HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 13

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 11:57 AM
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
Missed this one before now!

That's crazy, now I haven't been playing for that long (mid Feb), and I haven't played that many games online compared to the computer, cause I'm a puck *****, but...

I have lost a total of 0 time to injuries for Regular RNH, Regular Taylor Hall, Regular Jordan Eberle, TOTW RNH and SOTY Hall. Absolute 0. I get drilled all the time with Taylor Hall, too. I have a belief that my players perform best if I play a style with them similar to their real style, and with the guys I have, it tends to be quite true. Except Gretzky, I use him like a power forward...

I wish we could play so I could find out if they'd get hurt or not.
You can avoid getting injured by making your player “take it properly“.

Yeah, I wish we could play too. I love playing people from the Boards. I‘m 6-1-0 against HFBoards members, only loss was to Jared 4-3 and he keeps avoiding my rematch requests.

That‘s right JaredCowenFan, calling you out pubically!

Old
04-18-2013, 12:02 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheTrap View Post
Snagged a SOTW Little for 18,050 BID and completed my SOTW Jets line. Much better than that easily-broken Oilers kid line.

Zetterberg - Toews (C) - Kessel
SOTW Ladd (A) - SOTW Little (A) - SOTW Wheeler
Semin - Spezza - SOTW Pavelski
SOTW Kunitz - Kesler - Nash

Phaneuf - Doughty
J. Johnson - Burns
SOTW Weircioch - Myers

Lehtonen
SOTW Bishop
So I posted this in excitement and got screwed. A full 45 seconds AFTER it said it was expired and I won the price resets to 18,100, expired and I lost....

Thanks to our own Pitboy, he bought a SOTW Little for 21k and I gave him Getzlaf + 1050 pucks.

NOW, I have my full SOTW Jets line!

Old
04-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Yeah I'm actually constantly changing my lines because before I started hut I used to play be a gm with significantly harsher fatigue settings, and it allows me to keep my guys really fresh, and I get made to pay for it surprisingly infrequently.

And yeah I take the hits right, except with hall he just gets smoked a lot just like IRL lol.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:30 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Yeah I'm actually constantly changing my lines because before I started hut I used to play be a gm with significantly harsher fatigue settings, and it allows me to keep my guys really fresh, and I get made to pay for it surprisingly infrequently.

And yeah I take the hits right, except with hall he just gets smoked a lot just like IRL lol.
I believe 7/18 of my skater have 88 or higher CHK. My playing experience and mastery of the True Performance Skating has let me hit harder, deke more fluid and play defense a lot stronger than any hockey game before.

It‘s nice to actually let skill and strategy show in your stats, I played CoD for years and the lag and the cheaters have destroyed that franchise. Only see 1 out of 20 people on NHL using the magnet stick.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:02 PM
PlayTheTrap

Anyone else wish there was a “Change Jersey Number“ training card?

I‘m personally against defensemen wearing double-digit numbers and forwards wearing single-digit numbers. Plus we could actually manually fix Kessel‘s number, he wears #18 but he‘s really #81.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:11 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Anyone else wish there was a “Change Jersey Number“ training card?

I‘m personally against defensemen wearing double-digit numbers and forwards wearing single-digit numbers. Plus we could actually manually fix Kessel‘s number, he wears #18 but he‘s really #81.
No need for it to be a card.

Just wait until you have 4 17s playing for you at once or both Jason Jafray and Dustin Jeffrey on your team, both wearing 15.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
ImScore71

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemieuxFTW View Post
lol good luck... I would love a Kovy as well, him and Malkin SOTW are the only guys I'm missing.
Just warning everyone not to sell/buy pucks from this guy. I sold him pucks and he paid through Paypal, and now weeks later he files a fraudulent claim to them saying he didn't authorize a payment on his account. He's basically trying to rip me off and get the pucks for free. Luckily I kept evidence to prove that he knowingly sent the payment and that he also received the pucks so he has pretty much no chance of winning the claim.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:16 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
No need for it to be a card.

Just wait until you have 4 17s playing for you at once or both Jason Jafray and Dustin Jeffrey on your team, both wearing 15.
I had bigger problems, like the fact that Bouwmeester is #19, the same as many centers (like Toews and Spezza, had all 3 on my team at once) or my favourite, the TWF #10s. Sharp, M. Richards and Perry. Used them on a line because it was a good line and to avoid, “Who‘s on the ice?“, questions.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:18 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImScore71 View Post
Just warning everyone not to sell/buy pucks from this guy. I sold him pucks and he paid through Paypal, and now weeks later he files a fraudulent claim to them saying he didn't authorize a payment on his account. He's basically trying to rip me off and get the pucks for free. Luckily I kept evidence to prove that he knowingly sent the payment and that he also received the pucks so he has pretty much no chance of winning the claim.
Explains the overly stacked team when you‘ve been scamming people since the beginning.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:19 PM
ImScore71

Quote:
Explains the overly stacked team when you‘ve been scamming people since the begining.
Exactly, what a ******. Now my Paypal account is locked for the next week or two.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:23 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Exactly, what a ******. Now my Paypal account is locked for the next week or two.
I feel for you man. Always getting screwed is why I rarely do business online. You want a straight shooter on here, it‘s Pitboy. He could have cleaned me out but, not only didn‘t, came through and now he‘s a good bud of mine.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:33 PM
ImScore71

Quote:
I feel for you man. Always getting screwed is why I rarely do business online. You want a straight shooter on here, it‘s Pitboy. He could have cleaned me out but, not only didn‘t, came through and now he‘s a good bud of mine.
Thanks man that's good to know. Though this Lemieux dude was a good guy too until he tried to pull this.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:39 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Thanks man that's good to know. Though this Lemieux dude was a good guy too until he tried to pull this.
Short history with Pitboy. He was finishing collections and had a Toews I wanted. I gave him over 50k in players over 3 days before I traded over the players and pucks to finish the deal. Toews is on my team.

A few days ago he needed to borow my Phaneuf to finish the Leafs and gave me a Zetterberg as collateral. Could I have made 30-40k by jacking him up? Yeah, but the guy who gets me a Toews gets my loyalty.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:07 PM
mjwbm146

anybody interested in totw eberle, looking forba trade.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:10 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwbm146 View Post
anybody interested in totw eberle, looking forba trade.
PM JarerCowenFan if you are on PS3, he‘s been looking for a good deal.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:16 PM
presidentCarter
Waterbury Open?

Called EA, got put on hold for over an hour, then actually got a decent helpful dude who told me straight up it'd take me about a month & a half for me to get my packs back... -_-

Old
04-18-2013, 02:27 PM
mjwbm146

Quote:
PM JarerCowenFan if you are on PS3, he‘s been looking for a good deal.
k ill do that thanks

Old
04-18-2013, 02:30 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentCarter View Post
Called EA, got put on hold for over an hour, then actually got a decent helpful dude who told me straight up it'd take me about a month & a half for me to get my packs back... -_-
http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

That‘s a link to a story of how everyone thinks of EA. Read more articles and you‘ll see that EA LITERRALLY doesn‘t care about it‘s customers.

After NHL ‘13 I‘m never buying another EA game.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Quote:
I believe 7/18 of my skater have 88 or higher CHK. My playing experience and mastery of the True Performance Skating has let me hit harder, deke more fluid and play defense a lot stronger than any hockey game before.

It‘s nice to actually let skill and strategy show in your stats, I played CoD for years and the lag and the cheaters have destroyed that franchise. Only see 1 out of 20 people on NHL using the magnet stick.
I feel the same way about true performance skating, it seems like all the people who complained or still complain about it haven't played the game. I have a buddy who used to school me all the time in NHL video games, but hasn't played nearly as much as I did, nor at the same levels (I'm nothing special, but he never played organized hockey) and as soon as this game came out it went exactly the other way.

You can hit better, avoid hits better, deke better, everything is better when we're just looking at the skating engine, and I am excited to see what they've done with it by the next two to 3 games, since that's when I feel EA really masters their new systems. (Just go back and look at the evolution of the skill stick)

On the jersey numbers, YES, you should absolutely be able to fix them, it drives me nuts personally, that while Bouwmeester has been updated to 19, Yakupov is STILL wearing 10, even though he's worn 64 through about 4 jersey updates.

Also, random rant, I have an incredible to buy a player just as his market value swings, I bought a Backes for 3k right after selling 3 of them for 5k, and still can't move it even for like 100 pucks of profit lol.

And PresidentCarter, sorry about your luck, at least you got someone straight up.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Quote:
http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

That‘s a link to a story of how everyone thinks of EA. Read more articles and you‘ll see that EA LITERRALLY doesn‘t care about it‘s customers.

After NHL ‘13 I‘m never buying another EA game.
I'd love to say something like that, but to some degree, EA is exactly right that the tallest trees catch the most wind, and I have come to this separate realization:

In the same way that I was careful not to say I wouldn't go back to watching the NHL regardless of how upset with them I was during the lockout, the only thing that would allow me to not purchase NHL 14(or insert other year number here), would be the existence of a competing hockey video game that is better, which is quite unlikely to happen as our world works it's way towards monopoly status in every industry.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:25 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
I'd love to say something like that, but to some degree, EA is exactly right that the tallest trees catch the most wind, and I have come to this separate realization:

In the same way that I was careful not to say I wouldn't go back to watching the NHL regardless of how upset with them I was during the lockout, the only thing that would allow me to not purchase NHL 14(or insert other year number here), would be the existence of a competing hockey video game that is better, which is quite unlikely to happen as our world works it's way towards monopoly status in every industry.
EA beat out Bank of America in the finals. Read the other articles that show EA claiming that the only people who don‘t like EA are homophobes and/or just upset about Madden cover athletes.

Last edited by PlayTheTrap: 04-18-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old
04-18-2013, 05:16 PM
canucks95

Quote:
You can avoid getting injured by making your player “take it properly“.

Yeah, I wish we could play too. I love playing people from the Boards. I‘m 6-1-0 against HFBoards members, only loss was to Jared 4-3 and he keeps avoiding my rematch requests.

That‘s right JaredCowenFan, calling you out pubically!
You're on PS3 right? What is your PSN? I'm up for the challenge

add me if you want, just shoot me an invite when im on and we'll play

psn: mannyanddario

Old
04-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Quote:
EA beat out Bank of America in the finals. Read the other articles that show EA claiming that the only people who don‘t like EA are homophobes and/or just upset about Madden cover athletes.
I'm not saying I like the way EA is run, I just won't make a blanket statement about not buying the game, cause without the new nhl, i'd go nuts, i will be preordering it, contemplating season ticket for early release, and definitely owning it as of sept 14 2013 at the very latest, just the facts.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:49 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks95 View Post
You're on PS3 right? What is your PSN? I'm up for the challenge

add me if you want, just shoot me an invite when im on and we'll play

psn: mannyanddario
Sent a friend request, will be on later after the Jets game and my daughter goes to bed.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:54 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:
I'm not saying I like the way EA is run, I just won't make a blanket statement about not buying the game, cause without the new nhl, i'd go nuts, i will be preordering it, contemplating season ticket for early release, and definitely owning it as of sept 14 2013 at the very latest, just the facts.
It's easier for me because I've been boycotting franchises and whole companies since I was 11.

I'm a former professional gamer, and have admitted "grossly high standards" when it comes to games. I love hockey and it really sucks EA has a monopoly on NHL rights. The death of 2K hockey was the death of GOOD, PLAYABLE hockey games.

Closed Thread