HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Columbus a Buyer; One of their 1st round picks in play for scoring help

Old
04-01-2013, 02:15 PM
IHeartZherdev*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
Glencross, Cammalleri, Tanguay, Stempniak... Flames have a lot to offer in this scenario.
Davidson: “We have the same mindset we had two months ago, and it’s the same we’ll have this summer. We’re trying to get stronger long-term.”

Kekalainen: “We don’t want to subtract, we want to add — but not just for the short term.”

“And don’t forget,” Kekalainen said, “we have three first-round picks. If one of them helps us now, and long-term, we would think about (trading a pick).”

33 year old Alex Tanguay? 30 year old Michael Cammalleri? 30 year old Lee Stempniak? Do any of these guys fit the billing of help the Blue Jackets long term?

IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
It's funny that Jackets fans are so dismissive of the player who scored the game winning goal against their team just last week.
Sure.... He'll bring nothing to your team.
I understand not wanting to trade the 1st for him but the trashing of him by BJ's fans is funny to say the least.
not wanting to bash him, but EVERY CBJ thread EDM fans try to push him on us, it get tiresome saying no thanks pleasantly so many times...i've reached my breaking point with it

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:17 PM
McCupofOil
McJesus Has Risen!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
not wanting to bash him, but EVERY CBJ thread EDM fans try to push him on us, it get tiresome saying no thanks pleasantly so many times...i've reached my breaking point with it
Fair enough.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:22 PM
TyroneShoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
It's funny that Jackets fans are so dismissive of the player who scored the game winning goal against their team just last week.
Sure.... He'll bring nothing to your team.
I understand not wanting to trade the 1st for him but the trashing of him by some BJ's fans is funny to say the least.
We don't that he scored a GWG against us. We still don't want him. Please, understand that.

TyroneShoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Anisimov is better than Krieder or Stepan, so we actually did better. But not sure what that has to do with CBJ dealing a first.

Again - the reports said if they could add a piece that could help now for the playoff push and in the future, they would be willing to part with one of their firsts....How they equates to your idea of them trading 3 roster players and a 1st for a washed up 31 year old soon to be UFA is beyond me.
You didn't answer my question. Also I love me some Anisimov but Stepan is clearly the better player. I am glad you're happy with the return you got but I remember you coming to the Rangers board and speaking in absolutes about who you would be getting from us for Nash... You still speak in absolutes apparently.

Gaborik isn't washed up he's done playing for Torts. He also was most productive with Anisimov in the past and also very productive with Prospal. His value is a roster player, a prospect and a first easily.

What my fellow Ranger fan proposed wasnt as preposterous as you made it seem. The only difference for me is I want nothing to do with Dubinsky, but I would definitely take a flyer on Brassard.

Clown Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
There's no way JD is trading the Rangers or his pick. Both could be lottery picks.
what you will see now with 1st round picks from bubble teams is that its a protected lottery pick. The same is done in the NBA with 1st traded.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:36 PM
clownshoes

Columbus should not trade away a 1st to make a run in the playoffs. They are very close to completing a successful rebuild and that 1st round pick is a key component to that process. Bobrovsky has been on a hot streak, thats all that's changed in columbus the last 10+ games. They still arent scoring more than ave. 2.5 goals per game which will not get you very far in the playoffs. As soon as their goaltending goes cold or even a little cooler than it is right now, the BJ's are back to where they were earlier in the season. Example; last night they were being outshot like 16-2 by the Ducks in the third period....that shows how much they rely on Bob to eek out a win.

So the question is; is it worth sacrificing a high 1st round pick to make a 1st round exit in the playoffs?

clownshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
TLinden
Benning gonnaBenning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownshoes View Post
Columbus should not trade away a 1st to make a run in the playoffs. They are very close to completing a successful rebuild and that 1st round pick is a key component to that process. Bobrovsky has been on a hot streak, thats all that's changed in columbus the last 10+ games. They still arent scoring more than ave. 2.5 goals per game which will not get you very far in the playoffs. As soon as their goaltender bob goals cold or even a little cooler than he is right now, the BJ's are pack to where they were earlier in the season.

So the question is; is it worth sacrificing a high 1st round pick to make a 1st round exit in the playoffs?
For a smaller market team that (IMHO) could seriously use a playoff series to bolster their attendance/fanbase, it very well could be worth it.

TLinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:41 PM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

Quote:
Columbus should not trade away a 1st to make a run in the playoffs. They are very close to completing a successful rebuild and that 1st round pick is a key component to that process. Bobrovsky has been on a hot streak, thats all that's changed in columbus the last 10+ games. They still arent scoring more than ave. 2.5 goals per game which will not get you very far in the playoffs. As soon as their goaltending goes cold or even a little cooler than it is right now, the BJ's are back to where they were earlier in the season. Example; last night they were being outshot what like 16-2 by the Ducks in the third period....that shows how much they rely on Bob to eek out a win.

1) It won't be a high first round pick, it'll likely be LA's, which should be in the 20 - 30 range.
2) The reason they are averaging less than 2.5 goals per game is the reason they are entertaining trading said first round pick for some scoring.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
You didn't answer my question. Also I love me some Anisimov but Stepan is clearly the better player. I am glad you're happy with the return you got but I remember you coming to the Rangers board and speaking in absolutes about who you would be getting from us for Nash... You still speak in absolutes apparently.

Gaborik isn't washed up he's done playing for Torts. He also was most productive with Anisimov in the past and also very productive with Prospal. His value is a roster player, a prospect and a first easily.

What my fellow Ranger fan proposed wasnt as preposterous as you made it seem. The only difference for me is I want nothing to do with Dubinsky, but I would definitely take a flyer on Brassard.

OK...will make this nice and easy for you.

First - I'll copy and paste the same CBJ management comments about what they would want if trading a first:

Davidson: “We have the same mindset we had two months ago, and it’s the same we’ll have this summer. We’re trying to get stronger long-term.”
Kekalainen: “We don’t want to subtract, we want to add — but not just for the short term.”
“And don’t forget,” Kekalainen said, “we have three first-round picks. If one of them helps us now, and long-term, we would think about (trading a pick).”

OK - so the CBJ want to add, not subtract, and add long-term, not short term. So yes - the idea of adding 31 year old Gaborik with 1 year left for the ridiculous cost of 2-3 roster players and a first is as preposterous as I made it seem. Removing the insane value bias from your posting, the move doesn't fit any of what is being reported about the type of move the Jackets are looking to make. If they could swap one of their bad contracts like Tyutin or RJ for Gaborik, that would be one thing.

No - Stepan is not "clearly" better than Anismov.

If you care so much about what I may or may not have said in a Rick Nash trade thread, feel free to look it up. I'm sure it's as embarrassing as MSG chanting "we don't want you" at Nash when he played there last year.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
For a smaller market team that (IMHO) could seriously use a playoff series to bolster their attendance/fanbase, it very well could be worth it.
People tend to forget about this part. Not everything is a hockey trade, the owners are in it to make money.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Auger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
People tend to forget about this part. Not everything is a hockey trade, the owners are in it to make money.
The Jackets said they would trade picks for youth, not veterans. They need to get some good picks this year, it's doubtful that they'll make the playoffs next year with the roster they have.

Auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Fleischmann??

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Honestly, this is a ridiculous statement. I'm not going to paste the same comments again - but look at what the Jackets management said.

They aren't trading a first to rent a veteran. They would only include ONE (of their THREE) first round picks if it could get back a brick/stone that would help them in both the short-term, and the long-term.

So even if they missed the playoffs, whoever they acquire would still be a big part of the team.

So no - not much of a sacrifice except getting another NHL caliber player on the roster while still having a multiple first round picks and a good amount of prospects. This idea that if they trade a first round pick they are somehow destroying the rebuilding process makes no sense.

Old
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Columbus should not trade away a 1st to make a run in the playoffs.
That is not why they would be trading a first round pick. Read the stuff that's been posted quoting Jarmo and Davidson. It's not that difficult a concept.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Jacko95

Tampa offers Teddy Purcell for a first rounder (conditional: we get the middle pick of the three, doesn't matter which one it is).
Gives you a first line playmaking winger on an okay contract (deserves the money, so not overpaided)

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Octopus

If the Wings lose against the Avalanche tonight, they might move Filppulafor a 1st pick and a prospect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Have a funny feeling this could involve Calgary, myself.

Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Che vy Teemuchuk

Quote:
And every Jets thread, and every other teams' threads. Invoking the name Hemsky = Godwin's Rule Part II. I think every non-Oiler fan-base is sick to death of it.

Che vy Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wedontneedroads

Goal scoring?

This screams Ryane Clowe.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Vitto79

NYR will take their first back, also take Brassard back for salary and a young Righty D? For Gaborik..........other pieces I am sure

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
makes sense...obviously he fits the bill and i know the 1st alone isn't worth it, but perhaps adding a couple pieces on top (Brassard, Moore/Savard/Goloubef) there could be a deal worked out if COL is willing...but I understand the hesitation
For Duchene? Would probably take about half your roster plus Duchene immediately wanting to be traded. With the way Duchene has played this year the Avs would have gone bonkers to trade him. Stastny and ROR would be the ones to go first. Stastny could probably be had for a 1st and prospect. Considering O'Reilly's situation next year I'm unsure as to what he can get.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:54 PM
HappyGilmourr

I completely forgot that the CBJ have 3 first round picks that is awesome... Columbus should stay on course as this is said to be a very deep draft... possibly as deep as 2003 or 2009. I'f i'm Howson I hold onto the picks and you never know maybe you draft a Getzlaf or Perry

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:54 PM
JackJ

Keep all your 1st CBJ. Keep your eye on the ball and move a 2nd for MacArthur.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post

33 year old Alex Tanguay? 30 year old Michael Cammalleri? 30 year old Lee Stempniak? Do any of these guys fit the billing of help the Blue Jackets long term?
Depends what one considers "long term". At 30 years old, they'll probably at least another 3-4 productive seasons out of Cammalleri. Not the youngest guy around, but when all that's being allegedly offered is a low first round pick, you're generally not going to get a top 6 scoring forward in his early-to-mid 20s as a return.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
I completely forgot that the CBJ have 3 first round picks that is awesome... Columbus should stay on course as this is said to be a very deep draft... possibly as deep as 2003 or 2009. I'f i'm Howson I hold onto the picks and you never know maybe you draft a Getzlaf or Perry
If you're Howson than you're scouting for the Edmonton Oilers