HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 13

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 02:36 PM
RinaldoZac

vCash: 50
Send me offers for SOTW Mouslon (PS3).

Old
04-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

vCash: 500
In case anyone on Xbox is somehow not aware, I'm very interested in TOTY Hall, I might be a little light on an offer for you, but I'd like to build something based off of:

Reg Hall + UT Joe Thornton + pucks/players of your request for TOTY Hall.

I could currently offer you Hall/Thornton+175k. If you're interested pm me here or on Xbox Live - Grog Swiller.

If I'm close and you're looking to move him, get in touch, I could add more, I'm just pretty sure that's close to fair value, I'm watching him go for 200-220 when he goes for just pucks.

220k-5% = 209k 200k-5%=190k

Thornton + Hall = 35k ish
175k - 5% = 166250

seems damn close to me.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Necropolis
ainec

vCash: 50
After working a lot in the market I finally managed to got TOTY Timonen. Got him for 45k + SOTW Bishop. Ridiculous how cheap that card is. Also got SOTW Seabrook before for 50k so now my team looks like this:

SOTW Parenteau (A)-Spezza (A)-Nash
Benn-Thornton-SOTW Simmonds
Gagne-Backes-Callahan
Richard-Thompson-A.Hall

TOTY Timonen-SOTW Seabrook (C)
Edler-SOTW Salo
Hedman-Hamhuis

SOTW Holtby
Garon

SOTW Seabrook has just a great shot. Scored two goals for me in his first game. After one online game and couple of games against a friend I have to say that he's the best d-man I've had.

Now I just have to work a market a lot again, because I want to SOTW Wheeler in my 2nd line left wing and right now I have 1k pucks, lol.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:25 PM
ChipDouglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBomJones View Post
Alright,
I've been following this board for quite some time now, contributed here and there, and have seen the running theme of complaining about "ice tilt." At first I wrote it off, but as I've progressed in the game, and especially lately, things have been awfully unbalanced.

For starters, here's my team:

SOTW Perron – SOTW Pavelski - TOTY Semin
Hall - SOTW Krecji - Callahan
Cole - Lecavalier - Stafford
Ladd - Richards - Havlat

Phaneuf - Peitrangelo
Visnovsky - SOTW Beauchemin (switched to RD)
Edler - Boyle

Lundquist
Kiprisoff

All in all, it's a pretty great team. Could be better, but the chemistry rating is 98. All but one line is a 99 (the other is a 95).

Since I've upgraded my team, I've noticed I get skated around all the time. I'm not saying I'm any great shakes as a player, but the rate at which I get beat in simple aspects of the game is ridiculous.

Here's what I've noticed:

- Passes are more inconsistent
- Can't poke check as effectively
- Stick lifts are more prone to be slashes
- Get beat to the puck more often
- Shots go wide more frequently (especially with Semin with 95 shot and 96 hands!)
- Hits aren't as effective in knocking the puck loose as they were when my team was rated less

These are the more noticeable difference. I'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head, these are what make the game less enjoyable to play.

My question: Has anyone found a way to alleviate this? I've tried bulking up on DEF and CHK cards and 5 game duration cards and amping up my key D players, but even this doesn't work. 14 will be coming out shortly, and if this is any indication of what's to come, I doubt I'll be making the purchase.

Thoughts?
Here's the best formula for countering ice-tilt that I've found. First off, I'll say that I've spent $375 on packs for NHL 13 and played over 700 games. I've owned Datsyuk, Crosby, and almost all of the highest-end regular cards. If I'd known the following, I'd probably have spent $50 on packs and left it at that.

Here's my secret/tips for countering ice tilt:

1. Don't use a goalie over 89 overall (I use SOTW Brodeur as my starter and Craig Anderson or some other 85 overall as the back-up).
2. Realize that your highest overall rated player matters. It's not just about salary cap and the star rating of your team. A 4.5 star team with Crosby (90) or SOTW Lecavalier (90) on it will likely face as much or more ice tilt as a 5 star team with Zetterberg (87) or Getzlaf (87) as its best player.
3. Your record counts. The better your record, the more ice tilt you'll face each game on average.
4. Ice a team with no forward over 87 overall. Have no more than three forwards rated 87 overall. Don't use any defencemen over 86 overall. Don't have more than two defencemen rated 86.
5. Fill out the rest of your roster with fast, lower-rated guys (Grabner, P. Kane, Cogliano, Bouwmeester, Shultz, etc.).
6. You'll win way more games and have more fun with the above team than with an all-star squad.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:45 PM
phamJET

I recently traded kovalchuk + toews for SOTW karlson.

I replaced regular karlson with SOTW karlson, Iam gonna max train his shot and checking.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:55 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipDouglas View Post
Here's the best formula for countering ice-tilt that I've found. First off, I'll say that I've spent $375 on packs for NHL 13 and played over 700 games. I've owned Datsyuk, Crosby, and almost all of the highest-end regular cards. If I'd known the following, I'd probably have spent $50 on packs and left it at that.

Here's my secret/tips for countering ice tilt:

1. Don't use a goalie over 89 overall (I use SOTW Brodeur as my starter and Craig Anderson or some other 85 overall as the back-up).
2. Realize that your highest overall rated player matters. It's not just about salary cap and the star rating of your team. A 4.5 star team with Crosby (90) or SOTW Lecavalier (90) on it will likely face as much or more ice tilt as a 5 star team with Zetterberg (87) or Getzlaf (87) as its best player.
3. Your record counts. The better your record, the more ice tilt you'll face each game on average.
4. Ice a team with no forward over 87 overall. Have no more than three forwards rated 87 overall. Don't use any defencemen over 86 overall. Don't have more than two defencemen rated 86.
5. Fill out the rest of your roster with fast, lower-rated guys (Grabner, P. Kane, Cogliano, Bouwmeester, Shultz, etc.).
6. You'll win way more games and have more fun with the above team than with an all-star squad.
IMO the whole fun of HUT is constantly making your team better. EA really ****ed up with ice tilt. All I care about is making my roster as good as it can be, and now I don't really care about actually playing anymore because I know ice tilt will screw me.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
TheBomJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
IMO the whole fun of HUT is constantly making your team better. EA really ****ed up with ice tilt. All I care about is making my roster as good as it can be, and now I don't really care about actually playing anymore because I know ice tilt will screw me.
I totally agree. Playing the games, and earning the pucks, and wheelin' and dealin' are all part of the fun of making a great team. Then to be penalized for it in the end is a real slap in the face (and the wallet).

Old
04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years

I find dropping your team to below 5-stars helps the most with ice tilt. Rest of my team is pretty stacked and it was making a 63 OVR goalie my back up was the key.

Bobby Orr - RD TWD (BOS)
91 OVR
92 SKT
94 SHT
88 HND
88 CHK
92 DEF

Old
04-15-2013, 05:22 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
In case anyone on Xbox is somehow not aware, I'm very interested in TOTY Hall, I might be a little light on an offer for you, but I'd like to build something based off of:

Reg Hall + UT Joe Thornton + pucks/players of your request for TOTY Hall.

I could currently offer you Hall/Thornton+175k. If you're interested pm me here or on Xbox Live - Grog Swiller.

If I'm close and you're looking to move him, get in touch, I could add more, I'm just pretty sure that's close to fair value, I'm watching him go for 200-220 when he goes for just pucks.

220k-5% = 209k 200k-5%=190k

Thornton + Hall = 35k ish
175k - 5% = 166250

seems damn close to me.
I wouldn‘t take that deal because it‘s more work to sell two (regular) cards than one. That‘s honestly the only reason, it‘s a fair deal. You just need to offer that to a guy who‘s hurting for pucks, then the allure of having 165k+ right away would push him to accept.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:26 PM
PlayTheTrap

Brett Hull - LW SNP (STL)
89 OVR
91 SKT
97 SHT
94 HND
81 CHK
80 DEF

Old
04-15-2013, 05:37 PM
presidentCarter
Waterbury Open?

Got TOTY Stamkos!!! Didn't even have to blow up my team, just sold SOTW Seguin & SOTW Spezza, as well as a SOTW Karlsson I bought & sold to make 50k. Stamkos is a monster, 2 straight snipes in his first game with me

Old
04-15-2013, 06:07 PM
PlayTheTrap

I‘m the process of probably the biggest project on HUT ever.

I collected 30 people and started a league, with buy-ins and rewards, with a schedule, draft and realigned divisions/conferences (since nobody‘s travelling).

THE RULES:
· 20-round draft, fill a complete team with natural positions
· no SOTW or TOTYs
· team changing is OK and encouraged
· 79-game schedule:
3 home and homes vs. own division, 2 home and homes vs. own conference, 1 game vs. each team in opposite conference (players agree on who‘s home)
· 7-week schedule with 5 weeks of 11 games and 2 weeks of 12
· Play games in any order you please
· Weekly standings will include the first block of 11 (or 12) games, extra games “carry over“ to the next week(s)

BUY-IN/REWARD SYSTEM
· 100k buy-in, 3m pot
700k for Stanley Cup winner, 400k for runner up, 250k for Conference final losers, 150k for Conference Semis losers and 100k for the Quarters losers. Non playoff teams get nothing.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Strangely feeling like blowing all the pucks I've got on packs, good idea?

Old
04-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Hrad

Quote:
Always

Old
04-15-2013, 06:45 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 112
Quote:
Never

Old
04-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Kidding mostly lol.

If anyone wants to help me get the TOTY Hall I crave so badly on Xbox, I have Eberle and Lecavalier up for 6450 and 6750 or something like that (BIN) on Xbox, If someone happened to buy those two cards so I could try to bid my way to a TOTY Hall I'd be forever grateful.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Pitboy43
PS4

Here is my current trade pile for PS3:

Lehtonen
Benn
C Ward
Byfuglien
E Kane
Hossa
Bryzgalov
Pietrangelo
Halak
Kessel
Iginla
Kiprusoff
J Staal
E Staal

PM me with puck or trade offers, or contact me on my PS3; PSN = Pitboy43

Old
04-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

226k I gotta get this done tonight!

Old
04-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Bluesman91

SOTW Phaneuf
SOTW *. Louis
SOTW Lecavalier
SOTW Stamkos
SOTW Benn
SOTW Hall
SOTW Subban
SOTW McDonough
SOTW Pavelski
SOTW Brent Burns
SOTW Suter
SOTW Voracek
SOTW Stewart
SOTW Shattenkirk
SOTW Steen
SOTW Bobvrosky
SOTW Bishop

Looking for a 99 Crosby and/or SOTW Ovechkin mainly.

PM me with offers

Xbox 360

Old
04-15-2013, 09:40 PM
presidentCarter
Waterbury Open?

The amount of ice tilt induced upon my new TOTY Stamkos line-up is absolutely horrendous...

Old
04-15-2013, 10:04 PM
LemieuxFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentCarter View Post
The amount of ice tilt induced upon my new TOTY Stamkos line-up is absolutely horrendous...
I got TOTY Stamkos + just picked up TOTY Ovi tonight and I'm afraid to play online now due to the ice tilt... there's something wrong with that.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:05 PM
sniper515

UT TOTY Kadri up on PS3, looking for trades. Starting price 150k, team name 'DangleBerries'

Old
04-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Yushkevich36

So I've got a bit of a story to tell here, will try to keep it short.

This was the team I have been rolling since the new year:

Zetterberg Dats (C) Kessel (A)
Sotw JVR Sotw Lecavalier Sotw Pavelski
Hall LA Gretzky Hossa
Marleau Sotw Grabovski Perry

Phaneuf (A) Burns
Suter Doughty
Sotw Gardiner Myers

Price

About a month ago I was working on completing as many NHL teams as possible for the bonus. Got everyone other than Pitt, TB, and Wash done. I am missing Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Stammer, and Ovi. Was up to about 700k from flipping and had all kinds of new players to work into the lineup. Changed my team to:

Zetterberg Dats (C) Kessel (A)
Sotw JVR Towes Sotw Pavelski
D Sedin LA Gretzky Hossa
Kovalchuk Sotw Lecavalier Perry

Phaneuf (A) Burns
Chara Doughty
Sotw Gardiner Myers

Price

I didnt change much because I was already pretty happy with the team, which leads me to more recent events. I had about 700k and the team of the year cards came out. Keeping in mind that I had acquired most of the NHL other than the 5 above, and did all that by almost never buying packs with dollars (20$ Msn points and season ticket) or pucks (200ish k ea pucks on packs prior to first toty promo). I decided it was time to blow pucks on the first toty promo with 2x chance and twice as many players released as normal. Bought a total of 4 packs on the saturday

Pack 1 Almost all discards maybe 1 or two cards worth 1-2k
Pack 2 Toty Stamkos ( I was like holy s***, I have gotten horrible packs, finally some redemption) Had to do one more
Pack 3 Toty Hall and E Staal
Unbelievable luck so I did one more
Pack 4 Crap I think Corey Crawford was the highlight

On the Sunday I bought 3 More and they were horrible, but Im not complaining, I finally got some true high end cards. Playing Hut since release the best cards I have gotten in packs were Sotw Lecavalier (who didnt pull him? haha) Sotw Galchenyuk, Rinne x2, Myers then it really falls off with Boyle and Plekanec, pretty brutal.

I still had a bunch of pucks to work with so I bought Toty's of Suter for 86k and Keith for 100k. Then I started to make some flips to build a few pucks up and invested in a Datsyuk to keep some pucks safe from myself.

Bringing us to this weekend, got myself to 165k and bought a Toty Kadri for 96k (the one I really wanted being a leafs fan). Then bought a Toty Voracek 55k, and flipped small stuff from my trade pile/the market to save another 90ish k. Bought a Toty Kunitz for 55k and a Toty Timonen for 43k.

I feel for you guys out there that got skunked on these promos, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel, just keep grinding it out. For the newer guys out there that think they will never afford a top player, if you can save 10k you can do 100k and 700k and so on. Just try to only buy the promo packs with pucks, dont give ea real money for a bunch of cards that are not even worth listing in the auction house.

Anyways anybody have any ideas how to work these Toty's into my lineup?

Stamkos
Hall
Kadri gonna prob make a rw
Voracek
Kunitz
Keith
Suter

Timonen prob gonna ride the bench for a bit, I like Sotw Gards.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:50 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentCarter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemieuxFTW View Post
I got TOTY Stamkos + just picked up TOTY Ovi tonight and I'm afraid to play online now due to the ice tilt... there's something wrong with that.
How many stars are your teams? Trust me, get a 63-64 OVR goalie.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:20 AM
LemieuxFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheTrap View Post
How many stars are your teams? Trust me, get a 63-64 OVR goalie.
I have 5 stars. Why should I have to dress scrubs to balance the game out? It's ridiculous... I have a 63 OVR backup but it doesn't matter with the rest of my roster I'm still 5 stars.

I just got outshot 29-11 by the scrubbiest team ever. He wasn't even that good he was.... faster. My guys skated in mud, and his Alfie caught up with my fresh TOTY Hall EASILY.... embarrassing. I'll add some of you guys on here to play a friendly if you want, so you can see it for yourselves and because I might be done playing ranked games if they're all going to be like this.

Closed Thread