HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Lucic to Edmonton

Old
04-01-2013, 04:14 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Absolutely no way i'd give Hemsky+Yak+Whitney for Lucic.

Bos has trouble on the PP, and Hemsky and Whitney would help them greatly. I'd move either/both in the right deal.

Hemsky+Whitney+ for Lucic

Whitney+ for Boychuk
Hemsky and Whitney are not a good starting point if your looking at Lucic. That would be a huge + added on the end. Whitney + for Boychuk is the same scenario as above.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McFlyingV

It makes absolutely no sense for the oilers to trade Yakupov at this point. They aren't ready for a cup run and Yakupov is still on ELC for another 2 years.

The kid brings world class speed, a cannon of a shot, strong on the puck with the ability to throw hits and a very underrated hard pass. Not to mention the enthusiasm and passion that he brings. Tell me would you trade a 19 year old with Stamkos and Ovechkin like potential? No you wait it out and see what he develops into.

McFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
That's outrageous... Lucic isn't a superstar player
You'd be giving up ONE of your top picks for everything the Oilers need. A huge, nasty powerforward that can score and fight. You'd have a top 6 with Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Lucic, Paajarvi. Plus he's signed and Boston has no need to move him. You want Lucic you'll have to over pay. Bottom line.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
MPStoEberletoHall*

I can't believe some Oiler fans wouldn't do Yak for Lucic! He's exactly what we need to put us over the edge. Could you imagine if we swung this deal.

To Bos:
Yakupov
Peckham
3rd in 2014

To Edm:
Lucic

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Lucic-Gagner-Hemsky

MPStoEberletoHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:17 PM
belair

vCash: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
In your dreams, maybe.
It's great that our fanbase can finally say that without any reasonable argument coming from the other end.

Lucic is what he is. He's beloved in Boston, but as a trade piece he's not some generational, uber-talented, superstar power-forward.

Asking for Gagner and Yakupov for just him is quite obviously unreasonable.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:18 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
It makes absolutely no sense for the oilers to trade Yakupov at this point. They aren't ready for a cup run and Yakupov is still on ELC for another 2 years.

The kid brings world class speed, a cannon of a shot, strong on the puck with the ability to throw hits and a very underrated hard pass. Not to mention the enthusiasm and passion that he brings. Tell me would you trade a 19 year old with Stamkos and Ovechkin like potential? No you wait it out and see what he develops into.
I'm not saying that you should trade him but you do realize that Lucic is all of 24 right? It's not like he can't be there when the Oil are ready to make that push. He brings an element the Oil sorely lack right now.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Mav3rick07
PS4

vCash: 83
Boston will not trade Lucic,with the playoffs coming up. They're going to want him if they have any shot of getting by Pittsburgh.

Mav3rick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Kulleroinen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
I can't believe some Oiler fans wouldn't do Yak for Lucic! He's exactly what we need to put us over the edge. Could you imagine if we swung this deal.
I can imagine watching Yak score a lot of pretty goals and cry when I see lazy ass Lucic just surfing around.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:22 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3rick07 View Post
Boston will not trade Lucic,with the playoffs coming up. They're going to want him if they have any shot of getting by Pittsburgh.
We'll see. If you follow the Bruins beat guys, there has been plenty of talk about how Lucic has looked slow and unenthusiastic lately. Lucic has 5 goals in 33 games, and is set to make 6 mil next season.

The Bruins are also hurting on the PP, and could make good use of a PP wiz like Hemsky.

I'm not saying he'll go to the oil, but its as much of a sure thing he won't be dealt as you suggest.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:22 PM
McFlyingV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I'm not saying that you should trade him but you do realize that Lucic is all of 24 right? It's not like he can't be there when the Oil are ready to make that push. He brings an element the Oil sorely lack right now.
I realize that, but I think the oilers would have to give up too much to bring lucic in. He's a special player at what he does grit and scoring ability. However, with how PRV has looked this year I'd rather wait him out and see if he can continue into the 25goal power forward that crashes the next with world class speed.

Its just too early imo to make moves on a lot of our younger players, when in reality this team still needs klefbom to develop into a top 4 dman before they're going anywhere in the playoffs.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Lucic would draw a huge package from anyone. I'd say he'd get a first, Yakupov and Gagner at least.
I hate Lucic but I agree. If Edm could get Lucic for Hemsky and 1st, they'd be crazy not too. He's been a bit off this year, but there's literally not another player like him in the league.

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:25 PM
SchultzSquared*

The only thing that makes this tough is that the Oilers then go from great strength at RW to no depth there and then a lot on LW... it would make more sense to keep Hemsky back and include something the Bs might want either from picks or the prospect pool

Yakupov, Whitney, 2013 1st, Martin Marincin for Lucic, Khudobin

SchultzSquared* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Oilwings

I'd love Lucic but not at the expense of Yakupov. Hemsky, Gagner, and Whitney for Lucic. Hall and Lucic @LW and Eberle and Yakupov @RW and the Oilers are set on the Wings.

Oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:27 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
34 games into his career is a little bit early to be playing the "proven nothing in the NHL" card, don't you think? If it were a trade for the player Yak is right now for Lucic I would give the upper hand to Lucic but if you consider how much better Yak is likely to get compared to the player Lucic is/Lucic 5 years down the road, it would be a foolish move to make the trade. Especially for a team like Edmonton who is built for the future. Not to mention adding Hemsky and Whitney makes this trade hilariously one-sided.
said nothing about adding but a guy that's played 34 games .. IS NOT 3 >>> better then Looch ..

Your adding OR NO WAY it happens .... You want a talk 3 years down the road it COULD be different

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:31 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
The only thing that makes this tough is that the Oilers then go from great strength at RW to no depth there and then a lot on LW... it would make more sense to keep Hemsky back and include something the Bs might want either from picks or the prospect pool

Still too much to give up. I wouldn't do that deal with Hemsky instead of Yakupov, because we really need to retain that 2013 1st to draft another C or D.

And Boston wants to win now, so Marincin and the 1st have limited value in that scenario anyway.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post

That's very interesting but I would let you know that Khudobin is considered a flight risk for the KHL if he isn't a #1 goalie. IMO he is one and has been very strong for the B's this year but with Rask he's not very likely to get the #1 role with us.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
No way Edmonton does this. You'd be hard pressed for a Yakupov-Lucic swap straight up.
Agreed. I mean, it would immediately and definitely make our team better but it's not going to help us in the long run. We need Yakupov's secondary scoring. He's just scratching the surface of his potential. Yak already has one of the best shots on the Oilers, which is pretty important when you have a bunch of playmakers.

I doubt Boston would find enough value in our team for Lucic unless we traded one of the 4 kids, but I don't think Edmonton is prepared to do that.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Kulleroinen*

I would do Hemsky+Whitney and 2014 1st for Lucic.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Leafidelity
Its that new Toronto

vCash: 1775
Would make Edmonton a better team, but they wouldn't do it.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Djp

Yakupov>>Lucic

Boston would have to include something else.

I think a fairer trade would be Paaj + 2nd for Lucic.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:52 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Not a chance would we do this

1st overall pick Yakupov, a top 10 pick, and 45 point player on the rise for Lucic?

Not a chance. Lucic is exactly what the Oilers need but that price that would soon become our Kessel trade.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:53 PM
TRask

To Boston:
Taylor Hall
Vadislav Smid

To Edmonton:
Milan Lucic
Anton Khudobin
Bos 2nd

Edit: Actually just realized that Smid was just resigned to a nice deal lol. Probably puts the kybosh on this lol

TRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:54 PM
MrMcCaptain

vCash: 1584
Please op, check the spelling before you start a thread. Gagner, not gagne. Yakupov, not yakubov. It's like trying to listen to Don Cherry sometimes.

MrMcCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:57 PM
McFlyingV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRask View Post
To Boston:
Taylor Hall
Vadislav Smid

To Edmonton:
Milan Lucic
Anton Khudobin
Bos 2nd
Don't make me laugh

Old
04-01-2013, 04:57 PM
jmoss45

If Boston gets Clowe, then what happens to Lucic.

Say Clowe is resigned at 4 mil/4 years. That would make Lucic more expendable.

Clowe to BOS for Camara+ 1st

Lucic to EDM for Hemsky+Whitney+ Hartikanen/Jones

Bos trades Lucic+Camara+1st for Clowe, Hemsky, Whitney+

Clowe-Kreijci-Hemsky
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Peverly-Kelly-Horton