HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I like Burns, but I think if Couts is getting traded for a Dman, we could do better. Yandle's name has been mentioned, and we don't know what other defenders that are being talked about in trade talks with GM's. I like Burns, but would rather have a more established, less injury prone defenseman other than him.
For me it is just as since he moved to D, in my eyes, Burns has had the potential to be one of the best D men in the NHL but for his injuries, guy is physical, fights if he has to, hits hard, can seriously move the puck, can play anywhere and is a 40-50 point D man.

Plus he is clutch as hell, if he were less injury prone Burns>Yandle, but as he is not, yeh, Yandle is better.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:13 PM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

vCash: 500
Where is Holmgren's head ....a forward who has no goals. Someone who is a UFA and makes no sense for our needs. Ugh. I think that management does this to further us down the rabbit hole of ****.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:15 PM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Except it's short for "as if I could care less". That's the implied part.
No, people just say it wrong.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux It View Post
The point is, this team for all intents and purposes will not win a Cup this season (as much as we all wish it). Read is a very expenable asset, we have quite a few young players would could in a pinch play the 2nd/3rd line (which is probably where Read is most suited with our top 6). If we can acquire a top 15 pick or so, why the heck wouldn't you? It helps replenish our pretty terrible farm and give us something to look forward to.
Who would we replace Read with for next year? The only way I'm trading him for futures is if I know I won't be able to get a good deal on him for his upcoming contract. Otherwise it makes no sense trading another player out of our top 6 that already has hard time scoring at ES as is.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:17 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
Where is Holmgren's head ....a forward who has no goals. Someone who is a UFA and makes no sense for our needs. Ugh. I think that management does this to further us down the rabbit hole of ****.
Nothing has even happened yet.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
The point is, this team for all intents and purposes will not win a Cup this season (as much as we all wish it). Read is a very expenable asset, we have quite a few young players would could in a pinch play the 2nd/3rd line (which is probably where Read is most suited with our top 6). If we can acquire a top 15 pick or so, why the heck wouldn't you? It helps replenish our pretty terrible farm and give us something to look forward to.
I guess I see him as a long-term piece. I mean, if we could get a young NHL defenseman for him, I'd be happy, but it isn't clear to me who replaces read in our top 6 / top-9 going forward.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Who would we replace Read with for next year? The only way I'm trading him for futures is if I know I won't be able to get a good deal on him for his upcoming contract. Otherwise it makes no sense trading another player out of our top 6 that already has hard time scoring at ES as is.
I guess my issue is the team has serious cap problems going forward. And with Homers intentions every offseason being seemingly going after the biggest and baddest (in a good way) free agents doesn't help. I would imagine the cap room we will clear from atleast one of our amnesties, will be sucked back up in another player. And we still have to resign Roo, who is obviously more important than Read. I just don't think hes going to fit in going forward, and that makes it easy for me to consider him expendable.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:27 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I guess my issue is the team has serious cap problems going forward. And with Homers intentions every offseason being seemingly going after the biggest and baddest (in a good way) free agents doesn't help. I would imagine the cap room we will clear from atleast one of our amnesties, will be sucked back up in another player. And we still have to resign Roo, who is obviously more important than Read. I just don't think hes going to fit in going forward, and that makes it easy for me to consider him expendable.
I get what you're saying. I just don't feel the need to trade Read unless we absolutely have to or he's part of a deal for a proven player at a position of need.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Where are the serious cap problems?

The flyers actually have a very good cap situation, once you get past briere's cap hit. Timonen has a bit number, but only for next year.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Prongo
Beer

https://twitter.com/tpanotchCSN/stat...39341474570240

Quote:
Let me be first to predict: #flyers re-visit NSH and Shea Weber this summer
This is from a couple of days ago. Didn't see any talk of it though

I know people think this is a crazy idea, but I truly believe the flyers will continue to try and trade for him. Especially if the Predators miss the playoffs, they might think about moving him for some offensive pieces. They have the 5th worst offense in the NHL.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Where are the serious cap problems?

The flyers actually have a very good cap situation, once you get past briere's cap hit. Timonen has a bit number, but only for next year.
Just doing some quick looking at Capgeek, next season payroll 64 mil and change, with the cap being 64.3 with only 19 contracts. So even if you clear Brieres 6.5 AAV, that leaves us not alot of cap for a lot of holes. Considering you need a Top Line Winger for G, another Center (possibly), at a min Top 4 Dman, and a backup goalie?

Old
04-01-2013, 07:40 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Just doing some quick looking at Capgeek, next season payroll 64 mil and change, with the cap being 64.3 with only 19 contracts. So even if you clear Brieres 6.5 AAV, that leaves us not alot of cap for a lot of holes. Considering you need a Top Line Winger for G, another Center (possibly), at a min Top 4 Dman, and a backup goalie?
Did you take out Pronger's contract?

Old
04-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Krishna

Quote:
The number for next year doesn't include Pronger on LTIR

Old
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Insulin

Quote:

I know people think this is a crazy idea, but I truly believe the flyers will continue to try and trade for him. Especially if the Predators miss the playoffs, they might think about moving him for some offensive pieces. They have the 5th worst offense in the NHL.
If the Flyers try to pull it off Nashville would have already payed Shea Weber 28 million dollars in less than a calendar year. I see absolutely 0 reason for Nashville to trade him. He's a Predator and he is going to stay a Predator.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

After paying $27 million for him I can't wait to see their demands for him. I wouldn't doubt the Flyers would try and see what's going on with Weber this summer but I doubt anything comes of it.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Curufinwe

And Hartnell should be the other winger for Giroux's line. He's paid to be the team's top winger, but is struggling this year after the lockout and his foot injury.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:43 PM
healthyscratch

Regehr is a King.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

And Bouwmeester is a Blue.

Dodged a bullet, no?

04-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insulin View Post
If the Flyers try to pull it off Nashville would have already payed Shea Weber 28 million dollars in less than a calendar year. I see absolutely 0 reason for Nashville to trade him. He's a Predator and he is going to stay a Predator.
If the team struggles and misses the playoffs, they miss out on the revenue there. They will get help with the new revenue sharing the league implemented, but that won't make up for all the money they also lost during the lockout. I know it's not a probable situation, just thinks it's a little more likely than some seem to think. As in more than 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
After paying $27 million for him I can't wait to see their demands for him. I wouldn't doubt the Flyers would try and see what's going on with Weber this summer but I doubt anything comes of it.
You know they will want offensive pieces back. They need offense badly right now and going forward. They still owe him 59 million through the next 6 seasons and that includes two years at 14 million per. It's not like they will have paid out the whole contract after this year, the team still has to fork a ton of money out for them.

Nashville also remains a budget team. Weber wasn't too happy that they don't want to put out the money to compete. They say they do, but talk is cheap, and their recent moves show they don't want to.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:48 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post

Dodged a bullet, no?
If true one of Piet or Shattenkirk will not be a blue after this season methinks

Old
04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Delete

Old
04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post

Dodged a bullet, no?
I would say so. Would be funny if the Blues dropped out of a playoff position now.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Prongo
Beer

Now the speculation will run wild that the Blues will be moving one of their RFA's because of their internal budget. They have spent to 50 million for the last three years, that cap hit is going to hurt their chances in resigning some players IMO.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
Depends if you wanted to pay that price for Bouwmeester. He's still excellent, just gets dumped on because everyone in Calgary does.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:52 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Who the **** are these guys they got

Closed Thread