Notices

Jay Bouwmeester traded to Blues

Old
04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Well Mark Cundari is two years younger than Ian Cole and has to this point in his career enjoyed more success at the AHL level. I think we have a good young piece here from all accounts.
He has alot of skill but unlike Cole he is weak on the puck and has defensive issues, he is kinda like a defenseman version of Byron.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:00 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Ya can't do much better, maybe and hopefully this will be a lesson on handing these out like ****ing candy.
Sutter crippled Feaster when trying to deal Iggy and J-Bo. Only knock would be they should've dealt Iggy sooner, but that's probably an Ownership decision. J-Bo's value was as good as it was gonna get right now. IMO we are lucky to get the 1st.

I might be the only one not suicidal right now.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:00 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
You do realize Bouwmeester > Regehr right?
Ya and you realize a 1st and two prospects in a lot better then two 2nds?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
DoubleJ96

I love the fact the Flames possibly have 3 first rounders in the upcoming draft but it boggles my mind that you trade Iginla and Bouwmeester and don't get ONE solid prospect back in return. You mean to tell me Feaster couldn't have gotten the first and one good prospect instead on two weak prospects? In the Iginla trade I get it, Feaster was handcuffed, but this trade is bad.

DoubleJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:02 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginlafan View Post
I love the fact the Flames possibly have 3 first rounders in the upcoming draft but it boggles my mind that you trade Iginla and Bouwmeester and don't get ONE solid prospect back in return. You mean to tell me Feaster couldn't have gotten the first and one good prospect instead on two weak prospects? In the Iginla trade I get it, Feaster was handcuffed, but this trade is bad.
He was handcuffed in the Jay-Bo trade too. Bo had a NMC and a list too.

Sutter ****ed us..... bad. And Feaster may pay the price. And all of us for having to watch this ****ty team for the next couple years.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Kranix

vCash: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginlafan View Post
I don't think any GM could have got much more. Except maybe Cliff Fletcher...

Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:03 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
He has alot of skill but unlike Cole he is weak on the puck and has defensive issues, he is kinda like a defenseman version of Byron.
Everything I have read says he is very strong on his skates and plays a physical game.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:03 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Everything I have read says he is very strong on his skates and plays a physical game.
I second this.

HighLifeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:07 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Not from what I have seen, he seems to get knock over rather easily. Maybe I saw bad games but I haven't been all that impressed in him.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:07 PM
TylerSVT*

Only way i think this trade is good, is if this pick is used to move up and get Drouin/ top 5 pick.

Otherwise its a feaster fail. A Failster if you will.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Gabriel6676

On second thought - wrong thread for this

Gabriel6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightDuck View Post
everyone's crying in their beer. Common, even Ed Belfour had some bad games. Think how distracted these guys must be, I know it's their job not to be but still. It's not all doom and gloom. Feaster wants to stockpile picks. I will agree he is not a good GM, but Notice no other teams are plucking top prospects off these teams.
Well sure, if you ignore the Stars landing a top prospect in J.Morrow for B.Morrow. Who also had a NTC. And a list. But those facts are highly inconvenient to the idea that the Flames have a wholly inept management, so lets keep sweeping it under the rug.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
He was handcuffed in the Jay-Bo trade too. Bo had a NMC and a list too.

Sutter ****ed us..... bad. And Feaster may pay the price. And all of us for having to watch this ****ty team for the next couple years.
Odd how Brenden Morrow having a NTC and a list didn't seem to handicap the Stars too much.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Well sure, if you ignore the Stars landing a top prospect in J.Morrow for B.Morrow. Who also had a NTC. And a list. But those facts are highly inconvenient to the idea that the Flames have a wholly inept management, so lets keep sweeping it under the rug.
Morrow was also a late first round pick who has struggled to acclimate to the AHL level.
Who's to say we dont get just as good of a prospect, if not better with one or both of the 1st round picks we got in return?

Old
04-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Kranix

vCash: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
I don't think Joe Morrow is a top prospect. He's a first round draft pick. It's like being mad the FLames didn't pry Brock Nelson from the Islanders.

Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:27 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

The way everyones been acting, I think an optimism thread is needed

But given managements ignorance, all the NTC's and the fact that we still kept pushing for the playoffs with a mediocore roster, while our assets got older, it's to be expected that a rough rebuild was coming. We played out a lot of our assets (iginla, kipper) and rebuilded way to late. It sucks to say but given the condition of our current roster, we may see an Edmonton esque rebuild :O

But at least there's a few positives

1) with all these picks in this years draft, we can probably jump up 10 spots in prospect rankings and be top 10.

2) we already have guys like Baertschi and Backlund coming into their own. And Janks and Gaudreau are pro ready in 2 years.

3) Unlike the Oilers, we have A LOT of solid assets going into our rebuild to help out the rookies or act as trade pieces.

4) Mckinnon-Reinhart-Mcdavid>>>>>> Eberle-RNH-Hall

RIP Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:28 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Morrow was also a late first round pick who has struggled to acclimate to the AHL level.
Who's to say we dont get just as good of a prospect, if not better with one or both of the 1st round picks we got in return?
Struggled? He has been lights out offensively, he has maybe the best shot in the ahl.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
The Pens tore his entire game apart and forced him to re-learn how to do a lot of things different. Of course he was going to struggle - but after that initial period he looked a lot better.

As for the first, it's possible of course. But not only would a top prospect have contributed earlier, they would still be a safer bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightDuck View Post
I don't think Joe Morrow is a top prospect. He's a first round draft pick. It's like being mad the FLames didn't pry Brock Nelson from the Islanders.
He was a top prospect. One of the Pens supposedly untouchable players.

The Flames couldn't even nab a top five prospect from any team.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well Mark Cundari is two years younger than Ian Cole and has to this point in his career enjoyed more success at the AHL level. I think we have a good young piece here from all accounts.
I really hope you are right. I would of much preferred getting Cole and adding his size.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:33 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Struggled? He has been lights out offensively, he has maybe the best shot in the ahl.
, 4 goals and 15 points in 57 games? Lights out?

Old
04-01-2013, 11:37 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Again have you watched him play? The kids has great instincts, Brodie only had 3 points in 12 games on the Heat last year and I thought he was amazing then. If you haven't seen him then I guess you have nothing to go on but stats but he has looked very good.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:38 PM
DBU
Bars for Eons

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sounds more like he's shooting at the lights then shooting lights out.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

I was feeling bad for you guys until I realized you'll have (most likely) 3 first rounders in a wicked draft.

HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Again have you watched him play? The kids has great instincts, Brodie only had 3 points in 12 games on the Heat last year and I thought he was amazing then. If you haven't seen him then I guess you have nothing to go on but stats but he has looked very good.
I am going on both reports and statistics that have suggested he has struggled. They were posted all over the place after he was traded [ go figure ], and obviously his play did not inspire confidence in the managerial team in Pittsburgh if he was traded for an ageing third line rental. I saw him play plenty of times in Junior, but that was not what I was referencing obviously...

There is also a distinct difference between a 12 game sample size and a 56 game sample size.

Old
trobby

Good trade by Feaster. You guys should be proud on this one.

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote