HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XX

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 04:32 PM
MoJoSauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
AHL playoff rosters are due tomorrow at 3, and the player has to be on the roster to be eligible. They're not playing tonight, so I see this as a Hershey move. Unlikely either is traded IMO.
That makes sense. Also just read that we signed Schmidt which is awesome, it had been a busy day at work. Only news I heard of was Jagr going to Beantown

Old
04-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
That's how George stockpiles on D.

I only like this signing if it's the precursor to Schultz's exit.
I can see that. I don't think GMGM does that, but I can see that.

Old
04-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
My biggest problem with the Hillen signing is that we have four or five 6/7s on d next year
Welcome to Team Defense, your architect, George McPhee

That said,

PLEASE Fire George!

Old
04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

I've said it before, in 35 games this season we've used 12 different defenseman. 6 of our D have been injured at one time or another for multiple games (Poti, Green, Hillen, Erskine, Kundratek, Orlov). I think last season we used 10 d-men and had the likes of Sean Collins appear in a few games.

Looking forward to next season the Caps defensive corps to include depth will look like:
- Alzner
- Carlson
- Erskine
- Green
- Hillen
- Kundratek
- Olesky
- Orlov
- Schilling
- Schmidt
- Schultz
- Wey

Depth is needed along the blue line, depth is good. Get rid of Schultz though.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
I've said it before, in 35 games this season we've used 12 different defenseman. 6 of our D have been injured at one time or another for multiple games (Poti, Green, Hillen, Erskine, Kundratek, Orlov). I think last season we used 10 d-men and had the likes of Sean Collins appear in a few games.

Looking forward to next season the Caps defensive corps to include depth will look like:
- Alzner
- Carlson
- Erskine
- Green
- Hillen
- Kundratek
- Olesky
- Orlov
- Schilling
- Schmidt
- Schultz
- Wey

Depth is needed along the blue line, depth is good. Get rid of Schultz though.
Alzner Carlson Green top 4 locks. Gives the other guys a chance to fight it out for the other top 4 spot.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
As expected, Clowe has waived his NTC to go to NYR. SJ and NYR just to need to finalize but not expected to be a problem.

Who's left in the dumpster bin for George?

Old
04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
As expected, Clowe has waived his NTC to go to NYR. SJ and NYR just to need to finalize but not expected to be a problem.

With Higgins signing an extension, Raymond would be an interesting potential option.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:

George sucks. Plain and simple. He will stand up and say "the prices were too high, we like our team". Nothing made sense to me, so we were happy to say "no".

Whatever George, you will never get your name on the Cup. Not ever. Freaking idiot.

That said,

PLEASE Fire George

Old
04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:

Prospal?

Old
04-02-2013, 06:07 PM
SDBondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
George sucks. Plain and simple. He will stand up and say "the prices were too high, we like our team". Nothing made sense to me, so we were happy to say "no".

Whatever George, you will never get your name on the Cup. Not ever. Freaking idiot.

That said,

PLEASE Fire George
Who should he have gone after again? Jagr, Roy, Clowe or...?

I don't think the Caps needed to be a buyer this year. They just needed to decide whether or not to sell. And honestly - none of those guys is much of an upgrade over what we've got on our first two lines. Jagr maybe but he would be boo'd out of the stadium.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:23 PM
RandyHolt
Keep Truckin

vCash: 2743
Prospol seemed a bit of a cap killer a while back

Old
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Ovechkin

More proof that George the monkey has no clue what he is doing. All he has to do is fool Ted into thinking he's doing something.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

We need adequate LH winger or bottom-6 center. I think it's easy to see. Even if only injury depth.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBondra View Post
Who should he have gone after again? Jagr, Roy, Clowe or...?

I don't think the Caps needed to be a buyer this year. They just needed to decide whether or not to sell. And honestly - none of those guys is much of an upgrade over what we've got on our first two lines. Jagr maybe but he would be boo'd out of the stadium.
Regehr or Leopold would have been tremendous additions. Any of the forwards you mentioned as well. Caps "left" 6m in cap space unused this season. If its not used, then they arent trying to win this year. End of story.

That said,

Freaking Fire George!!

edit-- and of course any of the trio that the Pens just added to their team. They had the best top 6 (pts wise) going in the NHL, yet they felt it suited them to add Iginla and Morrow to their group. Good GM's dont rest, ever. George is ASLEEP

Old
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

If George fleeces Feaster for Giordano tomorrow...

Old
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:

If George fleeces Feaster for Giordano tomorrow...
Sounds like the Flames aren't all that interested in trading him. But one can dream...

Old
04-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Regehr or Leopold would have been tremendous additions. Any of the forwards you mentioned as well. Caps "left" 6m in cap space unused this season. If its not used, then they arent trying to win this year. End of story.

That said,

Freaking Fire George!!

edit-- and of course any of the trio that the Pens just added to their team. They had the best top 6 (pts wise) going in the NHL, yet they felt it suited them to add Iginla and Morrow to their group. Good GM's dont rest, ever. George is ASLEEP
Really, I don't see anyone who's moved so far that we could've realistically gotten who would've helped us in any significant way. Regehr is basically Erskine at this point, but worse. Leopold is to Buffalo what Schultz is to us, just utterly useless and the fanbase wanted him gone. Both of them have GA ON/60s over 3.

The forwards... no ****ing way to Jagr. Just no. Roy is Ribeiro but worse in every conceivable way, we'd have no place for him on our roster. Clowe had a NTC, and given to choice between the Rangers and us I doubt he'd choose DC. And he's utterly useless offensively anyway, still hasn't scored a goal.

Who else is there? Iginla chose Pitt, not like we had a chance there. Murray's the same as Regehr, over-the-hill, absolutely dreadful possession player who's not an improvement on Erskine. Morrow cost a blue chip prospect, he's not at all worth that for what he brings. We've got enough grinders who can't score. I guess we could've gotten Bouwmeester, but that contract would've ****ed us over next year and cost us any shot at resigning Ribeiro.

Honestly, I can't blame McPhee for doing what he's done in this position. The Caps are in that horrible spot where adding little pieces at the deadline doesn't necessarily make us a playoff team, let alone a contender, but we're not bad enough on the ice and/or secure enough financially for him to justify selling assets and trying a bit of a retool. We're stuck in that Calgary Flames limbo where there's nothing you can really do but wait for the team to break out of it, in one direction or the other.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:52 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Jagr would have been very useful here on the ice, but the outside factors make that so distasteful.

Roy is a better 2-way player than Ribeiro, and more versatile. But you don't make that kind of swap at the deadline; interesting to ponder as a UFA though.

JBo would be useful but tough to accommodate without CGY keeping some of his contract. Clowe would be an interesting gamble but if he doesn't pay off he's a slow version of Chimera.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

I'd like Steve Ott as a PK/agitator addition, Giordano as a defensive one. Don't see many options left.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:58 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

So um George....listen up....not another bad word until after the season if you make a couple of quality depth pickups.

Get me a 2nd pair D and a utility forward who can score a little, maybe win a faceoff and can light a fire under the guys if they need it.

Signed,

Oatsie...

Old
04-02-2013, 08:58 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

I know it's EKLUND but...

https://twitter.com/eklund/status/319266551381495808

@Eklund: Keep a close eye on Washington I am told... Where are we tonight? Blog coming up

Old
04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Langway
Flow➜Grow

vCash: 50

Old
04-02-2013, 09:01 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'd like Steve Ott as a PK/agitator addition, Giordano as a defensive one. Don't see many options left.
I've wanted Ott since last season. I think he'd bring the perfect mix of faceoff skills, a little timely offense and crazy.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I've wanted Ott since last season. I think he'd bring the perfect mix of faceoff skills, a little timely offense and crazy.
Same. He's like a better version of Laich.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:06 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Same. He's like a better version of Laich.
He's not better than Laich, not this season at least. Different skillset obviously but in terms of actual hockey he's not at Laich's level.

He's somehow BUF's worst possession player by a wide margin, which is surprising to me. Generally a fan of the player and could see the use for him (give him Chimera's spot in the lineup) but that jumped out at me. He's a little too prone to dumb PIMs for a team with such a poor PK, too, but you can live with that if he rebounds elsewhere.

Closed Thread