HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2013, 01:58 PM
  #826
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years
 
PlayTheTrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
lol wasn't THAT based on chemistry or myers would be with phaneuf or weircoch
2 OFD together is 91 and a TWD/OFD pair is 95. I know 99 95 91 averages the same as 95 95 95 but one pair will pull ****** on positioning less often

PlayTheTrap is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 02:02 PM
  #827
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years
 
PlayTheTrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
Yeah, not even sure I'll get rid of either on Doughty/Burns, just trying out a 99 chem D see what difference I think it makes so that I can have my lineup solidified for the playoffs this month.

I've heard lots of good things about Lehtonen, think I'm gonna have to try him out, is there a SOTW version to try out with him, or just regular?
There's a SOTW version of Lehtonen, 90 OVR.

As for chemistry, other than SOTW versions, DFD are usually slow. Most of the best defensemen are OFD and TWD. My defense pairings are a reflection of my philosophy.

PlayTheTrap is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 03:06 PM
  #828
tututooter21
Registered User
 
tututooter21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: B.C.
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 500
Anyone have a Kovalchuk they wanna trade? PM me

tututooter21 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 03:38 PM
  #829
OttawaOilers
Formerly JCF
 
OttawaOilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by great1 View Post
Cowen is playing very well but unfortunately he doesn't put up a ton of points which means he probably won't ever see a SOTW. I would have liked to have seen SOTW Methot as well.
I know that, that's the sad thing. It shouldn't be all about points. They're biased. It should be more about points to deserve a SOTW..

OttawaOilers is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 04:11 PM
  #830
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheTrap View Post
There's a SOTW version of Lehtonen, 90 OVR.

As for chemistry, other than SOTW versions, DFD are usually slow. Most of the best defensemen are OFD and TWD. My defense pairings are a reflection of my philosophy.
That's a very good call was mostly interested to hear why you arranged it that way. Other than Chara there are 0 non SOTW DFD that make much sense on any team, Hedman was decent, but now h's TWD

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 04:19 PM
  #831
RinaldoZac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 429
vCash: 50
Anyone got a Giroux, Bobby Ryan or Tyler Myers ti trade on PS3

RinaldoZac is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 04:36 PM
  #832
Ginger Jesus
Registered User
 
Ginger Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
That's a very good call was mostly interested to hear why you arranged it that way. Other than Chara there are 0 non SOTW DFD that make much sense on any team, Hedman was decent, but now h's TWD
SOTW Suter is a straight beast.

Ginger Jesus is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 04:51 PM
  #833
Joel Ward
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Joel Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 500
Was thinking about quitting for a while, but instead have begun "retooling" my team. Adding big strong physical forwards and a quick defense has really improved my play.

- SOTY Getzlaf - SOTW Perry (C)
- Lemieux - SOTW Iginla
SOTY Hall - SOTW Thornton -
Chimera - Boyle - Hansen

SOTW Chara -
-
- SOTY Keith

SOTW Holtby

Available on PS3
SOTW: Henrik Zetterberg, Erik Karlsson, Kris Letang, Dion Phaneuf, Patrick Marleau, Braden Holtby, WJC SOTW
Regulars: Zdeno Chara, Rick Nash, Pekka Rinne, Dion Phaneuf, Shea Weber, Alex Pietrangelo, Dustin Byfuglien, Jarome Iginla, Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, Jimmy Howard and many more.

PM me if you are interested. Looking for Alex Ovechkin, Evgeni Malkin, SOTW Rick Nash, SOTY/SOTW PK Subban, SOTY/SOTW Alex Pietrangelo, SOTY Ryan Suter. SOTW Mike Green/SOTW Drew Doughty.

Joel Ward is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 05:57 PM
  #834
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,815
vCash: 500
bought a Tavares for 7.5k bid, put it up for 9.5k BIN and it sold instantly... god I love the suckers who wait around at the 60 min mark

matt1396 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 01:35 AM
  #835
Hrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
bought a Tavares for 7.5k bid, put it up for 9.5k BIN and it sold instantly... god I love the suckers who wait around at the 60 min mark
Lol did the same btu with a SOTW Kunitz. Bought for $20K, sold for $30K. $10K in 5 minutes

Hrad is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 01:54 AM
  #836
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
There, my team is done for now offensively

Zetterberg/Kesler/Havlat
Eriksson/Getzlaf/Benn
Lucic/Bergeron/Horton
Fleischmann/Vermette/Versteeg

Burns/Carlson
Bouwmeester/Bogosian
Campbell/Shattenkirk

Now to build my defense

GodTukka* is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 02:22 AM
  #837
OttawaOilers
Formerly JCF
 
OttawaOilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
There, my team is done for now offensively

Zetterberg/Kesler/Havlat
Eriksson/Getzlaf/Benn
Lucic/Bergeron/Horton
Fleischmann/Vermette/Versteeg

Burns/Carlson
Bouwmeester/Bogosian
Campbell/Shattenkirk

Now to build my defense
Nice team. Very well rounded. Who are your Goalies?

Nice avatar BTW, lol. You make it yourself?

OttawaOilers is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 02:35 AM
  #838
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Anybody got any tips for playing goaltender during the shootout?

Pretty proud of myself on this one, took an amateur playoff champion who had Crosby, Ovi, Datsyuk, Malkin, Gretzky, etc for a team, mine's no slouch, but it doesn't look like that. Outplayed him, but his Hasek outplayed my new Lehtonen. Lost in the shootout. Suck so bad at goal. Help!

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 03:10 AM
  #839
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Nice team. Very well rounded. Who are your Goalies?

Nice avatar BTW, lol. You make it yourself?
Nah lol, the avy came from the Bruins board, it was supposed to be part of the playoff theme for us fans but i think it fell through.

Right now i'm rolling with Nabokov and Biron, i refuse to dump pucks into guys who get shelled when Nabby can win games on his own when i need him to.

I might look into upgrading my d i'm just not sure what exactly i need, probably a better guy to go alongside Burns

GodTukka* is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 03:40 AM
  #840
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
Nah lol, the avy came from the Bruins board, it was supposed to be part of the playoff theme for us fans but i think it fell through.

Right now i'm rolling with Nabokov and Biron, i refuse to dump pucks into guys who get shelled when Nabby can win games on his own when i need him to.

I might look into upgrading my d i'm just not sure what exactly i need, probably a better guy to go alongside Burns
You're a bruins fan and you don't know the answer? I'll give you a hint, it starts with a BIG Z!!!!!

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:06 AM
  #841
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Z plays on the left side, and my left side D is actually strong (Burns and Bouw both have the reach, hitting ability and speed.)

Tyler Myers might be the guy i look into, pretty much just a right side version of Chara, talk about the towers of power :S

GodTukka* is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:48 AM
  #842
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Looking for Hasek on 360.

Would like to offer some combination of Hossa, any card from CBJ except Rick Nash, Kipper, 15 duration.

Also, to anyone who has used him, how good is Letang?

Burns is naturally a RD I forgot to look back at your team, I really do enjoy my Tyler Myers as well. Another option, a little smaller, but I really like him so far, and you can find him really cheap right now, on RD is Alex Pieterangelo.

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 08:18 AM
  #843
Joel Ward
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Joel Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
Anybody got any tips for playing goaltender during the shootout?

Pretty proud of myself on this one, took an amateur playoff champion who had Crosby, Ovi, Datsyuk, Malkin, Gretzky, etc for a team, mine's no slouch, but it doesn't look like that. Outplayed him, but his Hasek outplayed my new Lehtonen. Lost in the shootout. Suck so bad at goal. Help!
When playing in goal in the shootout, make sure not to be deep in your net and don't move too much unless you are 100% sure that the shooter has committed to that side. Also don't be afraid to use the "flying poke check". It is really effective, even if they score on you because it often makes the shooter think twice before going straight at you, especially if you kind of fake it.

Hope this helps!

Joel Ward is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 10:32 AM
  #844
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years
 
PlayTheTrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherCorruption View Post
When playing in goal in the shootout, make sure not to be deep in your net and don't move too much unless you are 100% sure that the shooter has committed to that side. Also don't be afraid to use the "flying poke check". It is really effective, even if they score on you because it often makes the shooter think twice before going straight at you, especially if you kind of fake it.

Hope this helps!
It's hard to describe playing good goalie. Don't over-commit, play aggressive and challenge the shooter and use the butterfly and flying poke check when they get close.

Unlike real life, you can miss the puck and hit the shooter on those poke checks without penalty. In this game, it's a save. In real life, it's an automatic goal.

PlayTheTrap is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 11:49 AM
  #845
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
looks like i'm gonna be test driving a hasek, still got an untouched hossa if anyone's interested 360 posted for 12 hrs team name death666. if you send a trade offer i will look at it tonight, but won't be around for the next 5-7 hours


Last edited by Grounded Star: 04-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 01:49 PM
  #846
Pitboy43
PS4
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, IL PS4
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Anyone need the following on PS3? Looking for pucks and/or trade offers!

Nash
Marleau
C Ward
Byfuglien
Couture
Thornton
E Kane
Hossa
Benn
Bryzgalov

Pitboy43 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 02:18 PM
  #847
nerdybeard
Registered User
 
nerdybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Gettin ready for the next playoffs. My lineup is pretty much complete, just tweaking the D a bit. (PS3)

Zetterberg(C) / Toews / Kovalchuk
Thornton(A) / SOTW Pavelski / Marleau
SOTW Oshie / Kesler / Hossa
Booth / M. Richards / Carter

Phaneuf / Burns(A)
SOTW Suter / Green
Keith / Myers

Ward/Lehtonen

I want to replace Green with Karlsson or a SOTW OFD.

Trade pile: Green, Fleury, 30k pucks

nerdybeard is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 02:53 PM
  #848
RinaldoZac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 429
vCash: 50
Have a $20 PSN Card will trade it for HUT players on PS3 message me with offer! Pucks or Players

RinaldoZac is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 03:21 PM
  #849
sniper515
Registered User
 
sniper515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brampton
Country: Canada
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
UT TOTY Kadri
Karlsson (changed to San Jose, approx 25 GP)
SOTW Schneider
Available for trade or sale on PS3

sniper515 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 03:48 PM
  #850
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,815
vCash: 500
selling a Kurri on xbox, 65k start price, 67.5k BIN cheapest on xbox

matt1396 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.