HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline Extravaganza (Hawks Stand Pat with Handzus)

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Luongo is the better goalie and has no health concers or injury history. That's a reason I'd like him.
If they buy him out, I'd be all for getting Luongo

Old
04-04-2013, 08:57 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I see the talent but I don't trust him in the playoffs. Too many choke jobs at the worst times. I mean, if he just got all that money from the buyout and said he'd play for 1.3M like Turco, sure, I think you have to do that. I'd be sure to have a strong backup plan but you can't turn him down at that price. If he wants 4 or 5M, I'd prefer other options. I'd rather have someone cheaper and fill the 2C hole. It would be great to have a high end goalie but I'm happy with Crawford and think he is good enough to get the job done.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:28 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I see the talent but I don't trust him in the playoffs. Too many choke jobs at the worst times. I mean, if he just got all that money from the buyout and said he'd play for 1.3M like Turco, sure, I think you have to do that. I'd be sure to have a strong backup plan but you can't turn him down at that price. If he wants 4 or 5M, I'd prefer other options. I'd rather have someone cheaper and fill the 2C hole. It would be great to have a high end goalie but I'm happy with Crawford and think he is good enough to get the job done.
I don't know. He's been weak at times...but I think people exaggerate that. He got to the 7th game of the SCF and was the winning goalie at the 2010 Olympics.

I'd be more worried about Crawford choking than Luongo.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I don't know. He's been weak at times...but I think people exaggerate that. He got to the 7th game of the SCF and was the winning goalie at the 2010 Olympics.

I'd be more worried about Crawford choking than Luongo.
Crawford doesn't have a ton of playoff experience but certainly he needs to be good this time so we can dismiss last year. If he isn't good, yeah, it'll be hard to go with him again. I wouldn't. However, I think he will play really well this year. The Olympics thing doesn't even matter as far as I am concerned. That's not NHL hockey at all. As for the Cup run, he was mostly good but that Game 7 at home, whoowee did he stink the joint up, what was it, 3 goals on his first 10 shots against? The team was done at that point.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:41 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Crawford doesn't have a ton of playoff experience but certainly he needs to be good this time so we can dismiss last year. If he isn't good, yeah, it'll be hard to go with him again. I wouldn't. However, I think he will play really well this year. The Olympics thing doesn't even matter as far as I am concerned. That's not NHL hockey at all. As for the Cup run, he was mostly good but that Game 7 at home, whoowee did he stink the joint up, what was it, 3 goals on his first 10 shots against? The team was done at that point.
That's true. But it's also a very high pressure situation. My point is that people saying he always chokes when the heat is on is to overstate things.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
That's true. But it's also a very high pressure situation. My point is that people saying he always chokes when the heat is on is to overstate things.
Team Canada was a dream team. With good goaltending, they should have walked away with the Gold Medal.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:03 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
He doesn't always choke when the heat is on but you can pen him in for a few losses that fall directly on him. And by that, I mean, the goals in bunches that deflate the team, the pullings, etc. I know this is a concern with any goalie but I don't like knowing for sure the guy will blow games no matter how the team plays. I'm not 100% opposed to it, but it has to be on our terms, very cheap, short term, just a man a mission to prove he can win, money not a factor whatsoever. That is up to him if he wants that.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

just ask yourself the question, do you think Luu is more likely to choke than Crawford?

Luongo is the better goalie and would be an upgrade. The contract kills

Old
04-04-2013, 11:21 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
just ask yourself the question, do you think Luu is more likely to choke than Crawford?

Luongo is the better goalie and would be an upgrade. The contract kills
I think we will have a clear answer after these playoffs. It probably is Crawford. I know Luongo is clearly more talented. Nevertheless, it would have to be dirt cheap. I can think of better ways of spending 5M+ and I would never want the Hawks to take that contract on, period.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

It would be something like Montador straight up. Nothing more. Gillis ****ed up the timing and now he has to be happy to get nothing... I think we are at a time where he will get fired after the POs or he has to take a bad contract back.

Miller will be traded too and Thomas may come back with a team giving him a chance

Old
04-04-2013, 11:49 AM
digdug41982

I'd like see someone post a capgeek with Luongo on the team under his current contract because I don't see how that possibly even works, let alone works out on the ice long term.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:56 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

there's no point trading for luongo. i'd just wait to see if he gets bought out and then try to sign him. he's worth about $5m a yr, i'd say...for maybe 5 yrs.

even now, it's not his cap hit that's the problem as much as the term.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:57 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

I'd rather trade with the lightning to acquire Lindback or Bishop than sign Luongo higher caphit.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Cap hit is fine, it's the term.

Trade Frolik, letting walk Stalberg and Bickell, buyout Olesz and trade Montador back for Luongo or Miller (yes, I'd like him here) and replace the 3 players we lost with prospects and 1 cheap UFA

Old
04-04-2013, 12:00 PM
x Tame Impala

No way Gillis/GM that replaces Gillis will agree to retain a penny of salary. The ONLY reason they're moving him is to free up cap space.

As much hate as Bowman gets, i'd rather have him than have to deal with the total stupidity of a Tambellini, Feaster, Gillis, Holmgren, or Nieuwendyk.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:01 PM
x Tame Impala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Cap hit is fine, it's the term.

Trade Frolik, letting walk Stalberg and Bickell, buyout Olesz and trade Montador back for Luongo or Miller (yes, I'd like him here) and replace the 3 players we lost with prospects and 1 cheap UFA
Buying us 1 year, maybe 2 of cap space before Bolland, Hjalmarsson, Toews, and Kane will all need new contracts

Old
04-04-2013, 03:20 PM
sketch22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Buying us 1 year, maybe 2 of cap space before Bolland, Hjalmarsson, Toews, and Kane will all need new contracts
And giving the Hawks 3 back diving contracts that will kill the teams cap when they all retire.

Old
04-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
No way Gillis/GM that replaces Gillis will agree to retain a penny of salary. The ONLY reason they're moving him is to free up cap space.

As much hate as Bowman gets, i'd rather have him than have to deal with the total stupidity of a Tambellini, Feaster, Gillis, Holmgren, or Nieuwendyk.
You can throw NYR's GM in there as well.

Closed Thread