HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Mory Schneideur*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethNJD View Post
I'm sure Lou has been testing the waters, fact is nj isn't a hot area for players to want to come to, so we need to build from within or overpay (see kovalchuk). We just need to figure out how to stop hemmoraging top free agents.
I never understood that. We are six miles and two train stops away from the center of the known universe, manhattan & the worlds most famous arena, MSG.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Glencross rumored price is apparently a nearly ready NHL forward and mid round pick.

Wonder if they would do it for Josefson...I don't think Lou would though
I'm not sure why Lou wouldn't. I'm not very high on Jacob since Loki has emerged. I would be comfortable dealing him though if Loki does jump ship to the KHL it could get ugly. I like Jacob too, but he's not an untouchable to me anymore like Henrique, or Larsson.

Now for Glencross he's probably not worth it. Though for someone better who is contracted past this year then why the hell not?

Old
04-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Baggy Spandex
The Nightman Cometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
i like Yandle, but i think he is nothing we should trade for atm...we have bigger issues to solve.

for me, Pominiville, St. Louis or Versteeg are options we should go for if they are available...
**** that guy emphatically. He plays the worst brand of hockey.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:51 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Glencross rumored price is apparently a nearly ready NHL forward and mid round pick.

Wonder if they would do it for Josefson...I don't think Lou would though
Inexplicably a huge Josefson fan, so I always hesitate when his name comes up.
But Calgary is in need of centers with top 6 potential and the Devils are pretty set down the middle for now. I think Josefson is a return they'd definitely be receptive too.

Don't have a 3rd... and in this draft, I'd like to keep the 2nd to try and see who falls.
But, I'd pull the trigger on that. With great hesitation. But, I would.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Versteeg is injured for the remainder of the season I think.

You guys must have forgot the last two games against Florida over the last two weekends where we didn't get scored on by him!

Old
04-03-2013, 01:05 AM
KohoDonuts88
#SaluteMB30

Flames would be fools to let Glencross go right now. A 20-goal scorer on a great cap hit for another 2 years? You keep him as part of your core moving forward. As bad as Feaster is, can he be that stupid?

Rhetorical question.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:07 AM
apice3*

Calgary was stuck in limbo and have given up on it and have entered full on suck for draft pick mode. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded anybody.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:10 AM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
Flames would be fools to let Glencross go right now. A 20-goal scorer on a great cap hit for another 2 years? You keep him as part of your core moving forward. As bad as Feaster is, can he be that stupid?

Rhetorical question.
Any other GM, I say Glencross is not on the table. They need some type of skilled player, and at least some remaining veteran presence.

But it is Feaster and he has declared the Calgary Flames, in his own words, open for business.
All the big name rumor pushers (Dreger, Friedman, etc) seem to think everyone but Baertschi is available for the right price.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:12 AM
apice3*

Quote:
That's awesome

Old
04-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post

Rhetorical question.
Well, they're not likely to ever find a time where more teams considering themselves buyers than right now. Odds are he's going to get a far better return for Glencross now than he ever would down the line (barring him greatly outperforming what he normally does). Unless you plan to keep him forever.... now isn't a bad time to move him.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:26 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
When does the Ryan Clowe special air on MSG?

Old
04-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Daren Millard ‏@darenmillard 26s
That would be a gr8 fit but devils have been quiet“@Scottyk9: Devils staying status quo or find a deadline steal for a scorer ? Hemsky ?”

Old
04-03-2013, 01:32 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Like Mastercard, Priceless.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:34 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
That would be a gr8 fit but devils have been quiet“@Scottyk9: Devils staying status quo or find a deadline steal for a scorer ? Hemsky ?”
Think Millard knows anything about the Devils though? It seems our stuff doesn't leak. Like someone said though rumors are always fun to read, and sometimes not fun when you read things like this despite it possibly not being true.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Think Millard knows anything about the Devils though? It seems our stuff doesn't leak. Like someone said though rumors are always fun to read, and sometimes not fun when you read things like this despite it possibly not being true.
Who knows...but I figured better to ask him than some random "insider"

Old
04-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Devil X

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
As is Lou always....

Never know till its done

Old
04-03-2013, 01:38 AM
Scott04

Depends on what way he means "quiet." Could be quiet in the sense of not working the phones much/not really being "in" on anything notable. Or it could mean the usual of "not much is coming out about them one way or another." The one drawback of twitter is that vagueness because of the character limit.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:41 AM
B A T M A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Buffalo fans said they would take Matteau + Urbom + 1st for Vanek

Yes please
Lol, seriously?

Old
04-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Devil X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Depends on what way he means "quiet." Could be quiet in the sense of not working the phones much/not really being "in" on anything notable. Or it could mean the usual of "not much is coming out about them one way or another." The one drawback of twitter is that vagueness because of the character limit.
No one ever knows if Lou is working the phones it almost never comes out. Look at the Poni, Lokti, or Dags trade NO clue until it was done.

Hell even the Kovy trade we were rumored but then nothing then boom he was ours.

If it was any other team or GM I'd say that means no calls but with Lou it just means nothing anyone has heard because thats Lou's style, and they wont hear till its done (if anything gets done)

Old
04-03-2013, 01:45 AM
apice3*

Trading Matteau + 1st rounder would make Adam Larsson the only 1st round pick we have over the 5 drafts from 2010-2014

Not something I'd be excited to do.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:48 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

My buddy said McKenzie broke the Poni trade about a minute before Lou did. Though it was announced 15 minutes before that Lou would be holding a conference call with the media. I wasn't home that night though. I was out with my girl, and didn't hear about it until I got home at like 12:30 or 1:00 AM.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Devil X

Quote:
My buddy said McKenzie broke the Poni trade about a minute before Lou did. Though it was announced 15 minutes before that Lou would be holding a conference call with the media. I wasn't home that night though. I was out with my girl, and didn't hear about it until I got home at like 12:30 or 1:00 AM.
Yea this whole board didnt know what it was injury information on someone who had just been hurt or something else.

People leaned toward trade some even jokingly guess it was Poni, imagine the shock!

Old
04-03-2013, 01:51 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
Yea this whole board didnt know what it was injury information on someone who had just been hurt or something else.

People leaned toward trade some even jokingly guess it was Poni, imagine the shock!
My buddy thought maybe it was an announcement of Clarkson possibly being extended too.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:52 AM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Anything within 15 minutes isn't "breaking" much, in my eyes. That's just being the quickest draw.

And all he said was something like "Hearing Ponikarovsky is being traded. Maybe it's NJ?" or something to that nature. Basically he put 2+2 together with word of Poni about to leave town, Zubrus injured and Lou holding the conference call.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Devil X

Quote:
My buddy thought maybe it was an announcement of Clarkson possibly being extended too.
Yep that was floating around also.

Thats another one not 1 person knew Zajac was even being talked to about a new contract.

Lou holds the cards tight, and frankly with social media and the contacts some of these guys have its pretty amazing he keeps things soooooo quite all the time.

As a fan its a blessing and a curse, its cool to hear ur team is going after a big player, gets ur hopes up then if u lose out it sucks thinking about what could have been. If you dont know anything you dont realize its a real possibility so you dont think about it as much and then Boom it happens and its like a surprise. I like the way does things frankly.

Closed Thread