HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

4th line

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 06:00 AM
caper13

vCash: 500
4th line

what the heck was ward and higgs playing on the forth line fore they are not being used properly they need to be on the 2nd or 3rd lines for some grit and passion and what the hell was breezby and reverse doing on the same ice together....and why wasnt ryder in his work ethic alone would of helped .

Old
09-24-2003, 06:08 AM
Mike8

Why the heck are you getting all worked up over preseason?

Old
09-24-2003, 06:14 AM
caper13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Why the heck are you getting all worked up over preseason?
because they deserve to be played on the top lines because of the passion and desire they bring unlike some of the vetern clowns and because they deserve it.....and so does ryder.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:22 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper13
because they deserve to be played on the top lines because of the passion and desire they bring unlike some of the vetern clowns and because they deserve it.....and so does ryder.
The point is preseason doesn't matter. Markov's only played 1 preseason game. He deserves to play much more than any other Montreal defenseman. Komisarek didn't play last night, and deserves to play more than Traverse. It doesn't mean they won't be played according to their talent and work ethic come regular season, it just means preseason doesn't matter.

Personally, I don't even know who won between Montreal and Toronto last night, much less what type of minutes everyone saw. That's how important preseason is, in my opinion.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:24 AM
GilleZ

Hehe its funny to see Traverse being with Brisebois again. HEHEHE And they where not on the ice for a goal against them. Maybe its a combination we will see this year. HEHEHE

Old
09-24-2003, 06:32 AM
caper13

good point mike 8.thanks.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:41 AM
caper13

but i sure hope gille z is wrong...i guess when things get down to the nitty gritty everything will fall into place ...hopefully just getting a little anxious thanks.

Old
09-24-2003, 07:11 AM
NWT Habs Fan

As for Higgins on the 4th line, I for one think it makes sense. Chris is still just 20 years old, is used to NCAA hockey, and will likely be playing at least twice as many games this season as in any season in his past. The biggest Higgins misconception is that he is the saviour for the 2003-04 season. That just isn't the case, as management is clearly showing signs that they are going to ease him in slowly and he will be a key part of Habs' teams beyond this season.

To avoid rushing his development, he is getting less than average ice time, but that is compared to guys who have all played in the NHL before. He is being tested out at both LW and C to see what options management have. This is just good management of a young resource, and I am very confident that management will insert Chris into more and more important roles as they see his development progressing as planned.

Old
09-24-2003, 07:32 AM
Habber

Somebody had to fill the 4th line centerman role. Next game , it might be reversed. Maybe they wanted to see Plakanec a bit more this game, and Higgs will get more icetime next game.

It's just how things go in the preseason. Relax.

Old
09-24-2003, 08:47 AM
caper13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Somebody had to fill the 4th line centerman role. Next game , it might be reversed. Maybe they wanted to see Plakanec a bit more this game, and Higgs will get more icetime next game.

It's just how things go in the preseason. Relax.
yea i guess you guys are right just relax and see what happens. :p

Closed Thread