Vish improving

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

vCash: 500
Vish improving

Babcock in the OC Register:

"Vish had an off season last year because he was injured at training camp," Coach Mike Babcock said. "I didn't know him very well. We probably didn't play him as much as we should have, and he lost his confidence a little bit. Ideally, this training camp will be great for Vish. He'll get his confidence back."

Carney had some nice things to say also:
"I think he's made great strides in the two years I've been here," veteran defenseman Keith Carney said. "My first year, you didn't see Vish have the puck on his stick very often. Now you see a guy who's much more poised with the puck. He's a guy who wants to get better.
"He's been playing a long time, but he's still a young guy and still developing."

Neither is really a ringing endorsement, but its a positive sign at least.

Old
09-24-2003, 08:34 AM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Just pumping up his trade value, if we're lucky. But I guess if he's playing well the team comes out ahead either way.

Old
09-24-2003, 11:17 AM
soya_sauce_chicken

Quote:
Babcock in the OC Register:

"Vish had an off season last year because he was injured at training camp," Coach Mike Babcock said. "I didn't know him very well. We probably didn't play him as much as we should have, and he lost his confidence a little bit. Ideally, this training camp will be great for Vish. He'll get his confidence back."

Carney had some nice things to say also:
"I think he's made great strides in the two years I've been here," veteran defenseman Keith Carney said. "My first year, you didn't see Vish have the puck on his stick very often. Now you see a guy who's much more poised with the puck. He's a guy who wants to get better.
"He's been playing a long time, but he's still a young guy and still developing."

well i hope this is good news.. hopefully this boosts his confidence level as well and makes him play up to that par or exceed it.. Go VISH!!

Old
09-24-2003, 02:48 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Just pumping up his trade value, if we're lucky. But I guess if he's playing well the team comes out ahead either way.
I agree with this. I think it would probably be best for both parties if Vish was traded. For one, he would get a fresh start with a new team. He has the potential as evidenced by his high draft position and first year or two in the league. And it would be good for the Ducks, as they would have a chance to address some of their needs.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:20 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
I agree with this. I think it would probably be best for both parties if Vish was traded. For one, he would get a fresh start with a new team. He has the potential as evidenced by his high draft position and first year or two in the league. And it would be good for the Ducks, as they would have a chance to address some of their needs.
What type of player do u see us getting in a possible Vish trade?

Old
09-24-2003, 11:04 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
What type of player do u see us getting in a possible Vish trade?
I don't really have any names. I guess it would depend on how things go this season. i.e. do we have enough scoring, are the young forwards producing, responsible defensively, second tier scoring. Or, do we need another defenseman. The only position I don't see us getting is a goalie since we're set at that position.

The other variable would be injuries. I believe Murray would not trade Vish in the case of injuries, but I guess if there were too many it could happen. In which case we would probably try to acquire whatever position is lacking.

Sorry I don't have names, but I feel speculation at this point is absurd.

I would prefer to see Vishnevsky re-gain his confidence and play well and stay with the Ducks. Often the best trades are the ones teams don't make.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:07 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
I don't even care that he's a defensive liability if he'll just hit something. I'm so sick of seeing our defensemen bounce off their checks.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
I don't even care that he's a defensive liability if he'll just hit something. I'm so sick of seeing our defensemen bounce off their checks.
Kasparitis is a big fan of hitting yet often the puck is in the net when he does so I'm not so much a big proponent of the big check unless it's done with effectiveness and at the proper time ala Stevens...if he could learn to be a good positional D-man with his size and skating ability he could be effective...unfortunately he does neither of these things in which case, as I have always maintained they should package him and Bryz

Closed Thread