PM
  #440
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,804
vCash: 50
No sleep again last night. Altho I kind of have a lame excuse this time.

Blahhhh I'm tired and if I go to bed I'll probably sleep through the game/

Avder is online now  
Old
04-16-2013, 02:36 PM
  #441
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,804
vCash: 50
Uggh screw it, gonna set like 3 different alarm clocks to staggered times and pray like hell that I get woken up in time.

Avder is online now  
Old
04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
  #442
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Country: United States
Posts: 17,991
vCash: 1000
As always: Pancheros > Chipotle.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 02:48 PM
  #443
Uberdachen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pants.
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Sounds like you went into a Burrito-induced coma and woke up the next day. Happens to me all the time.
Actually, I had a bag of chips, some fruit, a pile of baby swiss Cheez-Its and then went home and had three more smaller burritos for supper. And maybe a hot dog.

Uberdachen is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 03:15 PM
  #444
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,938
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Uggh screw it, gonna set like 3 different alarm clocks to staggered times and pray like hell that I get woken up in time.
I always connect my phone to the amplifier, and set the volume between "Neighbors calling the cops" and "Nuclear apocalypse". It works. Reason for the high volume? I sleep deep. Really deep. I've had occasions where I woke up about 3 minutes after the alarm had gone off. And realize, upon waking up, that the music actually was loud enough.

It's passable when I have to wake up in the morning, but I'm feeling quite tired right now and the game starts in 5 hours... that's 4:30 AM. Neighbors must love me.

Puhis is online now  
Old
04-16-2013, 07:56 PM
  #445
tyratoku
Registered User
 
tyratoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,527
vCash: 500

tyratoku is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
  #446
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,804
vCash: 50
Barely got any sleep, but my multiple alarm system worked.

Avder is online now  
Old
04-16-2013, 09:56 PM
  #447
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,433
vCash: 500
Had the worst day at work and a long day overall..

Everyone there is lazy.. I do all the cleaning...

One of my coworkers was all *****y cause I just happened to be in her way..

Manager tells my boss that I swore in front of a customer yesterday...

Here's one, maybe I should tell him that you and 2 others likely got baked after I left considering your co-workers friend was rolling the joint as we worked...

****ing ********.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now  
Old
04-16-2013, 10:07 PM
  #448
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,580
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Chris Nolan is involved, that alone makes it worth checking out.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 10:56 PM
  #449
tyratoku
Registered User
 
tyratoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,527
vCash: 500
Oh yeah, I got that job. I'm going to be spending the summer working with 5-11 year olds going on field trips to parks, waterparks, malls, zoos, restaurants, and playgrounds every day for the entire summer.

Haters gonna haaaaaaaaaaaate

tyratoku is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 11:17 PM
  #450
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Oh yeah, I got that job. I'm going to be spending the summer working with 5-11 year olds going on field trips to parks, waterparks, malls, zoos, restaurants, and playgrounds every day for the entire summer.

Haters gonna haaaaaaaaaaaate
Congrats! That should be fun and at the very least you'll find out fast how little you want to have kids.

It's the best type of abstinence.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.