HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Busiest Deadline in a while?

Old
04-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Chuzwazza

vCash: 500
Busiest Deadline in a while?

Is it just me? or did everyone load up more this year?

Chuzwazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:34 AM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuzwazza View Post
I know I sure did.

Pouliot.

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

Such a clear dividing line between playof and non-playoff teams, the only real constraint to doing deals this year was money, and with the pressure a ticking clock to motivate them many teams found creative ways to make the dollars work. Fewer trades on the day then the NHL, but more over the whole two-week period, and definitely many far bigger trades and names moved. It's like a whole new league today.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Canuck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Such a clear dividing line between playof and non-playoff teams, the only real constraint to doing deals this year was money, and with the pressure a ticking clock to motivate them many teams found creative ways to make the dollars work. Fewer trades on the day then the NHL, but more over the whole two-week period, and definitely many far bigger trades and names moved. It's like a whole new league today.
The talent gap between top and bottom teams seems to be larger than ever. It's honestly hard to imagine that the gap will ever be brought down to a reasonable level. The quirks of the Sim will keep the standings looking like we have some parity for the most part, but the "on ice" product tells a much different story.

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
The old geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuzwazza View Post
I pretty much agree with most comments already made though I think what really increased the trade count was it just wasn't about the gap between buyers and sellers. There were more than a few prospecting/depth swaps among those labelled sellers as well.

I probably loaded up more than I should have. The plan was for me to do an NHL Sharks style deadline where i was both buying and selling in a competitive retooling approach. The selling/retooling piece didn't happen so much though Now I have even more buyouts and guys to that will be walking at the end of the year with nothing to show for it.

The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote