HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim / Philadelphia

Old
04-01-2013, 05:42 AM
RorschachWJK

vCash: 500
Anaheim / Philadelphia

To Anaheim: Kimmo Timonen, Sean Couturier

To Philadelphia: Bobby Ryan, Bryan Allen

Addresses Anaheim's need for a top 4 D for the playoffs and possibly 2C although Couturier hasn't been all that hot. What would need to be added by the teams in terms of picks & prospects?

RorschachWJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:46 AM
Exit Dose

Doesn't make sense for us right now. Couturier isn't any more of a second line center than Holland is. In spite of some complaining around our boards, it doesn't make sense to move Ryan at the moment.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:58 AM
tade

Oh god please, tell me that this is April joke, that this proposal is not serious. Kimmo Timonen for Bryan Allen! Yes someone really proposed this, hats off (ironic obviously). What would do our defense without Kimmo? Kimmo might be 38 yo but he's still awesome and scary good, without him there is really NO defense in Philly.
One of the most underrated defenceman in the league for decade or even more, finnish god of defense.

Sean Couturier for Bobby Ryan straight up is enough I'm sure. Maybe Philly could add some decent prospect or 2nd/3rd draft pick.

tade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:12 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by RorschachWJK View Post
To Anaheim: Kimmo Timonen, Sean Couturier

To Philadelphia: Bobby Ryan, Bryan Allen

Addresses Anaheim's need for a top 4 D for the playoffs and possibly 2C although Couturier hasn't been all that hot. What would need to be added by the teams in terms of picks & prospects?
I suggested Couturier and Timonen for Ryan+ quite recently, and there didn't seem to be much interest. I didn't think it was terrible, though.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:29 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
The flyers would be so bad after this trade. Kimmo pretty much goes nowhere.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:33 AM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I suggested Couturier and Timonen for Ryan+ quite recently, and there didn't seem to be much interest. I didn't think it was terrible, though.
That's what I thought as well. To the poster above: this is not an April Fools Day proposal :-) I know full well the skills and importance of Timonen, that's why I am asking what would be the picks/prospects needed to make this more balanced. But like someone already pointed out, Couturier isn't all that great from the POV of Anaheim's needs so this proposal is not all that skewed. If Anaheim would throw Sbisa and a pick in the deal, would that pry out someone at F more useful than Couturier?

I am assuming that Philadelphia is going to need to do a rebuilding anyways.

Old
04-01-2013, 06:36 AM
Exit Dose

We're heading for the playoffs. We aren't looking for radical alterations to our roster. A rental or two at most, and if the team needs reworking we'll do that in the summer.

Old
04-01-2013, 06:43 AM
helgo

Why would Anaheim do this? It just doesn't make a sense to trade away Bobby Ryan for someone, who could be your 2C like 2, 3 years in the future, right before the play-off run...

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:59 AM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
Why would Anaheim do this? It just doesn't make a sense to trade away Bobby Ryan for someone, who could be your 2C like 2, 3 years in the future, right before the play-off run...
Because there's a need for a 2C AND a top 4 defenseman. Going to playoffs with Sbisa and Allen as our number 4 and 5 dmen doesn't inspire at all...so bringing Timonen in the second pairing with Fowler and having Lovejoy & Lydman (and Vatanen in case of injuries) as the bottom pairing would be the solution.

But yeah, in addition to Timonen, the return to Anaheim at forward would need to be someone more proven than Couturier.

So to Anaheim: Timonen + a proven top 6 forward (Hartnell?)
To Philly: Ryan, Allen, Sbisa + pick

Old
04-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Because there's a need for a 2C AND a top 4 defenseman. Going to playoffs with Sbisa and Allen as our number 4 and 5 dmen doesn't inspire at all...so bringing Timonen in the second pairing with Fowler and having Lovejoy & Lydman (and Vatanen in case of injuries) as the bottom pairing would be the solution.

But yeah, in addition to Timonen, the return to Anaheim at forward would need to be someone more proven than Couturier.

Nope.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:07 AM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Nope.
Fine then but I think Anaheim needs to do something about at least one of the gaping holes. Bring in either a top 4 dman or a top 6 forward, rental or not. That would be the bare minimum. Adding Steckel and Dvorak isn't going to be enough to go deep in the playoffs this time.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Ciccio1980

Couturier is not worth bobby Ryan maybe if you add your 1st you get closer

Ciccio1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Exit Dose

Those players were added because we had injuries. They're there to keep us going while Bonino and Beleskey recover from their injuries.

We are not trading Ryan for a deal anchored by a 37 year-old.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:19 AM
tade

Quote:

Well, if we are talking about value this sounds better but I think it is still quite big no from both teams. Philly would say no for sure.

On the proposal: Remove Bryan Allen and keep him on your team because he's useless for us (and with big cap hit) + as a pick add your 1st 2013.

It could look like:

Timonen + Hartnell for Ryan, Sbisa and 1st draft pick 2013 -> value might be there but as I said It's probably no from both teams. It's not possible for us losing Kimmo at this point.

//Also it would be very bad act by Holmgren and Flyers organization trading Kimmo away. He needs to retire as a Flyer. We just shouldn't even mention Kimmo in any proposal.

Last edited by tade: 04-01-2013 at 07:30 AM.
tade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccio1980 View Post
Couturier is not worth bobby Ryan maybe if you add your 1st you get closer
No thanks. Not when they can sign him as a UFA in a couple of years.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Jack de la Hoya

I think Flyers and Ducks fans should make a solemn vow to ignore any Ryan-to-Philly threads. Maybe it will make sense two years from now, but not today, not this offseason, and not next year.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:

Wow

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:18 AM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Wow
Feel free to adjust. That is just a basis. Doesn't seem to be a popular one, though, judging by the responses :-)

Old
04-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I think Flyers and Ducks fans should make a solemn vow to ignore any Ryan-to-Philly threads. Maybe it will make sense two years from now, but not today, not this offseason, and not next year.
If Clowe is indeed going to Philly, then I think these proposals will take a much needed vacation until the two sides start to line up.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Feel free to adjust. That is just a basis. Doesn't seem to be a popular one, though, judging by the responses :-)
Yeah, Kimmo just doesn't really work these days. Unfortunately, because I always liked him a ton. But with his extension for next year and the extensions we have kicking in this summer, it would be a mess financially. And the Flyers need him so much more than we do, right now, and I really don't believe they'll see themselves as sellers.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Paul4587

This won't make sense for us until the draft - we're looking to add a couple of rentals for the playoffs not trade our third best forward to replace him with a 19 year old (no matter how much potential the 19 year old has).

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:59 AM
bootsgaudet

if they were to do somthing right it'd be along the lines of this.

Read+Courtier+Timmonen

for

Ryan+Allen/sbisa+2nd nyi

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tade View Post

Sean Couturier for Bobby Ryan straight up is enough I'm sure.

Kyle Palmieri for Hartnell straight up is enough I'm sure.

This isn't NHL 13 buddy. Flyers would need to add big time.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:13 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tade View Post
Well, if we are talking about value this sounds better but I think it is still quite big no from both teams. Philly would say no for sure.

On the proposal: Remove Bryan Allen and keep him on your team because he's useless for us (and with big cap hit) + as a pick add your 1st 2013.

It could look like:

Timonen + Hartnell for Ryan, Sbisa and 1st draft pick 2013 -> value might be there but as I said It's probably no from both teams. It's not possible for us losing Kimmo at this point.

//Also it would be very bad act by Holmgren and Flyers organization trading Kimmo away. He needs to retire as a Flyer. We just shouldn't even mention Kimmo in any proposal.
Not great value for the Ducks. Hartnell for Ryan doesn't solve any holes since they play the same position, while Ryan has better careers stats and is younger, Sbisa and a 1st is too much to pay for a few months of Timonen

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:17 AM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
Anaheim still doesn't have the team that went 22-3-3

Players injured/playing hurt
Bad flu going around dressing room.

Dvorak was just a replacement while couple players are sick, seems like depth was fine before.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote