HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ongoing Iginla discussion | RDS: Prefers to sign extension with Penguins (post #22)

Old
04-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
That's the thing though, there's no actual quote so I don't know why anyone is buying any of it. I'm mentioning Hossa only because he, when forced to give an answer, said yes of course I like it here and would like to consider staying here. The overall point is it doesn't mean anything yet people will take it too far then get angry when something, that wasn't ever promised to them mind you, doesn't come.
Ren Lavoie is a pretty good source. If he was willing to put that tweet up there's probably something to it, he's a reliable guy who doesn't spout bs like Rob Rossi.

Doesn't mean Iggy is re-signing here but it's a damned good sign.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:33 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
gotta agree with this coffee-addled hombre. i trust Lavoie more than Dreger.
The night we got Iggy, when I was going through everyone's twitter feeds, Lavoie is the *ONLY* person who got it right the entire time. He didn't scoop anyone on the Pens, but he kept saying he wasn't a Bruin.

12IsGreaterThan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:18 PM
SEALBound
Fancy Conor McSheary

Orpik+TK gone = Iggy + elc prospect.

I don't Iggy expects to get $7mil. He can't...he won't. $5mil is more realistic.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Orpik+TK gone = Iggy + elc prospect.

I don't Iggy expects to get $7mil. He can't...he won't. $5mil is more realistic.
I could even see Iginla accepting a deal in the $4.5m range, depending on term. I'll be quite shocked if he gets anything about $5m from Shero, just because Shero is realistic in what he can afford long-term from any of these guys we acquired. I don't think the guy values money over chance to win at this point.

At his farewell press conference in Calgary, Iginla referenced to when you win "one", you want to keep winning more Cups. So even if we succeed this season in our goal, I think that only likens the chance he would re-sign.

Killswitch7187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
The night we got Iggy, when I was going through everyone's twitter feeds, Lavoie is the *ONLY* person who got it right the entire time. He didn't scoop anyone on the Pens, but he kept saying he wasn't a Bruin.
You're right. I believe he said "Don't shoot the messenger but...."

He was also my go to for info during the lockout. In my mind, he's the most reliable guy out there.

Waffle Fries is offline   Reply With Quote