HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 05:33 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Schwartz signed with San Jose 5-6 days ago.
Yeah I just looked it up,Doug Wilson Johnny on the spot.

Old
04-11-2013, 06:17 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
What ever happened to Sebastian Collberg? Wasn't he supposed to arrive last Friday? It's like he fell off the planet.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:21 AM
EveryDay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
What ever happened to Sebastian Collberg? Wasn't he supposed to arrive last Friday? It's like he fell off the planet.
He's should play tomorrow according to him....

Old
04-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

What is the situation with Nygren? Does he need to be signed by June 1st or go back in the draft or as a euro can he slide until 2015?

Old
04-11-2013, 08:00 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
No it's just every time you post it's to say the exact same thing: that the team is terrible. Not to comment on a player's progress or anecdotes or such just that it's a piss poor team. Yes we see that they are the worst performing team in a bit and we know why.

I may have overreacted a little sorry but posts like that sometimes annoy me.
You'll have to check back on my previous posts cause I don't remember, don't know if I crapped on the team specifically but I do recall saying it was unfortunate that the Habs did not provide the Dogs with better veterans this season like they had done in the past. Example, why sign two pluggers like Stortini and Hagel who do the same job when signing someone at the expense of the one of the two I just mentioned who could put the puck in the net would have serviced the team better. I'm sure other posters specific to this topic would agree.

I did like the pickup of Tenute and he is a player the organization should look to retain on a AHL deal next year. A proven AHL player who has done well in this league.

I think you would agree it is overall a better situation for players to develop in a winning team than one that loses on a consistent basis especially considering the abundance of young promising kids they had coming into this season.

No worries about the overreaction. Like I mentioned the Dogs losing doesn't keep me up a night, it's just a transitional/off year and hopefully they will be stronger next season with the maturity of some of the kids and the addition of 2-3 vets who can provide solid leadership and put the puck in the net.

Btw, feel free to ask me about the prospect as I usually hit about 10-15 games a year. I would be happy to provide a quick summary.

Stating the obvious but Tokarski has been solid since coming over. A little surprised the Habs extended Budaj but this bodes well for the Hammer as Tokarski will provide solid goaltending for the Dogs next year.

Last edited by kovacro: 04-11-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old
04-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...-auditions.php

Lefebvre on why he sat Vail:

«Il n'a pas joué lors des trois derniers matchs parce qu'on luttait pour une place en séries, et j'avais besoin de l'apport en attaque des trois autres, explique Lefebvre.»

Really? You were battling for a playoff spot? You were something like 15 points out with 8 games to play.

And Collberg seemingly has not joined the Bulldogs yet (I would assume this info is from yesterday):

Lefebvre attend toujours des nouvelles au sujet de l'état de santé du choix de deuxième tour du Canadien en 2012, Sebastian Collberg. Ce dernier subit actuellement des examens médicaux à Montréal qui détermineront s'il est apte ou non à se joindre aux Bulldogs.

Quote:
What is the situation with Nygren? Does he need to be signed by June 1st or go back in the draft or as a euro can he slide until 2015?
He has to be signed by this summer or else we lose his rights.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:55 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

«Il n'a pas joué lors des trois derniers matchs parce qu'on luttait pour une place en séries, et j'avais besoin de l'apport en attaque des trois autres, explique Lefebvre

Really? You were battling for a playoff spot? You were something like 15 points out with 8 games to play.

And Collberg seemingly has not joined the Bulldogs yet (I would assume this info is from yesterday):

Lefebvre attend toujours des nouvelles au sujet de l'état de santé du choix de deuxième tour du Canadien en 2012, Sebastian Collberg. Ce dernier subit actuellement des examens médicaux à Montréal qui détermineront s'il est apte ou non à se joindre aux Bulldogs.

OMG!!!!! That's the reason why Vail was scratch??????? What an idiot!!!!!!

Old
04-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

«Il n'a pas joué lors des trois derniers matchs parce qu'on luttait pour une place en séries, et j'avais besoin de l'apport en attaque des trois autres, explique Lefebvre.»

15 points out with 8 games?

Old
04-11-2013, 11:13 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:

What I read into that article is that there's no way he would have benched the tough guys, it was one of the rookies.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Nitehowl

Boucher

Is it Boucher time? We need teaching and development for the kids

Old
04-11-2013, 11:49 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Is it Boucher time? We need teaching and development for the kids
not sure he'd come back but I'd take him

Old
04-11-2013, 11:52 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I thought Lefebvre was quoted as saying: "Our goal is develop for the Canadiens not win."

Old
04-11-2013, 11:55 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I thought Lefebvre was quoted as saying: "Our goal is develop for the Canadiens not win."
It's not that he's a flip flopper, he's just adapting too fast for us to follow!

Old
04-11-2013, 12:45 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I guess teaching or developing players doesn't require winning anymore,I was always of the opinion that if you're playing a system and doing it properly then at some point you begin to win,or you're not getting the points!
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's not that he's a flip flopper, he's just adapting too fast for us to follow!
You fell asleep too eh?

Old
04-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Whether we're focusing on developing our kids, or making the playoffs both scenarios would indicate that Stortini and Hagel provide 0 to both.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:02 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Whether we're focusing on developing our kids, or making the playoffs both scenarios would indicate that Stortini and Hagel provide 0 to both.
you are understating the importance of moral victories!

Old
04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
LeMAD

As much as I don't care if Vail was playing or not. "Playoffs?"

Old
04-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Whether it's intelligent or not, whether it makes sense or not, if you have enough respect for your home team, you have to at least say that you're battling for playoffs till it's actually done and over with. Just like every team is actually battling to win the Cup prior to every season even if most know it won't happen. Unless he's a total idiot, we all knwo that Lefebvre knew it was impossible to make it.

Having said all that....I do have my reservations on the guy. We needed a guy like Houle to coach this Dogs team. Keeps saying it for quite a while now. And if TBay fired Boucher in order to not lose Cooper....we should do the same with Houle at the AHL level.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

I imagine it's not easy to get sufficient ice time with so many bodies around right now. They have dressed Vail for 6 games. If we expect some of the Vets to stick around next year we'll have to treat them fairly and allow them to suit up as well.

Old
04-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Whether it's intelligent or not, whether it makes sense or not, if you have enough respect for your home team, you have to at least say that you're battling for playoffs till it's actually done and over with. Just like every team is actually battling to win the Cup prior to every season even if most know it won't happen. Unless he's a total idiot, we all knwo that Lefebvre knew it was impossible to make it.

Having said all that....I do have my reservations on the guy. We needed a guy like Houle to coach this Dogs team. Keeps saying it for quite a while now. And if TBay fired Boucher in order to not lose Cooper....we should do the same with Houle at the AHL level.
Given how well the kids called up have played on the NHL club, pretty hard to criticize anything Lefebvre has done. That is his #1, 2 and 3 priorities. Winning is like #4 or 5.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:48 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Given how well the kids called up have played on the NHL club, pretty hard to criticize anything Lefebvre has done. That is his #1, 2 and 3 priorities. Winning is like #4 or 5.
I agree. And even if I'm one of Lefebvre biggest defenders, I think some of those moves were pretty bold. People still put too much emphasis on the standings to evaluate a coach though.

Desjardins said it himself, he never saw that kind of coaching before, all they did during practice was work on improving the players individually and in group. They go for the development first, and foremost. I think that's the good way to go, but at the same time, I'm sure a winning environment would be better.

Like it or not, we need useless goons to protect the kids. But the problem this year wasn't them but the fact that Lefebvre had very little to work with as far as veterans go in the AHL. Losing Geoffrion and Palushaj was tough on him. For a good chunk of the year, the 'Vet' up front was Dumont. I'm a huge fan of Dumont, but he's still on his ELC contract, hardly a Vet. So the only vet presence he had was the two goons. Now they added Tenute, and the team starts winning.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:04 PM
as15

Congrats to Danny Kristo on being named a 1st Team All-American today. SCSU's Drew LeBlanc won the Hobey Baker as "the nations top player". Kristo had exactly double the goals that LeBlanc had.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Prepare for the apocalypse...Vail in for Stortini.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

No Collberg?

Old
04-12-2013, 06:44 PM
That

Tenute laid a dirty hit on Hishon and then Maggio stepped in and started throwing. Tinordi came flying down the ice to protect Tenute.

Just a completely unnecessary hit. High and from behind. Hope Hishon's okay. Especially after what he's been through the past two years.

On a side note, I hate Bulldogs home games. The quality of the streams is always terrible and the sound is distorted.

EDIT: Erie up 1-0 on the ensuing powerplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
No Collberg?
I don't believe he's signed a PTO, yet.

Closed Thread