HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General OT Thread #28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 12:29 AM
  #876
Avder
Animated to Explode
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: (_o)/
Country: United States
Posts: 38,990
vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTOTHEVOID View Post
There is a single green one, and then the optical one.
Is the green one like a headphone jack, or like the RCA connectors (the red and white ones on your stereo)?

Avder is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:30 AM
  #877
INTOTHEVOID
Go right.
 
INTOTHEVOID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Is the green one like a headphone jack, or like the RCA connectors (the red and white ones on your stereo)?
It looks like a headphone one, it's a little bit smaller.

INTOTHEVOID is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:32 AM
  #878
Avder
Animated to Explode
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: (_o)/
Country: United States
Posts: 38,990
vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTOTHEVOID View Post
It looks like a headphone one, it's a little bit smaller.
Is it actually smaller or does it just look smaller? Will a set of headphones plug into it?

Avder is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:46 AM
  #879
INTOTHEVOID
Go right.
 
INTOTHEVOID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Is it actually smaller or does it just look smaller? Will a set of headphones plug into it?
It seems that headphones are not intended to go into it

INTOTHEVOID is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:51 AM
  #880
Dee Oh Cee
Registered User
 
Dee Oh Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Eagan
Country: United States
Posts: 8,256
vCash: 500
AbeSimpson.gif

Dee Oh Cee is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:52 AM
  #881
Engebretson
The Bruce is Loose
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 9,428
vCash: 1387
I finally get to post for the first time as a married man!

Yesterday went pretty great but it went by a little too ridiculously fast and has pretty much been a blur until an hour or two ago. Seriously can't wait for the pictures and video to come back, it was a pretty awesome day.

Anyway, we leave for the airport tomorrow where we'll eventually get to Miami and hop on a boat to the Bahamas. Pretty psyched but it pretty much guarantees I miss Game 4. I think the only Sports channel they get on the boat is ESPN Deportes which is basically just soccer clips.

Oh well, everyone be good while I'm gone, don't stop the party, and I'll see you in a week!

Engebretson is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:58 AM
  #882
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Congrats!

Have a nice trip.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:04 AM
  #883
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I finally get to post for the first time as a married man!

Yesterday went pretty great but it went by a little too ridiculously fast and has pretty much been a blur until an hour or two ago. Seriously can't wait for the pictures and video to come back, it was a pretty awesome day.

Anyway, we leave for the airport tomorrow where we'll eventually get to Miami and hop on a boat to the Bahamas. Pretty psyched but it pretty much guarantees I miss Game 4. I think the only Sports channel they get on the boat is ESPN Deportes which is basically just soccer clips.

Oh well, everyone be good while I'm gone, don't stop the party, and I'll see you in a week!
Congratulations Engie on one of the happiest days of your life!

While it sucks you'll likely miss Game 4, that doesn't matter. You will always remember these playoffs (and yesterday's win)

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:07 AM
  #884
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTOTHEVOID View Post
So I don't know much about HD televisions, blu-ray players and the like, and I'm trying to figure out what I need to make this work...

I have an HD television with the sound system hooked up directly to the comcast box for cable television, how can I get the sound system to work with the blu-ray player/xbox 360 without having to switch cords around
I run HDMI cables into the TV from all my sources (cable box, PS3, Apple TV) then run the digital audio out (optical) into my stereo. The stereo is just always left on in the digital input, just switch inputs on the TV.

Jarick is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:13 AM
  #885
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,539
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
My HDMI cable broke yesterday so I have to use a VGA for my PC. I think the other cable still works, the one I use for my PS3.

Well, at least I don't have to change cables any more when I want to play PS3, so that's a plus.

Puhis is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:26 AM
  #886
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 15,277
vCash: 827
Gotta give my presentation in less than an hour. Running through it in practice it's around 9 minutes in length, which probably means 5-6 minutes when I give it since I'll forget stuff and talk fast. Almost threw up when I woke up from being so nervous.

Billy Mays Here* is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:51 PM
  #887
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,250
vCash: 500
Brought in and heated up some chili for lunch. Saw I still had a good amount of homemade mac and cheese and beef from last week. Chili mac and cheese for lunch. Awesome.

Jarick is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:58 PM
  #888
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 15,277
vCash: 827
Presentation went better than expected. I didn't even feel nervous up there at all. No blushing, no stuttering, nothing. Stayed within the time limit, now the rest of the semester is downhill from here.

Billy Mays Here* is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:59 PM
  #889
tomgilbertfan
#WhyBother
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
Presentation went better than expected. I didn't even feel nervous up there at all. No blushing, no stuttering, nothing. Stayed within the time limit, now the rest of the semester is downhill from here.
Presentations are nerve-wracking right up until they start. Actually presenting is a piece of cake compared to the ore-presentation stress.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
  #890
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,250
vCash: 500
I would prepare well for them, make notes, practice, and try to simplify things to stay within my time frame. Then just forget about it beforehand. Never was one to worry or dwell on things.

Same when I was in rock bands...just get on stage and play. Same with hockey...just put the stuff on and play. Don't ever think about it.

Jarick is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 05:24 PM
  #891
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,342
vCash: 500
I know it's not good to approach girls at the gym while working out... (I wanted to today but I knew better)

What about if I'm at like DQ or some **** I think the cashier is cut ? I've gone in twice and it's been the same one, I want to say something but I don't k is what or how to do it:

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 05:31 PM
  #892
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,250
vCash: 500
Dude if there's a girl who looks cute, just ask how it's going and go from there. She'll either make polite small talk, shut you down, or if she perks up, keep talking to her!

Jarick is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 06:31 PM
  #893
Avder
Animated to Explode
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: (_o)/
Country: United States
Posts: 38,990
vCash: 64
Someone wrote "ass hole michael" on the rear bumper of my car some time in the last day or so in black magic marker. That's not my name, so I'm wondering who this michael guy is and what he did that pissed someone off enough that they went and vandalized the wrong car. Oh well. Sprayed some all purpose cleaner on it and it came off in a few seconds.

*shrug*

Avder is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 06:45 PM
  #894
Kari Takko
Registered User
 
Kari Takko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Metro, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I know it's not good to approach girls at the gym while working out... (I wanted to today but I knew better)

What about if I'm at like DQ or some **** I think the cashier is cut ? I've gone in twice and it's been the same one, I want to say something but I don't k is what or how to do it:
Girl, you so fine, it's RiDQulous! Boom... you're in.

Kari Takko is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 07:32 PM
  #895
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 25,952
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I know it's not good to approach girls at the gym while working out... (I wanted to today but I knew better)

What about if I'm at like DQ or some **** I think the cashier is cut ? I've gone in twice and it's been the same one, I want to say something but I don't k is what or how to do it:
as long as you don't lick the icecream cone suggestively. that'll probably send the wrong message.


to jaricks chili with mac thing...lazy dad meal today for the toddler was leftover mac + extra sloppy-joe meat (ran out of buns). so good. and peas of course. gotta eat the veggies.

rynryn is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:00 PM
  #896
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,539
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Someone wrote "ass hole michael" on the rear bumper of my car some time in the last day or so in black magic marker. That's not my name, so I'm wondering who this michael guy is and what he did that pissed someone off enough that they went and vandalized the wrong car. Oh well. Sprayed some all purpose cleaner on it and it came off in a few seconds.

*shrug*
Yeah, I once got into a fight in Germany. Some middle-aged guy thought I was some Danish guy who insulted them in a bar over a soccer game or something and started insulting me and pushing me. I punched the guy in the face without warning, and then proceeded to explain that I'm Finnish and don't even follow soccer as we suck in it.

He bought me a drink. Not kidding. I punched him in the face and probably broke some of his teeth, and he bought me a ****ing drink. I love Germany.

Puhis is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:03 PM
  #897
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Dude if there's a girl who looks cute, just ask how it's going and go from there. She'll either make polite small talk, shut you down, or if she perks up, keep talking to her!
How do I know if its going well ? If she goes with it ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:13 PM
  #898
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 25,952
vCash: 50
take her picture, try to image search her, and stalk her on facebook.

rynryn is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:15 PM
  #899
tomgilbertfan
#WhyBother
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
take her picture, try to image search her, and stalk her on facebook.
And then go talk to her and bring up very specific things you found out while stalking her.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:26 PM
  #900
Minnewildsota
Registered User
 
Minnewildsota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
How do I know if its going well ? If she goes with it ?
If you can't tell when it's going well with women, you probably shouldn't be asking them out.

Short, direct answers = Not interested.
If she asks questions about you, that aren't "What about you?" = You're in like flynn.

Example:

"How are you?"
"Good." or "Good. You?"
"Favorite music?"
"Country. (You?)"

Minnewildsota is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.