HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Utah[Phoenix] @ Milwaukee 7:00 CST 4/15

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2005, 10:18 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
This team has no heart. It's hard to seriously follow them, and I've felt that way for the past few weeks. I've never seen such a hot-cold, "will they show up\won't they" team.

Old
04-15-2005, 10:24 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
pivko dives everytime he's touched....i counted 5 times in two shifts he went down trying to draw a penalty..(which he finally did)...but man i hate that

I gotta admit, nothing about Pivko has impressed me this year.

Old
04-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Pred303

i think the team certainly has some holes and problems..

1)finley can be wildly inconsistent
2)the third d pairing of hutchinson-tiley is horrible defensively
3)shishkanov-pivko have been invisible for long stretches of games and have really dissapointed(especially pivko)
4)kotyk is a weak backup
5)the youngsters suter-klein-zanon still make rookie mistakes in coverage
6)hutchinson thinks he is a 4th forward almost every shift
7)the pk is weak for some reason despite having about 15 guys that can play on the pk unit(this should be one of their strong points honestly)
8)the team has mental lapses on shifts right after they score a goal way too often
9)the obvious trouble they've had holding big leads lately is really mysterious
10)without yablonski they really have no muscle to match against the heavyweights

but...this is a different team when smith,haydar,fiddler are all healthy and on the ice....gives depth and speed to all 4 lines and makes this a very dangerous team when they have everyone healthy...in turn that added offensive pressure from all 4 lines takes pressure off the young defense and finley...now it didn't show tonight,but it still does nevertheless

the funny thing is the Admirals didn't play poorly tonight..they just got beat,made simple mistakes early and Utah made them pay for everyone they made,and got them in the hole...those two wraparounds were backbreakers,where the forward cleanly beat the dman(first one was zanon,then hutchinson) and walks out around the far side totally one on one with finley....finley didn't make good saves on either and the shots were both stoppable,but still hard to fault him on those...or the two pp goals..

true i don't see much fire right now,and haven't since before haydar was injured...but i still have hopes

Closed Thread