HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 08:32 PM
  #201
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Now he does, but they were trying to get him going with Thornton to no avail.

Him and Hartnell? A bit redundant eh?
Yeah but doesn't mean you have to sell the guy short and say McGinn and Knuble's better than him. He's a year removed from 45 point season. I don't feel the need for him but I'm not going to sit here and act like he's a useless hockey player because of a down year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:33 PM
  #202
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Flyers trade picks/prospects away: OMG HOMER IS SO STUPID WHY WOULD THEY TRADE PICKS/PROSPECTS FOR OLD GUYS WITH BIG CONTRACTS!

Anything else involving picks/prospects: Psh, that's all they got? Picks? Big deal!
This board really needs a Homer thread for you guys to complain about. This will turn into another DFF and Beef argument.

Prongo is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:35 PM
  #203
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reykjavík
Country: Iceland
Posts: 9,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
This board really needs a Homer thread for you guys to complain about. This will turn into another DFF and Beef argument.
Using any vague justification for an argument possible haha.

orange is better is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:35 PM
  #204
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 123,816
vCash: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Flyers trade picks/prospects away: OMG HOMER IS SO STUPID WHY WOULD THEY TRADE PICKS/PROSPECTS FOR OLD GUYS WITH BIG CONTRACTS!

Anything else involving picks/prospects: Psh, that's all they got? Picks? Big deal!
Do you have anything else to add aside from chastising people who objectively, often rightfully, call out a pro sports general manager for his mistakes?

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
GKJ is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:35 PM
  #205
Flukeshot
Hextall Activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Brampton, Ont
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 50
Pretty sure Homer could've offered more for Bouwmeester. Kind of interested to see what the Blues do this offseason. They can't fit ****, Pietroangelo, Russell, Cole, Stewart, Berglund As rasas well as Andy Mc UFA.

Flukeshot is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:37 PM
  #206
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
This board really needs a Homer thread for you guys to complain about. This will turn into another DFF and Beef argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Do you have anything else to add aside from chastising people who objectively, often rightfully, call out a pro sports general manager for his mistakes?
I'm sure I could find something better to add but the Phillies are really sucking right now and I just think it is funny to see the reactions when the Flyers trade away a pick or prospect as compared the reactions when the Flyers (or other teams) receive picks or prospects.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:39 PM
  #207
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reykjavík
Country: Iceland
Posts: 9,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
Pretty sure Homer could've offered more for Bouwmeester. Kind of interested to see what the Blues do this offseason. They can't fit ****, Pietroangelo, Russell, Cole, Stewart, Berglund As rasas well as Andy Mc UFA.
I'm pretty sure anyone COULD have offered more for bouwmeester...

However, I'm also positive that I'm glad homer didnt. Anything more than a 2nd and an ok prospect and I would have been pissed

orange is better is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:40 PM
  #208
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reykjavík
Country: Iceland
Posts: 9,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm sure I could find something better to add but the Phillies are really sucking right now and I just think it is funny to see the reactions when the Flyers trade away a pick or prospect as compared the reactions when the Flyers (or other teams) receive picks or prospects.
Yeah... I was more taking a jab at how much flames fans thought they were worth, only to get a couple late 1sts and OK at best to fruitless at worst prospects.

orange is better is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:40 PM
  #209
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,903
vCash: 500
According to RDA, Ryan Clowe wants a 7-8 year extension if traded. I don't believe any team will give him that, even the Flyers.

Prongo is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:40 PM
  #210
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Who Homer's job? Snider gave him a pretty good vote of confidence just Saturday morning. Lavy not so much. Homer is here to stay at least until after next year.
If it comes down to getting a player or not I doubt he's going to sit back and say "Nah I can't trade this pick. We're hosting this draft."

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
  #211
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 1175
Are any of you in the Offical Flyers Fan group on Facebook? It's brutal.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
  #212
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 123,816
vCash: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
Pretty sure Homer could've offered more for Bouwmeester. Kind of interested to see what the Blues do this offseason. They can't fit ****, Pietroangelo, Russell, Cole, Stewart, Berglund As rasas well as Andy Mc UFA.
I'm not sure they could have even though it wasn't much. The Blues have a fairly deep prospect pool. And given that this season is in-flux, while we actually host the draft next year (we need to have something to do on that day), they couldn't even guarentee giving up a 1st until 2015. One of the reasons teams keep asking for Couturier, Schenn, and Laughton in trades is because there isn't anyone else to give.

GKJ is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
  #213
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
According to RDA, Ryan Clowe wants a 7-8 year extension if traded. I don't believe any team will give him that, even the Flyers.
I know the guy has had some solid seasons in the past, but he has ZERO goals this year.

How can he expect a 7-8 year extension and want $6 million/year (as mentioned earlier) coming off a season like this.

It makes zero sense

orangecrush8 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
  #214
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
If it comes down to getting a player or not I doubt he's going to sit back and say "Nah I can't trade this pick. We're hosting this draft."
I am not saying its the say all end all in trade discussions, but do think it has some sort of impact on our talks. If the right deal comes along, yes he will, and Flyer fans will not care if it's for the right player. I do however think it has some pull in talks.

Prongo is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
  #215
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Panotch said that San Jose wanted Couturier or Laughton for Clowe

Is SJ's GM stupid?
No, it's called "anchoring".

Ryker is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
  #216
Giroux It
Registered User
 
Giroux It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Are any of you in the Offical Flyers Fan group on Facebook? It's brutal.
I'm in the season ticket holder group, some of these people are going to commit suicide I think.

Giroux It is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:43 PM
  #217
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reykjavík
Country: Iceland
Posts: 9,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Are any of you in the Offical Flyers Fan group on Facebook? It's brutal.
It's hilarious how many people who have no idea what they're talking about whatsoever talk like they're an enlightened hockey shaman.

orange is better is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:46 PM
  #218
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
It's hilarious how many people who have no idea what they're talking about whatsoever talk like they're an enlightened hockey shaman.
I'm being told Hartnell is a 3rd liner on good teams.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:47 PM
  #219
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 123,816
vCash: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Are any of you in the Offical Flyers Fan group on Facebook? It's brutal.
Follow @FlyersFacebook on twitter. It's like a Best Of.

GKJ is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
  #220
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I am not saying its the say all end all in trade discussions, but do think it has some sort of impact on our talks. If the right deal comes along, yes he will, and Flyer fans will not care if it's for the right player. I do however think it has some pull in talks.
Agree to disagree. We're talking about the guy who wipes his ass with second round picks and was more than willing to give up 4 firsts, including that sacred 2014 pick, for Shea Weber. I highly doubt he cares about pleasing a few thousand fans 14 months from now.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:51 PM
  #221
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Agree to disagree. We're talking about the guy who wipes his ass with second round picks and was more than willing to give up 4 firsts, including that sacred 2014 pick, for Shea Weber. I highly doubt he cares about pleasing a few thousand fans 14 months from now.
I would give the Preds every pick in 2014 for Shea Weber + more

Prongo is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:55 PM
  #222
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 123,816
vCash: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Agree to disagree. We're talking about the guy who wipes his ass with second round picks and was more than willing to give up 4 firsts, including that sacred 2014 pick, for Shea Weber. I highly doubt he cares about pleasing a few thousand fans 14 months from now.
That's a bit different. That was for a superstar player, and there was speculation that the Predators were going to trade some of the picks back to us anyways

GKJ is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
  #223
JVR21
Sexy Hexy
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 8,777
vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Follow @FlyersFacebook on twitter. It's like a Best Of.
This is fantastic.

JVR21 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:59 PM
  #224
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
That's a bit different. That was for a superstar player, and there was speculation that the Predators were going to trade some of the picks back to us anyways
The point is Homer doesn't exactly value draft picks in the highest of regards.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:59 PM
  #225
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Agree to disagree. We're talking about the guy who wipes his ass with second round picks and was more than willing to give up 4 firsts, including that sacred 2014 pick, for Shea Weber. I highly doubt he cares about pleasing a few thousand fans 14 months from now.
Yeah, if 2014 pick comes up, it is unlikely that the fact that the draft is in Philly that year will have much meaning (to him or to the other side). If he really is looking to make deals to improve the team and take a shot at the playoffs, he's not going to miss out because at the 2014 draft they might not have a first to use in front of their home town fans.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.