HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 03:56 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I am rooting for Stl today. I wanna play them in the first round.
COMPLETELY OT, but I just now noticed your Location info.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:23 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
First year after Kompon: kings pp is 10th in the NHL at 20%. Kings are also 5th with 27 5-on-4 goals.

Chicago up 2-0 in the third over St. Louis. Kings control their own fate for 4th now.
We were in control before this game every started. They were 4 points back with 2 in hand but could only tie us in ROW but we held the season series which is tie break 2.
But it does give us some breathing room.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:54 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Honestly, your dismissive attitude of the Blues is ridiculous. They're a good team. Accept it. There's a reason they've been playing well since the trade deadline and are in a position to challenge the Kings for the fourth seed. You have something else coming if you think the Kings would walk all over the Blues in a playoff series.

And no, the Kings wouldn't be considered more dangerous since they are without Mitchell and Greene.
So their "savior" last season, McDonald, is now in danger of being healthy scratched because he's so ineffective, and you think they are better? Sure they got JayBo but let's be real here and see the big picture. That team as a whole took a step back from last year. They are so fragile that they send their #1 goalie to the AHL to get his head right.

This is still the same Blues who the Kings walk over.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
So their "savior" last season, McDonald, is now in danger of being healthy scratched because he's so ineffective, and you think they are better? Sure they got JayBo but let's be real here and see the big picture. That team as a whole took a step back from last year. They are so fragile that they send their #1 goalie to the AHL to get his head right.

This is still the same Blues who the Kings walk over.
Uh, Jaro Halak never went to AHL. Elliott is a terrible goaltender, and has always been a terrible goaltender. He had a career year last year, but anybody that thought he was more than 1B (at VERY best) more realistically an average #2 was kidding themselves. Elliott is currently #3 on STL's depth chart, so not exactly unreasonable to send him to AHL.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Let's go Nashville!

Old
04-14-2013, 07:33 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Uh, Jaro Halak never went to AHL. Elliott is a terrible goaltender, and has always been a terrible goaltender. He had a career year last year, but anybody that thought he was more than 1B (at VERY best) more realistically an average #2 was kidding themselves. Elliott is currently #3 on STL's depth chart, so not exactly unreasonable to send him to AHL.
That really doesn't address anything I said other than arguing semantics (Elliott was their #1 last year in a tandem), but okay.

So you don't think the Blues are mentally fragile? That the Kings aren't in their heads?

Old
04-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Never thought I'd see the day where the Detroit Red Wings become an extremely boring team to watch. Aside from Datsyuk (and Zetterberg) the team just doesn't have much going for them offensively. This game between the Wings and Preds has been a snoozer. No intensity, seldom physical play, just two teams that look like they're ready to go on vacation in a couple weeks.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
bobafettish*

well they are playing nashville. predators can make anyone look boring.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

After 2, 1-0 Detroit. Yuck.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:17 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I checked out the Blues' GDT today. There are several of their fans that don't want anything to do with the Kings in the 1st round.

I think St. Louis would pose a greater challenge than say Minnesota, but there is always a chance that Backstrom could steal a few games. I don't think Elliott is capable of doing that against the Kings. He seems to lose his composure when the series crease crashing starts to happen.

That being said the Kings just may see San Jose in the 1st round and there are times when the Kings make Niemi look like a Vezina winner.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Meh, rather than being concerned with their opponents, my bigger concern would be which Kings show up to play. If they're on their game playing the Darryl Sutter brand of hockey, then I'm not worried about who the Kings will face in the opening round.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Richie10

Minnesota, San Jose, and St Louis could all make us sweat in the opening round. We'd be stupid to underestimate any of those teams, especially the Blues. The Kings may have an insane record against them recently but they have all the tools to beat us in a seven game series. Also consider that unless Quick goes God mode in the first five minutes of game one last season, that series could have turned out very differently.

We may have the Blues number but theyve gone through some serious growing pains this season and are learning how to be winners. Scary team if they get rolling. I truthfully consider them the best team in the west outside of us and Chicago.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

San Jose worries me the most because we usually play terribly against them.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
San Jose worries me the most because we usually play terribly against them.
It's rather funny how terribly Doughty plays against the Sharks, especially when he's up against one of his off-ice pals, Logan Couture. I think the Kings could take care of the Sharks, so long as Greene is back and Ellerby (and to some degree Muzzin) are not on the ice. The Kings hung in there with a Sharks team that I think was much better in 2011, and that was without Kopitar, Richards and Carter.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Useless Predators are useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It's rather funny how terribly Doughty plays against the Sharks, especially when he's up against one of his off-ice pals, Logan Couture. I think the Kings could take care of the Sharks, so long as Greene is back and Ellerby (and to some degree Muzzin) are not on the ice. The Kings hung in there with a Sharks team that I think was much better in 2011, and that was without Kopitar, Richards and Carter.
True. I don't want Ellerby on the ice during the playoffs let alone being paired with Muzzin. That's a disaster. I don't even want to imagine them in the playoffs. Greene should give Ellerby the boot though.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Useless Predators are useless.

True. I don't want Ellerby on the ice during the playoffs let alone being paired with Muzzin. That's a disaster. I don't even want to imagine them in the playoffs. Greene should give Ellerby the boot though.
I'd prefer to see Greene paired with Martinez again. They were a solid pair together last year and have a good understanding of each other and compliment each other's style.

Regehr-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

Let Ellerby and Muzzin sit and watch and let the big boys handle the heavy lifting.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:38 PM
goosh
TwoForRoughing

Quote:
I'd prefer to see Greene paired with Martinez again. They were a solid pair together last year and have a good understanding of each other and compliment each other's style.

Regehr-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

Let Ellerby and Muzzin sit and watch and let the big boys handle the heavy lifting.
Agreed. Muzzin has really struggled of late and while Martinez hasn't been very good this year -- especially after his injury -- I think he and Greene can regain their magic in the playoffs.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Quote:

Regehr-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

I agree. Even though Martinez has struggled this year, I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt after his great play during our run last year.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:03 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

https://mobile.twitter.com/IgorKleyn...25518756950016

Some important Russian claims he will try sign Voynov... Good luck with that...

Old
04-14-2013, 11:04 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Most likely, Muzz will get the start along with Greene with AMart next inline. Having said that, I do think AMart will eventually see most time with Greene throughout the playoffs. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see AMart having a good playoffs.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Shellz

Hilarious. Razor just puts it over the top.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:23 PM
mbar

I think muzz helps our power play enough to give him the edge over Martinez. He moves the puck well on the power play and walks the line well and I think those have been major factors in our pp resurgence.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post

Old
04-14-2013, 11:51 PM
FrozenKing18
Goongala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Hilarious. Razor just puts it over the top.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:51 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post

That's the governor of the provence. And considering it has 3.5M people the mayor of LA has appox the same amount of people he governs. And would be just like him saying that the Kings were going to sign said player.

Closed Thread