HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Columbus a Buyer; One of their 1st round picks in play for scoring help

Old
04-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Ranfordrocks

vCash: 500
foolish move there playing over there heads right now there better off keeping and drafting there players

bluejackets are still in a rebuild mode.

Ranfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:38 PM
SchultzSquared*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
not terrible...but he's a FA coming up and not what the jackets are probably looking for
Hahaha... so a 27-year-old with 18 points and impending UFA is "not terrible"... but you want nothing to do with a 29-year-old with 19 points who has one more year after this...

Got to love how much disrespect Hemsky gets even from a team that has been as bad as Edmonton the last couple years...

SchultzSquared* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
Pominville isn't worth a 1st?
he could be worth a 1st to a contender like Boston... but the CBJ aren't winning a cup this year. He's 30 and only signed one more year. Hard to imagine him being a core part of the team going forward.

If you read the reports, they'd be willing to give up a 1st for a guy that can help now but also be a part of the team going forward.

It makes more sense for them to package a 1st + Brassard and a prospect for Bobby Ryan (or a deal of that nature). Giving up value and a 1st for a young scorer who can be part of the future.

Stafford isn't worth a first because of how bad he has been this year.

IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:41 PM
JumpierPegasus
GRANlunD LARSENy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
This is no offense to Raymond, but I really would rather we steered clear of him. After his injury he hasn't seemed the same. If he hadn't fractured his vertebrae against the Bruins he would be one of the few players I would be hard after.

Hope and think he can be an impact player at the NHL in the near future but I'd rather let Vancouver take that chance than Columbus.
Not this season. He's back to form, and not as afraid as in last season. He's willing to go into the corner's now, and isn't as much of a perimeter player. He's been rock solid for the Canucks lately.

Only reason I see Columbus doing this is if they can get Raymond to agree on a contract beforehand. He's a pending UFA, and if they have no way to sign him for next season, they don't want him.

JumpierPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Hahaha... so a 27-year-old with 18 points and impending UFA is "not terrible"... but you want nothing to do with a 29-year-old with 19 points who has one more year after this...

Got to love how much disrespect Hemsky gets even from a team that has been as bad as Edmonton the last couple years...
what has he done to make EDM better? 3 straight #1 picks...i understand you love your player, but as much as you guys try to deal him, even you guys know he's not worth keeping...Like I said, whether you want to get it or not, most of us want nothing to do with him...just accept it...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranfordrocks View Post
foolish move there playing over there heads right now there better off keeping and drafting there players

bluejackets are still in a rebuild mode.
Yes. And adding a young player can help that rebuild.

I missed the part of that report that said the Jackets were trading Jenner, Murray, and all three of their firsts for veteran help?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Quote:
My only qualm is that we may finally have gotten something right (our defense). Let's not dismantle it unless we're positive it won't also dismantle our game.

I would be, some other CBJ fans wouldn't be. He makes a good chunk of change and only has 1 year left. But I don't think he's a whacko like Carter and would stay if Columbus were competitive and he had a high profile role on the team.

Question is what would it cost?
Would Stastny + one of O'Byrne/Zanon/O'Brien/Wilson + Kobasew for LA's 1st + Erixon + cap dump be interesting to the Jackets at all? If you would prefer you could replace Kobasew with either Patteerson or Millan (goalie prospects which are doing rather well in the CHL). I so understand that thsi would be a pretty big risk from CBJ's POV given Paulie's contract, so I think this would be more realistic in the offseason when the Jackets could work on a contract extension with Stastny before the deal goes through.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
This is about as realistic as Chris Krieder winning the Calder
Aren't you the guy who swore up and down you'd get one of Kreider, Stepan or McDonagh for Nash?

Clown Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:46 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Would Stastny + one of O'Byrne/Zanon/O'Brien/Wilson + Kobasew for LA's 1st + Erixon + cap dump be interesting to the Jackets at all? If you would prefer you could replace Kobasew with either Patteerson or Millan (goalie prospects which are doing rather well in the CHL). I so understand that thsi would be a pretty big risk from CBJ's POV given Paulie's contract, so I think this would be more realistic in the offseason when the Jackets could work on a contract extension with Stastny before the deal goes through.
No interest, IMO. I don't really want Stastny and I definitely don't want to trade Erixon.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
probably gonna be very taboo to say, but with the potential cap trouble on horizon for COL (landeskog next deal, the potential #1 pick deal, etc) what can be looked at as far as a deal for Duchene? or is he completely off the table?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
probably gonna be very taboo to say, but with the potential cap trouble on horizon for COL (landeskog next deal, the potential #1 pick deal, etc) what can be looked at as far as a deal for Duchene? or is he completely off the table?
Stastny would be the piece to go I have to think unless Colorado management knows something we don't. Duchene/O'Reilly/Landeskog seem to be the forward core going forwards.

I would be hesitant to trade Erixon because that would be his 4th team since he was drafted in 2009. He's very promising too but you have to give to get. I'm up on Stastny but many other fans aren't so I can't speak for everyone.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:52 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Aren't you the guy who swore up and down you'd get one of Kreider, Stepan or McDonagh for Nash?
Anisimov is better than Krieder or Stepan, so we actually did better. But not sure what that has to do with CBJ dealing a first.

Again - the reports said if they could add a piece that could help now for the playoff push and in the future, they would be willing to part with one of their firsts....How they equates to your idea of them trading 3 roster players and a 1st for a washed up 31 year old soon to be UFA is beyond me.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Anisimov is better than Krieder or Stepan, so we actually did better. But not sure what that has to do with CBJ dealing a first.

Again - the reports said if they could add a piece that could help now for the playoff push and in the future, they would be willing to part with one of their firsts....How they equates to your idea of them trading 3 roster players and a 1st for a washed up 31 year old soon to be UFA is beyond me.
Disagree with Anisimov being better than Stepan. Stepan is IMO the Ranger's best center right now. He's putting Richards and his big checkbook to shame.

Gabborik is a no go. He's a luxury a team like Columbus cannot afford in his age, price, and consistency/injury concerns. They said they have a team vision in mind of players who can play both ends of the ice, are gritty team players, etc. Going out and getting Gaborik would be about as contradictory to that statement as they could get. Gabby is a good player but shouldn't be on the Columbus menu.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Would the Jackets be interested in Paul Stastny? He's on the short term IR right now, but IMHO he would be a good addition for their team.
Yes. I don't know as something could be worked out that's amenable to both sides, but it should be investigated for sure.

EDIT:
I see something's been proposed. Wow, it'd be tough to move Erixon at this point. That whole deal is too complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I understand. Just giving my opinion. I don't think there is anyone available who we should trade a 1st for.
And exactly who is available? How did you obtain this mysterious list?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

There's no way JD is trading the Rangers or his pick. Both could be lottery picks.

Steve Kournianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Stryker Island

Glencross, Cammalleri, Tanguay, Stempniak... Flames have a lot to offer in this scenario.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Quote:

There hasnt been one point in AA's career where he was better than Stepan.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:59 PM
dma0034

Quote:
he could be worth a 1st to a contender like Boston... but the CBJ aren't winning a cup this year. He's 30 and only signed one more year. Hard to imagine him being a core part of the team going forward.

If you read the reports, they'd be willing to give up a 1st for a guy that can help now but also be a part of the team going forward.

It makes more sense for them to package a 1st + Brassard and a prospect for Bobby Ryan (or a deal of that nature). Giving up value and a 1st for a young scorer who can be part of the future.

Stafford isn't worth a first because of how bad he has been this year.
Everything about this is wrong other than Boston would give a 1st. He's a 1st line player.... he'll net you a 1st plus (Pominville) from multiple teams.

Stafford's value is low this year but he was a 20 goal scorer last year and a 30 goal scorer the year before.... his value is still high.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
Glencross, Cammalleri, Tanguay, Stempniak... Flames have a lot to offer in this scenario.
Tanguay's contract might deter.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:02 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Disagree with Anisimov being better than Stepan. Stepan is IMO the Ranger's best center right now. He's putting Richards and his big checkbook to shame.

Gabborik is a no go. He's a luxury a team like Columbus cannot afford in his age, price, and consistency/injury concerns.
I wouldn't judge Stepan compare to a washed up overpaid Richards, and I'm not knocking Stepan - he is a great young player for sure. He has 25 points in 34 games playing with the likes Rick Nash, Marian Gaborik, Ryan Callahn, and Carl Hagelin.

Ansimov has 15 point in 28 games, and he isn't playing with guys half that talented. He has spent time centering the likes of Jared Boll and other marginal players.

He is also single handedly responsible for 4-6 points in the standings due to his shoot-out prowess, where he gets to show off his exceptional skill and hands. he is also about 4 inches and 20 pounds bigger than Stepan, which also makes him more valuable and has played major roles on offense, PP, PK, and even checking/shutdown roles. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Stepan or Krieder. No way.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:04 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Everything about this is wrong other than Boston would give a 1st. He's a 1st line player.... he'll net you a 1st plus (Pominville) from multiple teams.

Stafford's value is low this year but he was a 20 goal scorer last year and a 30 goal scorer the year before.... his value is still high.
So the reports say the Jackets would be amendable to trading a 1st if they get back a young player with term - and I'm wrong for suggesting a 30 year old with 1 year left is not that?

Old
04-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Quote:
IMHO the Avs would rather let Stastny walk for nothing than trade Duchene. The big concern for me is what happens to O'Reilly, in the past players who went head to head with Pierre Lacroix (Ozolinsh, Lemieux, Drury, Tanguay) didn't last long in Colorado.

Quote:
Stastny would be the piece to go I have to think unless Colorado management knows something we don't. Duchene/O'Reilly/Landeskog seem to be the forward core going forwards.

I would be hesitant to trade Erixon because that would be his 4th team since he was drafted in 2009. He's very promising too but you have to give to get. I'm up on Stastny but many other fans aren't so I can't speak for everyone.
Fair enough.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:06 PM
SlugLife978

Quote:
So the reports say the Jackets would be amendable to trading a 1st if they get back a young player with term - and I'm wrong for suggesting a 30 year old with 1 year left is not that?
You didn't suggest that. You suggested that Pominville wasn't worth a 1st.

There's a difference between saying that Pominville isn't worth a 1st and that you personally wouldn't trade a 1st for him.

Either way, it's dumb. If you could get Pominville for a lone 1st, you'd do it and then flip him to a contender for more.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
IMHO the Avs would rather let Stastny walk for nothing than trade Duchene. The big concern for me is what happens to O'Reilly, in the past players who went head to head with Pierre Lacroix (Ozolinsh, Lemieux, Drury, Tanguay) didn't last long in Colorado.
makes sense...obviously he fits the bill and i know the 1st alone isn't worth it, but perhaps adding a couple pieces on top (Brassard, Moore/Savard/Goloubef) there could be a deal worked out if COL is willing...but I understand the hesitation

Old
04-01-2013, 03:14 PM
McCupofOil
Save Us McJesus

Quote:
more than happy to over anything Hemsky brings...
It's funny that Jackets fans are so dismissive of the player who scored the game winning goal against their team just last week.
Sure.... He'll bring nothing to your team.
I understand not wanting to trade the 1st for him but the trashing of him by some BJ's fans is funny to say the least.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote