HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ongoing Iginla discussion | RDS: Prefers to sign extension with Penguins (post #22)

Old
04-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovifan27 View Post
-Shero brought Glass in for a reason. No way he waives/trades him. Not happening. I'd be shocked.
he brought in Michalek for a reason too.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Kovifan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
he brought in Michalek for a reason too.
Michalek asked to leave as far as I've seen.

I don't think Glass is asking to leave.

Kovifan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

Quote:
Michalek asked to leave as far as I've seen.

I don't think Glass is asking to leave.
I got the impression that it was the same situation as Paul Martin. Shero brought them both in and asked them if they wanted to be traded. Michalek said yes, Martin said no, he wanted to stay and redeem himself and he has more than we could have ever hoped for. Which is why Paul Martin is a boss. One of the myriad reasons I'd love to see the Pens win the Cup this year.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:23 AM
johnniewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Re: Pencils in the locker..

When asked about them he'll always say ''Personal.''

But he didn't bring him here. He left them in Calgary with a teammate. Soo.. who knows?
I assume that those pencils were just a metaphor for playing as a team. 20 pencils wrapped with a rubber band. 20 active players on an NHL roster dressed for every game. One pencil is easy to break individually, but 20 is incredibly difficult. Play as a team and you can't be beaten. Play as individuals and you can be beaten with ease.

Edit: Nevermind, I see someone already pointed out the meaning... wish I could delete.

johnniewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniewalker View Post
I assume that those pencils were just a metaphor for playing as a team. 20 pencils wrapped with a rubber band. 20 active players on an NHL roster dressed for every game. One pencil is easy to break individually, but 20 is incredibly difficult. Play as a team and you can't be beaten. Play as individuals and you can be beaten with ease.

Edit: Nevermind, I see someone already pointed out the meaning... wish I could delete.
So if he wanted the team to do anything worthwhile, maybe they should have been sharpened?

Old
04-02-2013, 12:24 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Ah so is this where we take the player at his word when he really can't even give another answer? What's he supposed to say? It's very possible he takes a shot at it here then goes back to normal life in Calgary with his family and comfortable surroundings.

I can already see 90% of the fan base getting mad all over again because they couldn't take two seconds to look back on what happened with Hossa.

UnderratedBrooks44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Ah so is this where we take the player at his word when he really can't even give another answer? What's he supposed to say? It's very possible he takes a shot at it here then goes back to normal life in Calgary with his family and comfortable surroundings.

I can already see 90% of the fan base getting mad all over again because they couldn't take two seconds to look back on what happened with Hossa.
I'll see how things go in the off-season but we're focused on this season right now? I just got here, let me play a few games? I haven't been approached by the Penguins yet? Nothing at all?

I'm not convinced he'll re-sign here but I don't think he's necessarily lying either. He probably would like to re-sign here. Doesn't mean it'll happen.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

still not mad at Hossa. I was rooting for him hard in 2010 once we went out.

Though Iginla going back to Calgary would be substantially different than what Hossa did. Still, neither has/had any obligation to stay here.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:29 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

Quote:

This isn't an answer Iginla gave to a question. This is what his agent is feeding a media guy. I'm not disagreeing with your underlying warning, but the reasoning is wrong, imo.

12IsGreaterThan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:57 PM
66_Lemieux_66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
Still can't believe Jarome ****ing Iginla plays for the Pens.

Hahaha, I woke up this morning and the exact same thought kept rattling around in my brain...

66_Lemieux_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

This was also the rumor before he was even traded.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:01 PM
shizno*

We would probably be pretty ******** over the Hossa situation had we not won. If he had ditched us to go for what he believed gave him the best shot, and then won...it would be ******** city and for good reason. Thankfully it worked out for us, he was shamed for that season, then finally got it in Chicago. All was right in the universe.

shizno* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Scandale du Jour
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 2066
Quote:
still not mad at Hossa. I was rooting for him hard in 2010 once we went out.

Though Iginla going back to Calgary would be substantially different than what Hossa did. Still, neither has/had any obligation to stay here.
I was rooting for Hossa too in 2010... because we got our Cup in 2009.

Scandale du Jour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Frederick Stanley
MSF

The moment Iginla signs long term, I'm ordering the #12 jersey.

Frederick Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
I was rooting for Hossa too in 2010... because we got our Cup in 2009.
I was rooting for Hossa as well cause they were playing the flyers!

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
well there's that

Old
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Yeah, I don't think we had any alternative but to cheer for Hossa in that series.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Yeah, I don't think we had any alternative but to cheer for Hossa in that series.
well I was cheering for him as soon as we went out

Old
04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Candyman

Quote:

-Shero brought Glass in for a reason. No way he waives/trades him. Not happening. I'd be shocked.
Every player on this roster was brought in for a reason. Thing is Glass sucks at his reason.

Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:10 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
This isn't an answer Iginla gave to a question. This is what his agent is feeding a media guy. I'm not disagreeing with your underlying warning, but the reasoning is wrong, imo.
That's the thing though, there's no actual quote so I don't know why anyone is buying any of it. I'm mentioning Hossa only because he, when forced to give an answer, said yes of course I like it here and would like to consider staying here. The overall point is it doesn't mean anything yet people will take it too far then get angry when something, that wasn't ever promised to them mind you, doesn't come.

UnderratedBrooks44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
well I was cheering for him as soon as we went out
Oh, I see. I can't even remember who I was cheering for once we got bounced. Bad memory.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
"Flaming C" has got to be the worst nickname for a logo ever.
Is that what it's actually called?? I heard Feaster use that phrase the other day and I was thinking "WTF DUDE?!" I thought he was just stumbling over his words or something. If that's the official name, wow... you have to wonder about the idiot who first coined it / thought it would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
Orpik is not going anywhere. Dont you guys pay attention to Shero and Bylsma? He shows no signs of slowing or declining skills. l
He showed plenty of slowing down the first 20 games or so of the season. He's improved a bit as the team has improved but he's definitely not the Orpik of old. There's a reason why we got Douglas Murray, and it starts with Orpik slowing down / not being able ot man-handle people the way he used to.

IF the Penguins intend to give Iggy, Letang and Malkin big contracts this summer or fall, Orpik is done as a Penguin IMO. We won't have a choice. Someone with a substantial salary will have to go so that the following year we don't get into cap trouble. Last year that would've been an easier call (Martin). Now it's esay the other way (no way we're giving up Martin 2.0). And that's aside from Kennedy who I can almost guarantee you won't be here taking up $2M+.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:17 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

Quote:
That's the thing though, there's no actual quote so I don't know why anyone is buying any of it. I'm mentioning Hossa only because he, when forced to give an answer, said yes of course I like it here and would like to consider staying here. The overall point is it doesn't mean anything yet people will take it too far then get angry when something, that wasn't ever promised to them mind you, doesn't come.
*shrug*

Lavoie reported it, and I hold him in very high regard. It may not be true. It probably doesn't matter at this point, he's played one game for the Pens. But I do trust that Lavoie has heard this.

12IsGreaterThan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:19 PM
WVP

Quote:

I don't think he's interested in playing on a rebuild roster.

And Crosby/Iginla and Malkin/Neal pairings are blatantly obvious, once the dust settles. Shero has said many times that you don't get the chance very often to obtain an impact player. I think he does whatever he has to do.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
*shrug*

Lavoie reported it, and I hold him in very high regard. It may not be true. It probably doesn't matter at this point, he's played one game for the Pens. But I do trust that Lavoie has heard this.
gotta agree with this coffee-addled hombre. i trust Lavoie more than Dreger.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote