HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's all take a moment and appreciate this year

Old
04-01-2013, 09:43 PM
BeBen*

vCash: 500
Let's all take a moment and appreciate this year

From 15th in the east, horrible season with everything that could go wrong what a turn around year this has been, from not expecting a season to such a great half season

Hell for a while we didn't even know if we were going to see Subban in a Habs jersey again

Marc Bergevin, Michel Therrien, PK Subban, Andrei Markov, Lars Eller, Bourque before his injury all of them have been way above the expectations most people had

Let's all take a moment, close your eyes, smell the fresh air cause it's good to be a Habs fan these days

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Lionel Mandrake

vCash:
A+ coaching biggest factor. I must admit, I wasn't a fan of Therrien's hire. That crow tastes delicious.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

vCash: 114
Such a great turnaround. Everyone is contributing and we have management that knows what they're doing. This season and beyond is looking very good for the Canadiens organization.

04-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
Let's take a moment to enjoy the thoughts of our team's performance and to relax while enjoying this video.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:54 PM
yianik

Its a relief not sweating making the play-offs, knowing we can beat anybody anytime, and knowing the chances are we will win the game we are watching. Actually looking forward to what we might do in the play-offs. Its fun again.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:03 PM
No More Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Mandrake View Post
A+ coaching biggest factor. I must admit, I wasn't a fan of Therrien's hire. That crow tastes delicious.
Lol same. I was so against it. Now I couldnt imagine if MB hired someone else.

No More Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:04 PM
BobbyFischer*

This year is just a fluke... we'll be 14-15th in the east again next year..

(just kidding)

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Gustave

Last year I was cheering for us to lose. Never want to go through that **** again. This year is just so much fun.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:10 PM
SB164

I think this team could compete against anybody, and more often than not (even if they lose occasionally), they still compete and play to win. And that's all I can ask for.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:15 PM
ChikN

We look dominant out there. Opposing Ds constantly on their heels with that crazy neutral zone speed we have. Plus all lines crash the net way more often, it's a treat to see them play. Can't wait for the playoffs!

ChikN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Saundies

No pain, no gain.

If last year doesn't happen, Jacques "The Count" Martin doesn't get fired, PG might not get fired, we don't get Galchenyuk, etc. This year has been a completely breath of fresh air. If they're not winning (which isn't often) then at least they're competing. Whenever they're down, there's confidence that they can come back and tie the game. They don't get pushed around, and everyone contributes. Team first, no excuses.

I know everybody keeps saying "this isn't our year" but who knows? We've shown we can compete with anyone in the entire conference, even Pittsburgh. I think we have the real potential to make some noise in the playoffs. If Pittsburgh is somehow upset in the first two rounds, then I like our chances at possibly coming out the Conference. I know I'm jumping way ahead of myself here, but I'm just saying. Don't write the team off just because they weren't considered "contenders" coming into the season, or because they aren't loading up at the TD.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:17 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
No pain, no gain.

If last year doesn't happen, Jacques "The Count" Martin doesn't get fired, PG might not get fired, we don't get Galchenyuk, etc. This year has been a completely breath of fresh air. If they're not winning (which isn't often) then at least they're competing. Whenever they're down, there's confidence that they can come back and tie the game. They don't get pushed around, and everyone contributes. Team first, no excuses.

I know everybody keeps saying "this isn't our year" but who knows? We've shown we can compete with anyone in the entire conference, even Pittsburgh. I think we have the real potential to make some noise in the playoffs. If Pittsburgh is somehow upset in the first two rounds, then I like our chances at possibly coming out the Conference. I know I'm jumping way ahead of myself here, but I'm just saying. Don't write the team off just because they weren't considered "contenders" coming into the season, or because they aren't loading up at the TD.
I think Habs vs Pens is so much closer than it was when we beat them in the 2nd round in 2010 even though they're even better than they were, so are we

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stan...nd2/e1vs4.html

Old
04-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
I think Habs vs Pens is so much closer than it was when we beat them in the 2nd round in 2010 even though they're even better than they were, so are we

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stan...nd2/e1vs4.html
I think so too. When we last played them, Morrow was a non-factor. Douglas Murray hasn't been too great this year. The only really good addition they've made is Jerome.

I just think this team can do great things. Therrien's hitting all the right buttons, we've got a solid top 4 D, with Norris caliber and a Vezina caliber goalie. No superstars up front, but a balanced attack where anyone can contribute at anytime. The biggest difference from this year to last year however is character; guys like Prust, Frankie Boo, Halpern, Moen, Gallagher, Gio, PK.. These guys are made for playoff hockey.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:34 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

And we're just going to get better. Can't wait till Galchenyuk can really show what he can do. Tinordi eventually replacing Cube will help us drastically too.

Add Kristo, Beaulieu, Hudon, Collberg et almost al. and you have us being in extremely great shape for years to come.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Et le But

As much as last year's draft was great...

I don't want to go through that again. Watching the Habs last year was miserable. Even if we don't go all the way this year, it's been a blast.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Lafleurs Guy

What I'm most happy about is that I don't see this as a one off fluke. I'm surprised that it's happened so quickly and maybe next year we might take a small step back but over the long haul this team is going to be good.

And I can't wait to see us when Galchenyuk hits his prime. That's going to be sick.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:43 PM
StellerEller
Neednewname:(

vCash: 351
We've been through alot as Hab fans. The Bruins cup was especially hard to swallow, but it seems like our team is finally in the hands of people capable of bringing us back to being thought of as a contending/powerful/scary team to play against.

I think we've had some quality teams over the last couple decades, but this team might be the best one, save for maybe 2008. I hesistate to put expectations on the playoffs, but as far as the quality of our team going forward, we are in an amazing spot. Our prospect pool is great as it stands, and it's only going to get better with the picks we've acquired. Our current roster is deep, young, talented, and hungry. Our Coach fits the players, our GM is patient and proactive. This is only the beginning, but even if that's true, let's sit back enjoy right now. This season has been fantastic and it almost makes the lockout worth it. I can't wait for the playoffs.

GO GO

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:52 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
I think so too. When we last played them, Morrow was a non-factor. Douglas Murray hasn't been too great this year. The only really good addition they've made is Jerome.

I just think this team can do great things. Therrien's hitting all the right buttons, we've got a solid top 4 D, with Norris caliber and a Vezina caliber goalie. No superstars up front, but a balanced attack where anyone can contribute at anytime. The biggest difference from this year to last year however is character; guys like Prust, Frankie Boo, Halpern, Moen, Gallagher, Gio, PK.. These guys are made for playoff hockey.
great, really good post. sums up everything perfectly.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:53 PM
hardcorehabs

Amen what a joy ride this year has been thus far

hardcorehabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Great season.

There is still more upside too...

Pens without Crosby... hmmm.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:00 PM
KingGallagherXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Mandrake View Post
I'm not sure if it's the biggest factor. Forward depth is the deepest we've had since I can remember, because of Bourque, Prust and the rookies out of nowhere. Markov's return gave us 2 good pairings, and Bouillon's return gave us a very decent 3rd pair. Subban and Eller improved greatly. The Powerplay has 10 points of percentage more success than last year.

The coaching is a factor, but so is the improvement of the team itself

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:03 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

This season has been amazing. Tonight against Carolina was boring. Not just because it was a boring game but because you just knew the Habs were going to pull through so there was almost no point in watching the game. How sweet it is to be a real contender!

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
I think everything has been covered in this thread.

Just wish this type of season had happened in an 82 game season...

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:11 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I think everything has been covered in this thread.

Just wish this type of season had happened in an 82 game season...
I seriously don't see them slowing down so even over an 82 games season we would have been just as good, hell there might have been an even bigger gap between us and the lower part of the conference

We've been 7-2-1 in our last 10 for a while now, it stayed around there for most of the season

What was our worst ''Last 10'' this season? possibly around when we had our off night against Toronto and White costing us the Buffalo game? it was covered lately on 24CH, what was our last 10 back then?

Old
04-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
From 15th in the east, horrible season with everything that could go wrong what a turn around year this has been, from not expecting a season to such a great half season

Hell for a while we didn't even know if we were going to see Subban in a Habs jersey again

Marc Bergevin, Michel Therrien, PK Subban, Andrei Markov, Lars Eller, Bourque before his injury all of them have been way above the expectations most people had

Let's all take a moment, close your eyes, smell the fresh air cause it's good to be a Habs fan these days
You might also include Gallagher and Diaz in your accolade, not to mention Ryder and Budaj.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote