HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ben Bishop for Curtis Glencross

Old
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
That is a bad idea. This is why Bishop makes so much sense for the Flames. If you really believe that Ramo can be a starter for you, you need to insulate him in a tandem. You can't just throw him out into your net and cross your fingers, Flames fans realize that, right?
You realize that we could just as easily re-sign MacDonald and problem solved? We aren't competing for a playoff spot who cares if they struggle?

Giving up significant assets for a goalie that has played 23 good games in the nhl isn't insurance.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
That is a bad idea. This is why Bishop makes so much sense for the Flames. If you really believe that Ramo can be a starter for you, you need to insulate him in a tandem. You can't just throw him out into your net and cross your fingers, Flames fans realize that, right?
We just did that.

Thanks.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Gary83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
No we don't realize that.

I guess we figured if Ramo or our goalies don't work out we can always pull him and play 6 on 5. 60 min PP.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s

Quote:
The Flames can land a goalie through FA for nothing. It's wise to evaluate what you have before you spend on something else.

I could see the Flames acquiring Al Montoya at FA. Try and resurrect his career.

The only way a Bishop for GlenX trade goes down is if Ottawa is throwing in their 1st. Minimum.

The Ultimate Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:12 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
The Flames can land a goalie through FA for nothing. It's wise to evaluate what you have before you spend on something else.

I could see the Flames acquiring Al Montoya at FA. Try and resurrect his career.

The only way a Bishop for GlenX trade goes down is if Ottawa is throwing in their 1st. Minimum.
lol.....Feaster gave away Iggy.....dont expect him to all of a sudden become a competent GM

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:14 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Just look what Derek Roy brought.....then ask yourself, is Roy better than GlenX? .....your answer?

Old
04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
Just look what Derek Roy brought.....then ask yourself, is Roy better than GlenX? .....your answer?
Perhaps now ask where is Roy going to play next year and for how much?

Old
madmike77

Quote:
Flames should just keep him. I doubt they want any part of Bishop. They already had Ramo and just added another goalie prospect, who sounds like he's coming to NA next year. Neither is proven, but then neither is Bishop.

This rumour is just the usual BS that comes out at this time of the year.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post

This is what's wrong with the entire Flames organization. No, you cannot just sign a goaltender in free agency, it never works out for teams. You need to acquire a young guy who can tandem with Ramo and push him - if Ramo is even in the plans. Why do you think Bishop to the Flames was a rumour in the first place?

Montoya? Wow...bad news for the Flames if your management thinks that way. Bad news anyway, but worse if that's even possible.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Perhaps now ask where is Roy going to play next year and for how much?
cow town?

Old
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
This is what's wrong with the entire Flames organization. No, you cannot just sign a goaltender in free agency, it never works out for teams. You need to acquire a young guy who can tandem with Ramo and push him - if Ramo is even in the plans. Why do you think Bishop to the Flames was a rumour in the first place?

Montoya? Wow...bad news for the Flames if your management thinks that way. Bad news anyway, but worse if that's even possible.
We have him in Berra, if Bishop is so great I am sure you will get another top 6 winger on a great contract from someone else for him.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
I think its cute you know nothing about the team he has been on the last 2 years, Bob Mac said several scouts believe he is the best goalie not in the NHL and could very be a starter but your right the stat sheet knows more than scouts.
They said the same thing about Bishop last year.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
cow town?
Most likely, so your comparing a very cheap top 6 winger to a rental top 6 center do you see how that is a poor comparison. If we were to trade for Bishop the most I would offer is Stempniak.

Old
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
We just did that.

Thanks.
You most certainly did not if you're referring to Berra.

Old
madmike77

Quote:

Man we've gone over this a million times already. The Flames "future" goalies are Gillies and Brossoit. Both are young; neither is NHL ready.

While those guys develop they need some short-term filler - enter Ramo and the random Swiss prospect whose name I can't remember.

They don't expect either to be a long-term solution. They're not looking for a long-term solution - they believe they already have one.

Bishop may be a decent young goalie but the Flames aren't looking for one at the moment.

If the Flames planned on contending in the next 3-4 years Bishop might make sense, but it looks like the Flames are fully committed to a rebuild now.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
They said the same thing about Bishop last year.
Yes they did now I ask why would we give up significant assets for a goalie that may only be as good as Ramo who we can just sign?

Old
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

I hope the Oilers get Bishop and he shuts out Calgary every time they play them. That'll be a good reminder of his value

Old
04-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Yes they did now I ask why would we give up significant assets for a goalie that may only be as good as Ramo who we can just sign?
Is there a problem running two good goalies?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Feaster has made a habit of glazing over controversial decisions by saying "_____ is the best __________ in _______"

He did it when they picked Jankowski, he did it just now when they traded for Berra.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I hope the Oilers get Bishop and he shuts out Calgary every time they play them. That'll be a good reminder of his value
Sure except the Oilers already have a better goalie than Bishop. There aren't many teams looking for goalies we aren't going to overpay for someone that may already be redundant.

Old
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
You most certainly did not if you're referring to Berra.
We just signed him, so what you think of him is irrelevant. Its obvious what Feasters plan is here.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
We have him in Berra, if Bishop is so great I am sure you will get another top 6 winger on a great contract from someone else for him.
You can't think that Berra just solved your problems. I don't believe you if you say that. You seem like a super-fan, deep down you realize that you need someone young who can grow with your team who has some semblance of knowing what an NHL net looks like.

Bishop isn't the be all to end all - and yes, I understand the Sens would be sending more with him, but he's a starter for your franchise, someone you can count on to deliver ~.910 numbers on a bad team because he's friggin' massive and he's very athletic. More importantly, you NEED someone to push Ramo (if he's your guy).

You'll find that whatever incoming GM takes over in Calgary will feel the same way, I'm sure of it.

As for us trading Bishop, I doubt we do until the draft unless someone steps up. I doubt I need to explain how important good goalie depth is.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
HighLifeMan

Quote:
1. Curtis Glencross is currently playing at a higher level.
2. Curtis Glencorss is not an impending UFA.

So yes, Curtis Glencross should absolutely return a better package than Derek Roy.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
1. Curtis Glencross is currently playing at a higher level.
2. Curtis Glencorss is not an impending UFA.

So yes, Curtis Glencross should absolutely return a better package than Derek Roy.
Might want to add that Curtis Glencross is not made of glass.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
We just signed him, so what you think of him is irrelevant. Its obvious what Feasters plan is here.
Feaster's time is ticking down, so that'll be irrelevant as well.