Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General OT Thread #28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 09:24 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 500
Oh the joys of seeing the other half every single day. I swear the only reason my parents are still together after 30 years is because I take dad to the hockey games and random nights to the bar

Old
04-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Dudicles

I have had the joy this week of cancelling my vacation plans to Prague next week because our Ops Manager flaked out and quit Monday night...two or three weeks after repeatedly raging about a guy we had who gave a one week notice. Nice.

Couldn't even do it face to face either. Had to send an email and come in the middle of the night to get his stuff. To quote an HF favorite word: Classy.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:30 AM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
I have had the joy this week of cancelling my vacation plans to Prague next week because our Ops Manager flaked out and quit Monday night...two or three weeks after repeatedly raging about a guy we had who gave a one week notice. Nice.

Couldn't even do it face to face either. Had to send an email and come in the middle of the night to get his stuff. To quote an HF favorite word: Classy.
I would give him three and a half classless subbans out of four.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:33 AM
BigT2002

Quote:

I wouldn't have cancelled it dude. Prague is amazing and it sounds like you needed the time away

Old
04-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
I wouldn't have cancelled it dude. Prague is amazing and it sounds like you needed the time away
It is amazing. I went there last year for a week, and wanted to make it an annual trip.

Unfortunately, someone needs to help run the company (we're pretty small, so a manager leaving makes some fairly large gaps to fill). We're in a pretty critical juncture, and some stability and guidance is needed to keep things moving on the path many here have worked so hard to get on. All in all--while it does suck big time--the big picture is worth a cancelled vacation.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
There should be an emoticon for that...

Old
04-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
Road Ice Advantage

vCash: 1068
Love Prague as well. Went there last year for a week.

Beautiful city, cheap prices, good food and the beer is fantastic. Only bad thing about it is that there's too many tourists sometimes.

Also, sucks that you had to cancel your vacation.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Quote:
There should be an emoticon for that...

Old
04-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Simple, yet effective!

Old
04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post

Beautiful city, cheap prices, good food and the beer is fantastic. Only bad thing about it is that there's too many tourists sometimes.

My little slice of heaven on Earth is Negril, Jamaica. Wife and I go down for a week to 10 days every December...Anytime I get stressed out, I just close my eyes and envision myself laying on that white beach with sand as soft as sugar and water as clear as any place I've even been. I have an ice cold Red Stripe in one hand and a lit ****** in the other, wife on my side and some mellow reggae softly playing nearby.

Ya mon.

Once you go, you know.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post

Also, sucks that you had to cancel your vacation.
Man, the beer really is great. Last year in our wanderings there, my buddy and I found the "Prague Beer Museum," which had 30 different beers on tap. Needless to say, we went there every night.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
Road Ice Advantage

Quote:
Man, the beer really is great. Last year in our wanderings there, my buddy and I found the "Prague Beer Museum," which had 30 different beers on tap. Needless to say, we went there every night.
We couldn't find the damn place, and had no time to search for it!

Needless to say, I was sad I couldn't visit it.

Oh how do I miss a pint of Pilsner Urquell for 1 euro. It's 6 euros here. (1€ = 1,28$)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
My little slice of heaven on Earth is Negril, Jamaica. Wife and I go down for a week to 10 days every December...Anytime I get stressed out, I just close my eyes and envision myself laying on that white beach with sand as soft as sugar and water as clear as any place I've even been. I have an ice cold Red Stripe in one hand and a lit ****** in the other, wife on my side and some mellow reggae softly playing nearby.

Ya mon.

Once you go, you know.

That does sound great. Too bad trips to Jamaica from Finland cost a fortune.

My favourite place I've visited is probably NYC or D.C. Liked both a lot. I liked D.C. a bit more because of the historical sightseeing.

Last edited by Lapa: 04-05-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Dudicles

I haven't been to too many places outside of the states, but my most favorite places I've been to have been Preikestolen (Pulpit Rock) in Norway. We stayed at a hostel in the mountains, with the front door view being a pristine lake. Actually, this is the place: http://www.fjordnorway.com/en/Product/?TLp=385568

The other has been the Faroe Islands. Talk about the opposite of Minnesota--no trees, grassy mountains, surrounded by the ocean...and sheep! This town has a steep staircase down to the ocean, with an amazing view of the waterfall. http://faroeislands.dk/pages/GasadalurIndex.htm

Old
04-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
Road Ice Advantage

Pretty exotic places! Sounds great.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

How would you rank the top lines in the NHL?

New favorite thread!

People getting pretty creative.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:39 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I was google searching this but I couldn't find it earlier. Good find.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

"Proficient in Googling"

On my resume you go!

Old
04-05-2013, 02:42 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post

Ya mon.

Once you go, you know.

Key West, FL for me. Annual trip I take with my best friend and his wife and family from Chicago. Fly first class so I can drink the entire way down and recover on the way back in peace and quiet. The bars are amazing, the food is incredible, and its a temperate 80 degrees the entire time I swear. Sunsets are perfect and the SCUBA diving is always a trip.

Next in line after that is Cabo every year with my other best friend and his wife out in DC.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
My preferred holiday destination is my friend's place in Kirkkonummi (15 miles from here) because I can't afford to go anywhere else.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Scheduled a $40 hair cut. This better be mind blowingly awesome.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:35 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Scheduled a $40 hair cut. This better be mind blowingly awesome.
Pitbull cut?

Old
04-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

One month away from the wedding. Got a busy weekend here of finalizing a bunch of things but I'm sure the chaos will be worth it.

Speaking of vacations, we go on our honeymoon right after the wedding. 4 night cruise on Royal Caribbean to the Bahamas. It'll be my second cruise and the future Mrs' first. Seriously can't wait.

Old
04-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
One month away from the wedding. Got a busy weekend here of finalizing a bunch of things but I'm sure the chaos will be worth it.

Speaking of vacations, we go on our honeymoon right after the wedding. 4 night cruise on Royal Caribbean to the Bahamas. It'll be my second cruise and the future Mrs' first. Seriously can't wait.
Congratulations! Sounds like a fun time.

On a little side Now that I am in my late twenty's I have found weddings to usually be the best parties. You start out with a good meal, and you have free beer or if you are really lucky an open bar. They are pretty much filled with people you know so no random a#$ holes ruining things unless your crazy uncle drinks too much. Fun stuff.

Old
04-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Karl

Can't wait next week my lady friend are going to the Wild/Jackets game! After all these trades it should be a hell of a game! It will be her first Wild game so she is excited. First going to the MOA then going to Tom Ried's and we are checking in at the Embassy Suites. Drink some more and then they have complimentary happy hour starting at 5:00. After the game I am taking her Sakura she is a sushi junkie. Then in the morning the hotel has a complimentary breakfast with cooks that will make you made to order omelets. It is going to be awesome.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Good God I'm having one hell of a time just getting my W-2 form so I can do my taxes. Had a hard time finding where to get it on the website, then it re-directs me to another website, and now it says I need some code UPS supposedly gave me when I started work there in order to register for the website and get it. Needless to say I have no idea what that code is and I guess I'll have to wait til' Monday so I can call the HR office and hopefully they can help me out.

Closed Thread