HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 01:01 AM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Being so tight lipped often leads to some negative nancy's here truly believing that Lou isn't exploring options.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Being so tight lipped often leads to some negative nancy's here truly believing that Lou isn't exploring options.
Come on we all know he's sitting at his desk watching the golden girls eating a bowl of oatmeal with sun dial to tell him what time it is.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Devil X

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Of course it does!!

Gotta find someone to blame. As many people have said it takes 2 to make a deal. If other GMs and buying what Lou is selling nothing is going to happen. Which happens more often then people think i believe.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Emperoreddy
In Ray We Trust

Ya it is impossible to know if Lou will or will not be doing anything because there are no leaks. Anything could happen with Lou tomorrow or nothing.

Need to be prepared that Lou stands pat and unless there is a decent deal for one of our Dmen because I don't want a return of pots and pans. Even if Lou seems to be able to turn pots and pans into hold with miracle grow.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

I wouldn't mind one of the d men going for pots and pans cause it sheds cap room for next year at least. I'm talking someone like Tallinder. We can spend that on a forward. No issues with Tallinder other than those 3 putrid games over a month ago, but it's just more of a need right now.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:14 AM
apice3*

Honestly, I really don't mind not knowing what goes on behind closed doors. In the grand scheme of things, hearing rumors a few minutes early doesn't really have any value. The lack of leaks also allows Lou to do things without players knowledge, which is sometimes a good thing.

I can't think of any recent ocurrence in the NHL, but once Dwight Howard trade rumors started swirling when he was on Orlando, he mentally checked out, his performance slipped, a coach got fired, and the team sucked. Then the Magic got shortchanged in a trade, and now the player and the team are both worse off. Such a mess.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:16 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Honestly, I really don't mind not knowing what goes on behind closed doors. In the grand scheme of things, hearing rumors a few minutes early doesn't really have any value. The lack of leaks also allows Lou to do things without players knowledge, which is sometimes a good thing.

I can't think of any recent ocurrence in the NHL, but once Dwight Howard trade rumors started swirling when he was on Orlando, he mentally checked out, his performance slipped, a coach got fired, and the team sucked. Then the Magic got shortchanged in a trade, and now the player and the team are both worse off. Such a mess.
I was just typing up something of a similar nature.

James Reimer flat out admitted today that the deadline has become a huge distraction for him and that he was thankful he didn't have to play til after it had past.

With everyone and their mother in on the fact that Toronto is exploring further options in goal, it's in his head that he has to play better than ever to keep his job.

And can you imagine what's been in Clowe's head? It's basically been a countdown to his inevitable trade for the majority of the season.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Please no Luongo to Toronto, please god no. The last thing we need is to have to play the original goodyear blimp two more times this season.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:16 AM
Marshal Rochambeau
USS Freedom Bringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Please no Luongo to Toronto, please god no. The last thing we need is to have to play the original goodyear blimp two more times this season.
It will all be over in a few hours.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:06 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
It will all be over in a few hours.
I like the Canucks in the west, and I love Cory Schneider. However I was kinda hoping he'd get shelled a couple times so they would hold onto Luongo for at least the rest of the season!

I don't care if Luongo goes to another team out west or a team that we don't have to play again this year in the east. Our record against him since he's been with the Canucks starts with a big fat 0 despite only playing him once a year. He's also the stereotypical goaltender our team has big trouble scoring on.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Buffalo fans said they would take Matteau + Urbom + 1st for Vanek

Yes please
I'm surprised they agreed to that price. It's shockingly reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
Flames would be fools to let Glencross go right now. A 20-goal scorer on a great cap hit for another 2 years? You keep him as part of your core moving forward. As bad as Feaster is, can he be that stupid?

Rhetorical question.
It's Feaster, and he's in fire sale mode. He absolutely would be dumb enough to do it.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:26 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

for those stuck at work like me:

http://www.tsn.ca/TradeCentre/TradeTracker2013/

i really hope lou sells like mad, but i know he won't. should be a pretty disappointing day either way

Old
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
day1devilsfan

tsn stream does not work in the US I'm seeing, but sportsnet is working... Love watching this all day @ work!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/events/nhl-trade-deadline-2013/

Old
04-03-2013, 07:33 AM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

vCash: 1120
Status quo

Old
04-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

i am only tuning in to see what happens with the leafs.

this day hasn't lived up to the hype in years.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Richer's Ghost
McCleod is here

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Come on we all know he's sitting at his desk watching the golden girls eating a bowl of oatmeal with sun dial to tell him what time it is.
c'mon... you know Lou watches Matlock and the Rockford Files. He loves him a mystery to solve.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Czech Trio

It seems a lot of team are looking to add a defensemen for the playoff push and beyond. I assume the price could get pretty high for a guy like Tallinder or even Fayne (really good package). Thoughts?

Old
04-03-2013, 07:51 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Trio View Post
It seems a lot of team are looking to add a defensemen for the playoff push and beyond. I assume the price could get pretty high for a guy like Tallinder or even Fayne (really good package). Thoughts?
the problem I see with that is that if lou deals either or both of them, he’ll want roster players coming back. I would really prefer he deals tallinder or whoever for 1st-2nd round picks, which we desperately need (either this year or the next)

Old
04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
day1devilsfan

If you can flip a D man + pick for top 6 forward and get an over payment for Clarkson today I will stop doubting the kool-aid man... #dreaming!

Old
04-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Oneiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
the problem I see with that is that if lou deals either or both of them, he’ll want roster players coming back. I would really prefer he deals tallinder or whoever for 1st-2nd round picks, which we desperately need (either this year or the next)
Yeah.

Now, when the return might possibly be higher than at the draft, I'd rather he make the trade and bring up Urbom if one of the other seven dwarfs go down.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:10 AM
MadDog172430
The Best of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by day1devilsfan View Post
tsn stream does not work in the US I'm seeing, but sportsnet is working... Love watching this all day @ work!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/events/nhl-trade-deadline-2013/
Thanks for this! I couldn't get TSN to work myself.

Very interested to see what happens. So many teams are in the hunt for a d-man it seems, I wonder if we finally bite and trade one of ours?

Old
04-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Devil X

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
I hope i am not the only one who finds this funny

Old
04-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
If Clowe can get a 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd, Clarkson should be able to get a king's ransom. But the Devils aren't really in the position to trade one of their leading scorers.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:36 AM
day1devilsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
If Clowe can get a 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd, Clarkson should be able to get a king's ransom. But the Devils aren't really in the position to trade one of their leading scorers.
I disagree... We are in a perfect position to trade away our "leading" scorer. He can't score anymore! Strike while the iron is hot! Anyone in Albany can come up and take ice time and do the same not scoring Clarkson does now...

Old
04-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Tretyak 20

Quote:

I suscribe to Lou's webcam. He's in his office playing checkers with Dave Conte. There's a bagel on the table with what appears to be cream cheese and strawberry jam. Also, "LECAVALIER!!!!!" is written really big on the dry erase board.

Closed Thread