HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

"Take [it] to the bank" that Regehr Will be a King

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 10:01 PM
AirBriere48

vCash: 2225
"Take [it] to the bank" that Regehr Will be a King

From Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal:

"Take this to the bank: former Flames defenceman Robyn Regehr, now with the Buffalo Sabres, will be a King at the trade deadline as a third blue-line pairing player."

Who is this guy? Is he reliable?

Link: http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ys-busted-jaw/

Old
03-31-2013, 10:06 PM
funky

vCash: 500
No idea, loved Regehr as a Flame. Not so sure anymore. I guess we need the muscle in the back end and have a few fleet of foot guys who can cover for him being on the slow side.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:08 PM
soothsayer

Matheson is reliable.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:09 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBriere48 View Post

"Take this to the bank: former Flames defenceman Robyn Regehr, now with the Buffalo Sabres, will be a King at the trade deadline as a third blue-line pairing player."

Matheson is a old guy who's been writing for the press in Edmonton for decades.

He's not some random blogger if you're asking that.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:13 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

He's also not a rumor monger as well and this should be construed as his own opinion and not some deadline prediction.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Really don't want this to happen unless Regehr has told the Sabres he won't re-sign.

If Reggie goes, our defense is worse off for the rest of the season and likely next season. Still a solid player and a good leader and person. I don't want to lose him.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:16 PM
Backlund

vCash: 50
I could see this happening. Regehr would fit in well on a Sutter team.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:17 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

LA scouts have been at nearly every Sabres game for the last 2 weeks. They are the most likely destination for Regehr by far.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:19 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Really don't want this to happen unless Regehr has told the Sabres he won't re-sign.

If Reggie goes, our defense is worse off for the rest of the season and likely next season. Still a solid player and a good leader and person. I don't want to lose him.
I really like the guy and was glad he waived to come to Buffalo but that's a stretch. I'd take him on the third pair no problem but they won't miss him badly. I would argue the team would be better off right now with Adam Pardy in his place. There isn't much left there and he's declining rapidly.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:19 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Who cares what it looks like the rest of the season.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:20 PM
sjci

vCash: 313
Would the Kings be interested in something long the lines of 2nd + Nick Shore

Old
03-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:

Fear not this trade will aid the tank commander in ways you cannot possibly fathom

Old
03-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Data

Quote:

I don't know, let's see what his Hockey Hall of Fame profile has to say.

http://www.hhof.com/htmlinduct/ind00m.shtml

Old
03-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:

It's probably not going to hurt the Sabres too much in the short term considering their position in the standings. Might as well acquire assets for departing players.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
Seems like overpayment to me. Maybe a lesser prospect and a conditional pick depending on if the Kings re-sign Regehr or how far they go in the playoffs.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Seems like overpayment to me. Maybe a lesser prospect and a conditional pick depending on if the Kings re-sign Regehr or how far they go in the playoffs.

Depends...on how willing Regehr is to moving....if he's not holding the Sabres hostage like Iginla we could get a decent return... However if he is...we could wind up with less than what Leopold returned.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:31 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:

he is in the hockey hall of fame and he the guy the Eksucks, jailhousebob, insiderhocley amd other wannabe read and then try to pass of the rumours as their own

Old
03-31-2013, 10:32 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
No. I appreciate the effort and it's not a terrible proposal but I think the Kings value shore pretty decently. He looks like a guy who could possibly be our 3rd line center in a few years. I don't like the idea of even a 2nd for Regehr but the market will dictate his price and it seems like he'll need a 2nd+. Just not Shore. Want Max Kitsyn? Brandon Kozun? Bud Holloway or Oscar Moller's rights? I believe both want to come back to NA but Oscar doesn't fit our system and Bud is never welcome back until Dean is fired.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:36 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
No. I appreciate the effort and it's not a terrible proposal but I think the Kings value shore pretty decently. He looks like a guy who could possibly be our 3rd line center in a few years. I don't like the idea of even a 2nd for Regehr but the market will dictate his price and it seems like he'll need a 2nd+. Just not Shore. Want Max Kitsyn? Brandon Kozun? Bud Holloway or Oscar Moller's rights? I believe both want to come back to NA but Oscar doesn't fit our system and Bud is never welcome back until Dean is fired.
Sure, I'd take a 2nd + rights to Holloway, even though he's a Group VI FA this summer.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
I really like the guy and was glad he waived to come to Buffalo but that's a stretch. I'd take him on the third pair no problem but they won't miss him badly. I would argue the team would be better off right now with Adam Pardy in his place. There isn't much left there and he's declining rapidly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Who cares what it looks like the rest of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Fear not this trade will aid the tank commander in ways you cannot possibly fathom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It's probably not going to hurt the Sabres too much in the short term considering their position in the standings. Might as well acquire assets for departing players.
I just look at the UFA market and it seems pretty bare. If Regehr is willing to stay, which I bet he is, and gives us a hometown discount, which I bet he would, why not re-sign him if we can get a good deal for him? He's not a bad player and considering how few options there are out there I'd ideally like to keep him for a couple more years.

However, if he does go, it'd be a tough pill to swallow for me since I like him so much but he'd get a chance at the Cup and we'd be able to get something for him. If he doesn't want to re-sign, fine, trade him, but if he's willing to, I'd at least make him an offer to keep him around. Guys like Leopold, yeah, we weren't going to keep. Guys like Regehr we don't have enough of on the team or in the pipeline and that has been a huge weakness for this team for years. If he goes, Weber is the only guy left as a pure stay-at-home guy on the roster.

The guy waived for Buffalo the first time and was excited to be here and likes it here. Now less than two years later we're going to trade him. Just not the way things should have been.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:55 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Took it to the bank.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:02 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
My check cashier says it's invalid.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
KBA4life

I wouldn't be opposed to it. Kings have sorely missed Greene and Mitchell all year. Ellerby has been better of late, but him, Muzzin and Martinez have all been pretty shaky defensively the bulk of the year

Old
03-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Guys like Regehr we don't have enough of on the team or in the pipeline and that has been a huge weakness for this team for years.
Guys with zero puck possession skills? Last time I checked Buffalo was full of them. Regehr has to be stay at home because when he's on the ice the opposition is in his end for 65% of the game.

Defensemen like Regehr are fine if they are your #5 or #6 making $1 Million a year. But Regehr makes $4 Million and will likely get at last 2 years at $4 Million a year in free agency. If he is going to be heart broken about playing the last 12 games of the season with a different team he could have signed an extension.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:12 PM
KingCanadain1976

im not oppose to getting him just at what cost, I dont see us giving up a 2nd this year with no first We need to draft in that round. drewiski and a 4th is about all id offer

Closed Thread