HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Bishop for Curtis Glencross

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 02:49 PM
  #526
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
You can't do that - and you won't IMO. As a previous poster mentioned, there's no way the Flames just throw in the towel next year and say screw it we give up, they'll try to bolster things from the net out - and that doesn't mean Ramo and Berra, that means a Bernier or a Bishop if you can't get Bernier.

You've seen teams blow it up a thousand times before, the ones who get it right start from the net out.
Having Ramo and Berra isn't throwing in the towel and given our current defense it won't matter what we do in the offseason we are going to get worked. We aren't going after another goalie stop telling us what our team is doing. If there is a deal such as Stempniak for Bishop or a late first for Bishop + then I could see us grabbing him but he isn't proven. Ramo has played in the nhl before and will be given a chance as a starter.

I agree starting from the net out is how you rebuild but Bishop is not a long term solution by the time the team is competitive he will be 30, we are looking for stop gaps that are cheap until Gillies and Brossoit are ready the team seems very high on them.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:50 PM
  #527
madmike77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Do you really believe they'll leave it at that? Would you?
I already said what I believe.

They will run with Ramo/Berra next year and let Gillies/Brossoit develop. Their plans are for either Gilles or Brossoit to be their future number one.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:52 PM
  #528
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,932
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Do you really believe they'll leave it at that? Would you?
Why would they specifically target Berra and Ramo only to bring in Bishop for what is now their most valuable trade chip?

I don't get how this thread is still going at such a torrent pace..
Bishop is a good goaltender, but Calgary "likely" won't be interested anymore, especially at the price of Glencross.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:53 PM
  #529
EJsens1
HFBoards Sponsor
 
EJsens1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike77 View Post
I already said what I believe.

They will run with Ramo/Berra next year and let Gillies/Brossoit develop. Their plans are for either Gilles or Brossoit to be their future number one.
Will a new goaltending coach be brought in? I confess, I don't know anything about those 2. The Flames horrendous drafting and development record makes me wonder. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$.

EJsens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:55 PM
  #530
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,898
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Do you really believe they'll leave it at that? Would you?
Yes and Yes.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
  #531
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,898
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJsens1 View Post
Will a new goaltending coach be brought in? I confess, I don't know anything about those 2. The Flames horrendous drafting and development record makes me wonder. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$.
Gillies is possibly the best goalie in the NCAA, or at least one of those with the highest upside.

Brossoit has done nothing but improve since being drafted, all signs point to him having a shot at making the NHL.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
  #532
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJsens1 View Post
Will a new goaltending coach be brought in? I confess, I don't know anything about those 2. The Flames horrendous drafting and development record makes me wonder. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$.
Brossoit is a top goalie in the WHL and was a late cut from team Canada WJC which was criticized by some

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37133

Gillies was the backup for team USA WJC team and played his first year in the NCAA setting a record for most shutouts by a rookie

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86892

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
  #533
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Why would they specifically target Berra and Ramo only to bring in Bishop for what is now their most valuable trade chip?

I don't get how this thread is still going at such a torrent pace..
Bishop is a good goaltender, but Calgary "likely" won't be interested anymore, especially at the price of Glencross.
Don't know why, but I feel the need to bang the drum that the Flames won't be going into next season with Ramo and Berra. It's so obvious that it's actually annoying.

If Bernier, Bishop or another highly touted young goalie isn't acquired, then I'm wrong and that's that, but any management in the world of sports would make a move to bolster their net - both long and short term, and despite recent trends, Calgary won't be that exception.

Anyway...it sounds like Glencross isn't moving anyway, so I think this thread is all but done now.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:57 PM
  #534
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Don't know why, but I feel the need to bang the drum that the Flames won't be going into next season with Ramo and Berra. It's so obvious that it's actually annoying.

If Bernier, Bishop or another highly touted young goalie isn't acquired, then I'm wrong and that's that, but any management in the world of sports would make a move to bolster their net - both long and short term, and despite recent trends, Calgary won't be that exception.

Anyway...it sounds like Glencross isn't moving anyway, so I think this thread is all but done now.
It is most likely Ramo and Macdonald to start next year with Berra adjusting in the ahl and he will be given a shot once he adjusts. We aren't looking for another goaltender right now.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:07 PM
  #535
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
It is most likely Ramo and Macdonald to start next year with Berra adjusting in the ahl and he will be given a shot once he adjusts. We aren't looking for another goaltender right now.
This.

Ramo was acquired at a discount, because Montreal did not provide him with the opportunity for a starting role. Ramo stated he, therefore, would not sign with Montreal.

Calgary acquired Ramo under the assumption that Kipper would probably retire at the end of this year, and Ramo would be given a shot at #1.

THE FLAMES DO NOT NEED ANY MORE GOALIE PROSPECTS.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:16 PM
  #536
sensfan44
peacetowersens
 
sensfan44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nanaimo B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Brossoit is a top goalie in the WHL and was a late cut from team Canada WJC which was criticized by some

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37133

Gillies was the backup for team USA WJC team and played his first year in the NCAA setting a record for most shutouts by a rookie

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86892
Yes but they are YEARS away from NHL level hockey.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
  #537
sensfan44
peacetowersens
 
sensfan44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nanaimo B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
BTW this thread is so off topic. I move it should be locked.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
  #538
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
Yes but they are YEARS away from NHL level hockey.
Yes they are that is way we are trying stop gaps in Ramo and Berra and not shelling out for a Bernier as they feel this guys are the future.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
  #539
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,700
vCash: 50
Yes, please lock this thread... pointless rehashing. No constructive talk/debates.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
  #540
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
This.

Ramo was acquired at a discount, because Montreal did not provide him with the opportunity for a starting role. Ramo stated he, therefore, would not sign with Montreal.

Calgary acquired Ramo under the assumption that Kipper would probably retire at the end of this year, and Ramo would be given a shot at #1.

THE FLAMES DO NOT NEED ANY MORE GOALIE PROSPECTS.
BISHOP IS NOT A PROSPECT
He can be more of a 1b goalie he wud easily be calgarys best goalie if kipper is traded or retires
But i get what your saying

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
  #541
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,898
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
BISHOP IS NOT A PROSPECT
He can be more of a 1b goalie he wud easily be calgarys best goalie if kipper is traded or retires
But i get what your saying
Actually, depends of your opinion of course but HF for example would still define him as a prospect as he has only played 36? NHL games.

I get what you're saying though.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:28 PM
  #542
Tont
Registered User
 
Tont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 788
vCash: 503
EVERY TEAM'S FANS over values their own players. Pretty rich seeing Sens fans dumping on Flames fans for it given the way they're talking about Ben Bishop.

This is one of the worst threads I've seen on HF.

Tont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
  #543
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,179
vCash: 500
Sens fans, WHY TF do you care if they dont want Bishop?
jesus, im annoyed and im a sens fan.

you're making sound like they have no choice but to take him and that Glencross is going to decide the fate of our franchise.
Chill out FFS.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:34 PM
  #544
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Sens fans, WHY TF do you care if they dont want Bishop?
jesus, im annoyed and im a sens fan.

you're making sound like they have no choice but to take him and that Glencross is going to decide the fate of our franchise.
Chill out FFS.
This.

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
  #545
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,293
vCash: 500
What am I missing here? Why is Curtis Glencross getting so much love?

The dude is a 30 year old winger who has a career high of 48 points.

Clarke Macarthur is younger and has produced better, but according to most he could only fetch a 2nd...

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
  #546
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,779
vCash: 500
Ottawa should keep Bishop, dump Anderson.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
  #547
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
What am I missing here? Why is Curtis Glencross getting so much love?

The dude is a 30 year old winger who has a career high of 48 points.

Clarke Macarthur is younger and has produced better, but according to most he could only fetch a 2nd...
Because the past two years he's been on a more than 30 goal pace over 82. Oh and he's a shutdown forward, whereas MacArthur is average defensively. It's like comparing Fisher and Roy.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
  #548
sensfan44
peacetowersens
 
sensfan44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nanaimo B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Sens fans, WHY TF do you care if they dont want Bishop?
jesus, im annoyed and im a sens fan.

you're making sound like they have no choice but to take him and that Glencross is going to decide the fate of our franchise.
Chill out FFS.
Why do you care, that we care, that they have no care for Bishop?
Im annoyed, that you're annoyed, at Calgary being annoyed, that Ottawa is annoyed about Glencross not deciding our fate.
There. Maybe that will get this thread locked.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
  #549
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,800
vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Second question to Calgary fans.

What is the difference in value between Curtis Glencross and Mike Calamari?
1. $3.5 million.

2. Trading Cammalleri is significantly more possible than trading Glencross.

3. It appears that Feaster & co. are looking for 1st round pick + prospect(s) as the going rate for this fire sale.

4. I don't think Bishop fits into Calgary's plans. At least, not anymore.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:46 PM
  #550
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
What am I missing here? Why is Curtis Glencross getting so much love?

The dude is a 30 year old winger who has a career high of 48 points.

Clarke Macarthur is younger and has produced better, but according to most he could only fetch a 2nd...
Glencross has a sexy cap hit

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.