HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who to lose

Old
03-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Joey Bones

vCash: 500
Who to lose

Rangers are in the ****hole right now and the trade deadline is blooming. Who would you get rid of?

My List
Arron Asham
Brian Boyle
Marion Gaborik (depending on value)
Taylor Pyatt
Brad Richards (depending on value)
Steve Eminger
Matt Gilroy
Anton Stralman
Martin Biron

The above list shows some players that really haven't done all that much (if any at all). Pyatt and Boyle have done absolutely squat this year and could receive some interest. Eminger has been showing defense lately, Gilroy is Gilroy, and Stralman is in a slump although I'd like to keep Stralzy. Asham is good on the 4th line so I'm 50/50. I hope they don't trade Gabbs at the deadline, but he's on the market so I had to throw his name in the hat and Richards is startng to gain some momentum, but not much. Don't really like Biron. Never have.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
I know I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but I'd move Girardi for the right price. He's a great D-man and I love the guy, but I think his value right now is worth more than his recent play.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Lest we forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I know I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but I'd move Girardi for the right price. He's a great D-man and I love the guy, but I think his value right now is worth more than his recent play.
I'd keep Girardi and move Del Zotto. I think Del Zotto is more likely to get someone in return who can shoot and clear the front of our net.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I'd keep Girardi and move Del Zotto. I think Del Zotto is more likely to get someone in return who can shoot and clear the front of our net.
Quite frankly, Girardi is more on the s****er than Del Zotto is. Actually, Del Zotto has been our best d-man!! I agree with KD in that Girardi could/should be moved, but obviously for the right price. What kills me with him is that he is out of position a lot in our zone!! Has anyone else noticed this when the other teams score goals?

Old
03-31-2013, 11:29 AM
MAYO

Agree, rather keep G and move MDZ!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:33 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 0
Arron Asham
Brian Boyle
Taylor Pyatt
Steve Eminger
Matt Gilroy
Anton Stralman

We've got one more year to decide on Richards, I'd really like to give him a chance to come back next year and prove that he hasn't lost it. I think he can turn it around. There's got to be some reason he went from being a player we were all extremely excited to obtain to being a player we would all like to trade for a bag of pucks. I'd like to keep Gabby one more year for pretty much the same reason, but added to that, I think if Richards turns it around, it will help Gabby to revert to form.

I don't want to move either Girardi or MDZ. Keep them both!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Quite frankly, Girardi is more on the s****er than Del Zotto is. Actually, Del Zotto has been our best d-man!! I agree with KD in that Girardi could/should be moved, but obviously for the right price. What kills me with him is that he is out of position a lot in our zone!! Has anyone else noticed this when the other teams score goals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Yeah, he's been making some really bone headed passes lately too. I also don't quite understand why he feels the need to constantly miss the net on purpose hoping for a bank off the boards or a deflection. I see doing this once in a while, but damn man, try to hit the net.

Regardless of all that, I agree, I think MDZ has been better and has potentially more upside, but I think Girardi could land us someone who could shoot and clear the front of our net just as easily as Del Zotto can. A lot of teams would love to have a guy like Girardi.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Agree, rather keep G and move MDZ!
But why? He's way older and quite honestly, hasn't been nearly as good as MDZ this season.

03-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Arron Asham
Brian Boyle
Taylor Pyatt
Steve Eminger
Matt Gilroy
Anton Stralman

We've got one more year to decide on Richards, I'd really like to give him a chance to come back next year and prove that he hasn't lost it. I think he can turn it around. There's got to be some reason he went from being a player we were all extremely excited to obtain to being a player we would all like to trade for a bag of pucks. I'd like to keep Gabby one more year for pretty much the same reason, but added to that, I think if Richards turns it around, it will help Gabby to revert to form.

I don't want to move either Girardi or MDZ. Keep them both!
Agreed entirely! . Gabby and Richards need to start picking things up because they have done it in the past (especially Gaborik).

As for Girardi/Del Zotto. They aren't going anywhere, but its debatable.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:38 AM
MAYO

Could G's slight slump in play not also be in part to the lost of MS and the severe drop in play of McD he is are go to shut down D man and this might be wearing him down?

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Green Blob*

Move MDZ over Girardi? No way in hell.

MDZ is still what, 22? Girardi is almost 29 years old and isnt going to get any better then he is. MDZ on the other hand is still improving.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Yeah, he's been making some really bone headed passes lately too. I also don't quite understand why he feels the need to constantly miss the net on purpose hoping for a bank off the boards or a deflection. I see doing this once in a while, but damn man, try to hit the net.

Regardless of all that, I agree, I think MDZ has been better and has potentially more upside, but I think Girardi could land us someone who could shoot and clear the front of our net just as easily as Del Zotto can. A lot of teams would love to have a guy like Girardi.
I remember someone calling him "shot goes wide" Girardi somewhere, but for real man!! Hit the god damn net for once!!

Old
03-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Move MDZ over Girardi? No way in hell.

MDZ is still what, 22? Girardi is almost 29 years old and isnt going to get any better then he is. MDZ on the other hand is still improving.
Agreed, but still love both on the team.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:42 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Rangers are in the ****hole right now and the trade deadline is blooming. Who would you get rid of?

My List
Arron Asham
Brian Boyle
Marion Gaborik (depending on value)
Taylor Pyatt
Brad Richards (depending on value)
Steve Eminger
Matt Gilroy

Anton Stralman
Martin Biron
I feel the players I bolded are basically just scraps/our trash, and won't get much of a return.

We will not trade Richie, absolutly certain of that, if he retired, the cap hit will bite us in the ass.

I can see Gaborik getting traded, but it won't be anywhere near what we are valuing him as, so that's why I say let him stay.

Biron is a solid #2 for this season, who would back Hank up if we get rid of Marty next week?

Stralman, Boyle I think can still play roles on this team. But again, if the right offer comes along, letem' go.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Girardi becomes a UFA after next season along with Del Zotto, Callahan, Kreider, Stralman and Hank and He will be 30.

Unless he plans on coming back for cheap, I think he is going to be the odd man out in this situation.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Could G's slight slump in play not also be in part to the lost of MS and the severe drop in play of McD he is are go to shut down D man and this might be wearing him down?
Well I don't think its from Sauer's injury, but McD is a possibility. As well as the whole Lockout situation before and could also still not be as conditioned as he used to be. Or could be burnt from playing so much. There are may routes you can take that question.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Girardi becomes a UFA after next season along with Del Zotto, Callahan, Kreider, Stralman and Hank and He will be 30.

Unless he plans on coming back for cheap, I think he is going to be the odd man out in this situation.
Sadly agree. We'd have to lock up a lot of guys for that year.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:47 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
The problem with moving Girardi is he is by far our best right side defenseman. Beyond that having four solid guys like Staal, Girardi, McD and MDZ in front of Hank means that if we've got any decent offense in any given year we should be a pretty good team. To me those four our just core players. Good citizens as well. Anyway another thing about Girardi is he can play 25-30 minutes a night game after game with very good defensive play and a bit of offensive contribution--play physical and not be taking penalties. He's not the fastest skater but he's smart and he knows his limitations. I'd only move him if the return were really, really good.

Richards is more likely to be bought out than traded because of his contract and cap hit.

Stralman and Eminger should have some value. Vet d-men at the trade deadline usually do. Playoff teams want to stock up on them. Stralman's a better player but Eminger is more of a gamer. Hamrlik's an experienced guy as well and played well in the playoffs last year. Gilroy IMO is practically worthless.

I would think Boyle would as well--despite his crap year and the bad stats. He's huge, decent on face-off and can kill penalties and in the past he's shown some offense. Should be able to get at least a 2nd for him.

Gaborik could get us a huge return. I wouldn't trade him for peanuts. You have to decide what you think is fair and if you can't get it--you keep him. I'd want more than what the Pens paid for Iginla--and Boston might be a team willing to pay that.

Other than that I don't know if we have much to move.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Just curious, who would replace Girardi on the right side?
I am not against moving Girardi, but there should be a plan to replace him.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:48 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
I feel the players I bolded are basically just scraps/our trash, and won't get much of a return.

We will not trade Richie, absolutly certain of that, if he retired, the cap hit will bite us in the ass.

I can see Gaborik getting traded, but it won't be anywhere near what we are valuing him as, so that's why I say let him stay.

Biron is a solid #2 for this season, who would back Hank up if we get rid of Marty next week?
Stralman, Boyle I think can still play roles on this team. But again, if the right offer comes along, letem' go.
Well we'd have to snag a backup then. Biron will probably stay for his contract unless we can get something useful.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:49 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Girardi for Zach Bogosian.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:57 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The problem with moving Girardi is he is by far our best right side defenseman. Beyond that having four solid guys like Staal, Girardi, McD and MDZ in front of Hank means that if we've got any decent offense in any given year we should be a pretty good team. To me those four our just core players. Good citizens as well. Anyway another thing about Girardi is he can play 25-30 minutes a night game after game with very good defensive play and a bit of offensive contribution--play physical and not be taking penalties. He's not the fastest skater but he's smart and he knows his limitations. I'd only move him if the return were really, really good.

Richards is more likely to be bought out than traded because of his contract and cap hit.

Stralman and Eminger should have some value. Vet d-men at the trade deadline usually do. Playoff teams want to stock up on them. Stralman's a better player but Eminger is more of a gamer. Hamrlik's an experienced guy as well and played well in the playoffs last year. Gilroy IMO is practically worthless.

I would think Boyle would as well--despite his crap year and the bad stats. He's huge, decent on face-off and can kill penalties and in the past he's shown some offense. Should be able to get at least a 2nd for him.

Gaborik could get us a huge return. I wouldn't trade him for peanuts. You have to decide what you think is fair and if you can't get it--you keep him. I'd want more than what the Pens paid for Iginla--and Boston might be a team willing to pay that.

Other than that I don't know if we have much to move.
True I didn't think about him on the right side. Girardi isn't getting moved anyway. Agreed on Richards and on Gabby. Boyle could get us that 1st we need. I don't think we can trade Hammer since we picked him up off waivers and I agree on the other d-men.

P.S. The Pens are really going to hurt after that Iginla trade (unless they win the cup this year).

Old
03-31-2013, 11:58 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Rangers need a bit more back. Bogosian only has 6 pts and Girardi has 11... Girardi better 2 way defenseman.... i like Bogosian but not at the price of Girardi unless a skilled forward comes back

id love Mark Stuart though... some nastiness in front of Lundqvist is a must for this soft defense

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:58 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Highly doubt that'll happen.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Highly doubt that'll happen, but would do it in a second.
Rangers should get a little more... maybe Bogosian, Burmistrov, Cormier for Girardi, Skjei and Pyatt??

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote