HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Bishop for Curtis Glencross

Old
03-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
And yet he showed zero interest in researching the fact Glenncross has an NMC and is adamant about staying put. There is one team he MIGHT accept a trade to - the Oilers - and that's IF he doesn't hold a grudge about not being re-signed there. Then there's the fact it's EDM and CAL, so the likelihood a deal would be made is next to zero. The guy has a ranch in Provost if I'm not mistaken, likes the country life and likes where he's at. Rebuild or not, this guy remains a Flame for the duration of his contract.
Eh...you'll find very few posters willing to defend Garrioch. The guy is a total hack.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:23 PM
LukeD
On Fire

I would hate this.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Sensgirl65
The original EK fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Silfverberg, 1st, Bishop for Glencross
Is this a joke? Huge no from the sens

Sensgirl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:31 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
Hahah joke's on you for thinking the Flames could possibly keep their 2nd round pick til now.
Lmao, best post.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:32 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
I wouldn't trade Silfverberg straight up for anyone on the Flames, no offense.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:35 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

now i'll use my clearly next level gm skills to address some posts you plebs have made since i totally forgot to press the multi button, the quotes will most likely be out of order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Switch Greening to Noeson and add in the Sens 2013 first and there might be a deal worth exploring. Well, there would be if Glencross was willing to waive his NMC which is highly unlikely.
two first round picks and a 2nd+prospect/late first for glencross? that's better than the kessel trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post

The Flames will most assuredly finish in the bottom five for the foreseeable future. And they'll be building through the draft. But rebuilding doesn't mean icing a roster of complete garbage and rookies.

Good organizations; clubs that don't want a culture of losing permeating around them, try to maintain a certain level of professionalism and competitiveness. Yes, the Flames won't be winning anything for a while, but that doesn't mean they should aim for last place year in, year out.
this. rebuild the way the sens did. move some older pieces, then bring in some prospects. the goal is still to win games. a winning atmosphere goes a long way in developing players. that being said, if the rumors swirling around kipper are true, the flames should get a goalie. glencross could get you some good pieces, but i think the flames should identify him as one of the veterans to help the youth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Even if Kipper retires, we can go with a Ramo/MacDonald tandem next year. It's not like Calgary will be competing for a playoff spot anyway. Besides, Glencross is one of the few players I'd like to keep. Plus he's already said not to bother asking him about waiving his NTC.

This rumor has no legs.
run with that goalie tandem and you'll probably do the opposite of what was just said above. that's not a risk the flames should take. if it doesn't work out, they will (should) be desperate for a goalie and will most likely overpay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
3-4 year rebuild and Bishop is 30 then. I would rather try out Ramo than Give up Glencross for Bishop. I wouldn't give up more than a 2nd for Bishop.
goalies are not like other players. they usually take the longest to develop. 25-26 is when they should be getting the starter position. the exceptions are often all star, possible hall-of-fame goalies. they also play at a high level longer. at 30, goalies have five or six peak years left. for some players at 30, they have three years, then the decline slowly starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Trade everybody for anything and everything so long as it makes a little bit of sense!!!

-HFboards.

Calgary would have an interest in Bishop (as has been stated multiple times) but not for our most valuable trade chip, unless of course a significant asset was also involved (not a marginal piece in Da Costa..). Really, is it that hard to understand?

Perplexing mindset to have indeed..
only one thing to address in this post. da costa is a legit prospect that has a very good chance of being a solid second line center. he's also nhl ready, so you could slot him in right away. he has some great hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I'd say they're on par actually. Michalek definitely has a better offensive game to him, but Glencross is more developed in terms of his two-way game. Glencross is also on a much better contract. Michalek's salary is bumping up to 6 mil soon.

http://capgeek.com/player/128
michalek will most likely be making the same or similar salary to his current deal when it is done (at least i think he should). 9mm is also a great two-way player. i value michalek higher, but i don't watch enough flames games to say who is the better player for sure.

that's all i seem to have opened. i hop you all feel enlightened. oh, i should make a proposal as well.

bishop + da costa + regin
for
glencross

how is glencross' skating?

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Garrioch lol.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:36 PM
starling

vCash: 50
But but it's the best Sunday column in the country...

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:59 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I wouldn't trade Silfverberg straight up for anyone on the Flames, no offense.
None taken. He's an excellent prospect.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:06 AM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
So basically a bigger return than Iginla......

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:20 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

I stopped reading the article right about here.

Quote:
By Bruce Garrioch ,Ottawa Sun
Garrioch is amongst the worst of all rumor mongers, he may be a legitimate reporter but him rumors rival Eklund for reliability.

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:35 AM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post

how is glencross' skating?
Amazing! He has great speed/stride. That, along with his wrist/snap shot are his strongest features.. He honestly does it all. Hits, can fight (well), grinds it out, forecheck/backcheck, scores, PP, PK, etc.

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I stopped reading the article right about here.

Garrioch is amongst the worst of all rumor mongers, he may be a legitimate reporter but him rumors rival Eklund for reliability.
You make Bruce Garrioch sad.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:45 AM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

I can't believe SN hires BSers like Garrioch, and lets a legit reporter like LeBrun go to rival TSN!

Fail,Fail,Fail!!!

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:47 AM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

Found this article on TFP website:

"The Senators are looking to acquire a top-six goal-scorer, and the Sun claims they've set their sights on Glencross, who is believed to be being shopped by the Flames.
However, Glencross has a no-movement clause and has final say on any deal Calgary tries to complete.

The Sun suggests the Senators could part with goaltender Ben Bishop, though the price tag on Glencross would be much higher, as the Flames would want a young forward included in a deal who is NHL-ready.

A number of teams have asked Senators GM Bryan Murray about youngsters Jakob Silfverberg, Mika Zibanejad and Stephane Da Costa, but the team has balked.

The Senators are also looking to acquire a second-pairing defenseman.

The New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils are also believed to have shown interest in Glencross."

What about a blockbuster?

Ottawa gets solid pieces for the playoffs/future:

GlenX
JayBow @ 4.5million (Flames retain 2.18)
3rd 2013

for

Zibanejad (Although great prospect, you guys have Spezza & Turris down the middle).
Bishop
1st 2013

Calgary gets necessary pieces for a rebuild. I'm willing to listen to objections/arguments. Calgary gives up two very good assets (best D and F on the team @ great prices) Ottawa gives up very good picks/prospects .

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Reinhart

I loved Bruce Garrioch's 'rumors' last season.

If memory serves, he included David Moss in one of the ramblings - David Moss the DEFENCEMEN!!

Garrioch is like Ecklund, only we all know his face. I never put stock in any of his thoughts.

If Glencross would be traded, he would be expensive. He gives a team lots of speed, forechecks hard, gritty, and pots 20 - 30 goals any given year. You can use him on the PP, and the PK. 1st-4th line contributor - plug him in, and watch him go. Signed for a few years at a real bargain.

Only problem is, you will probably never get him.

He took a sizeable discount to get his NMC. He has a ranch in Alberta, on top of his Calgary Stampede participation. Would waive to go to Edmonton I suppose, but that would be it. Flames are in no hurry to trade him. Perhaps he will prefer getting traded instead of sticking around for the rebuild, who knows... but it doesn't seem likely he is moving.

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:53 AM
herashak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Found this article on TFP website:

"The Senators are looking to acquire a top-six goal-scorer, and the Sun claims they've set their sights on Glencross, who is believed to be being shopped by the Flames.
However, Glencross has a no-movement clause and has final say on any deal Calgary tries to complete.

The Sun suggests the Senators could part with goaltender Ben Bishop, though the price tag on Glencross would be much higher, as the Flames would want a young forward included in a deal who is NHL-ready.

A number of teams have asked Senators GM Bryan Murray about youngsters Jakob Silfverberg, Mika Zibanejad and Stephane Da Costa, but the team has balked.

The Senators are also looking to acquire a second-pairing defenseman.

The New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils are also believed to have shown interest in Glencross."

GlenX
3rd 2013

for

Zibanejad (Although great prospect, you guys have Spezza & Turris down the middle).
Bishop
1st 2013

Calgary gets necessary pieces for a rebuild. I'm willing to listen to objections/arguments. Calgary gives up two very good assets (best D and F on the team @ great prices) Ottawa gives up very good picks/prospects .
JayBow = bishop and a 1st to me
glenX + 3rd = zabinejad
i can see it but if theres something we can add besides a third.

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:54 AM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
I can't believe SN hires BSers like Garrioch, and lets a legit reporter like LeBurn go to rival TSN!
It's because you watch TSN so SN can't retain good talent.

I don't think we can be picky when it comes to trading Bishop. Since we will be trading him, a low 1st is about what we can expect during the draft since goalies like Miller, Luongo, Bernier, and even Kiprusoff are also available on the goalie market.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:56 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
Bishop for Glencross is the ultimate Flames trade.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Kezia
Benny

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post

GlenX
3rd 2013

for

Bishop
1st 2013

My first reaction to this proposal was, to quote my dear friend ReginKarlssonLehner, "Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool".

This is so bad. I wouldn't trade Zibby alone for that package.

Kezia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:17 AM
herashak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
My first reaction to this proposal was, to quote my dear friend ReginKarlssonLehner, "Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool".

This is so bad. I wouldn't trade Zibby alone for that package.
no need to overrate your young players that much

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:19 AM
fallsviewafro*
truculent

How has this hit 8 pages? Glencross will never waive, end thread.

fallsviewafro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:19 AM
IranCondraAffair

I can honestly say that I would be shocked if either of Silf and Z-bad were moved. In fact, I'd probably bet a lot of money that it wouldn't happen unless it was something like the Turris trade where it was a lateral move for another young player who played a different position.

It would be like the Flames giving up Sven Bärtschi, it just...wouldn't happen for the purposes of adding depth or a veteran. Same goes for a 1st round draft pick. The only time in 21 years that I remember the Ottawa Senators ever trading one was when they got Comrie+Campoli from NYI at the draft when they already knew where they were going to be drafting.

On the other hand though, I can also say that I dont see guys like Puempel, Da Costa, and Stone in that same level as Silf and Z-bad. Sure, Da Costa is a very good prospect, but the organizational depth in his position makes him the most expendable

Post Script: For those who are going to criticize Feaster for trading Glencross for Bishop, keep in mind, Ottawa is/was looking for a late 1st for Bishop (they paid a second and he's proven to be worth that much and more) A late first rounder meanwhile is exactly the same return the Senators got at the deadline for Mike Fisher (they also got a conditional 3rd rounder too). Maybe it's not a trade that the Flames fans WANT, but it's not ridiculous. Bishop and a conditional pick or Bishop and Da Costa is pretty comparable or even better. Glencross might have a better contract, but it's not THAT much better that Ottawa should be handing over half it's roster. Colin Greening is on a great contract but that doesn't mean he's worth a 1st rounder.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Garrioch is not a good source all the time. I call BS on this

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:36 AM
bobo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
JayBow = bishop and a 1st to me
glenX + 3rd = zabinejad
i can see it but if theres something we can add besides a third.

I wouldn't trade any one of those pieces alone for JayBo. Certainly not Zibanejad.

And we're not overrating Zibanejad. The kid is 19, has 13 points in his last 18 games (60 point pace) and plays a physical 2-way game.

bobo84 is offline   Reply With Quote